Dirts Brew log

I’m no expert, and by no means can answer the question you’ve asked mate sorry, but don’t we push ‘unsterile’ air into the vial everytime we use it ? I wouldn’t have though a couple of seconds of air exposure would have mattered considering the vial isn’t airtight every single time we jab a needle into the top
I wouldn't think it was a big deal either.. that's why I am trying to get some realistic experienced advice.. I just want to get a solid process down that I can trust. Really the testing will tell the tell. Honestly I think there is probly small amounts of bacteria in a lot of the stuff we inject. Our immune systems are in place to attack harmful thing introduced into out body's. Our body's are resilient.. some more than others.. I'm sure I can study up in some medical journal somewhere about acceptable levels of this and that... maybe I will.. probably not tho!!

I'm not worried about airborne to be honest.
My issue with it is the sterilization portion of bottle top filters and autoclave of septa tops.
The bottle top filters and media bottles I have are sterilized with gamma radiation and packed in sterilized pouches. My other media bottles and septas I dip them in bleach then wash them with dawn dish soap and rinse with distilled water then I dry heat sterilize them at 450 degrees for about 2.5 hours which is way hotter and longer than supposably needed. Is this process .worthy..? I dont really know supposably.. it took quite of bit of searching for me to find sterilized nylon .22 bottletop filters as well.another reason I started using the bottle top filter is because I just didn't trust the one rime syring filter.. this way it gets filtered twice

Last edited:
Update on the bottletop filters from ks-tek.com.. finally came in. They come with media bottles all sterilized with gamma radiation . So basically it's a closed system except for the second or 2 it takes to detach the media bottle from the filter and put the cap on (I use caps with a septa so I can draw out of the media bottle as needed. I a discussion. In a thread yesterday I was told bya couple people that this is a very unsterile practice.. I guess because the short time that it is exposed to the open air switching out filter and cap. It doesn't bother me that mu h because when I do transfer I use syringe filters so it gets filtered again.. however I just dint understand what is so unsterile about that process.. if some of you experienced guys can chime in. I'd appreciate it. @narta @Heavy Iron @qadsan @DECLAN @ksm2 @Spaceman Spiff .

Ideally, you should be doing everything under a flow hood equipped with a 0.22um filter to minimize the chances of problems while using sterile gloves and mask, but not everybody has a flow hood to use. The next best thing I can think of while using sterile gloves and mask and doing this in as clean of a room as possible with no air movement is the process you’re using with a sterile reagent bottle and septum, then transferring to your sterile 10mL vials via syringe filter. Before I had a flow hood, that’s how I used to do it.

Ideally, you should be doing everything under a flow hood equipped with a 0.22um filter to minimize the chances of problems while using sterile gloves and mask, but not everybody has a flow hood to use. The next best thing I can think of while using sterile gloves and mask and doing this in as clean of a room as possible with no air movement is the process you’re using with a sterile reagent bottle and septum, then transferring to your sterile 10mL vials via syringe filter. Before I had a flow hood, that’s how I used to do it.
4 HEPA filter machines in a 4x 4 room. Good to go

Update on the bottletop filters from ks-tek.com.. finally came in. They come with media bottles all sterilized with gamma radiation . So basically it's a closed system except for the second or 2 it takes to detach the media bottle from the filter and put the cap on (I use caps with a septa so I can draw out of the media bottle as needed. I a discussion. In a thread yesterday I was told bya couple people that this is a very unsterile practice.. I guess because the short time that it is exposed to the open air switching out filter and cap. It doesn't bother me that mu h because when I do transfer I use syringe filters so it gets filtered again.. however I just dint understand what is so unsterile about that process.. if some of you experienced guys can chime in. I'd appreciate it. @narta @Heavy Iron @qadsan @DECLAN @ksm2 @Spaceman Spiff .
Don't sweat it.

I knew major UGLs that poured into straight from the factory vials not even giving them a proper wash and dry cycle and no one got an infection. We are talking tens of thousands of vials.

Ffs we used to grind pellets, shive them through coffee filters and straight out shoot that shit and still be alright - most of the time.

What you can do to keep things as sterile as possible is make a mixture of chlorine and water like 10% put it in a spray bottle and spray the air in the are you will work on. It will somewhat clean the air from particles.

Don't sweat it.

I knew major UGLs that poured into straight from the factory vials not even giving them a proper wash and dry cycle and no one got an infection. We are talking tens of thousands of vials.

Ffs we used to grind pellets, shive them through coffee filters and straight out shoot that shit and still be alright - most of the time.

What you can do to keep things as sterile as possible is make a mixture of chlorine and water like 10% put it in a spray bottle and spray the air in the are you will work on. It will somewhat clean the air from particles.
its all fun and games till you get sepsis. keep everything as clean as possible no reason not to be hygienic when you're gonna be injecting the stuff

Sponsors

Latest posts