Grapefruit vs. Hematocrit

Hello everyone!
Increased hematocrit is one of the most common issues associated with the use of AAS. It affects well-being, blood pressure, cognitive function, and can lead to the formation of blood clots.
The most effective way to lower hematocrit is to donate blood, but this temporary solution can cause iron deficiency, which reduces performance and quality of life in general.
Another way is to drink plenty of fluids and stay hydrated, but this only helps partially and only if you do it constantly, day after day.

Occasionally, various theories emerge claiming that some product or drug can reduce hematocrit. Are these theories genuine science or just bro-science? What is suitable and effective for athletes on AAS to use to control hematocrit?
In order to somehow sort this out, I gathered a dozen like-minded friends who were ready for experiments and periodic blood tests.
Each of them had a hematocrit above 50% and all of them have used AAS for a long time.

It was decided:
- the possible benefit of the experiment must exceed the possible harm;
- we will check the publicly available information.

First, we decided to check an article (PMID: 3243695) showing the effectiveness of grapefruit in reducing hematocrit.
Every day for 2 weeks we ate 1/2 or 1 grapefruit each day.
Tests were taken before the start and again on the 14-15th day of the protocol.

The first results were quite contradictory but interesting.
The effect was indeed observed; but, not for everyone and not always distinguishable from error.

View attachment 275156
(change in hematocrit level after 2 weeks)

We decided to continue and figure things out as we went along.
It turned out that those who took antiplatelet agents or nootropics with this protocol had a weak effect.
In addition, the whole fruit gave a more noticeable result.
In the end, after another 2 weeks the results were already more significant and promising.

View attachment 275157
(change in hematocrit level after 4 weeks)

Looks like it really works!
For a month we didn't notice any side effects, digestive problems, allergies, or anything else.

I decided to expand the group of subjects; we will recruit friends of our friends and generally everyone.
Therefore, if you are concerned about consistently high or increasing hematocrit, but are not ready to donate blood every 2-3 months, and you don’t mind eating plenty of grapefruits, you can join the experiment!

I would be glad to see blood tests before the start, impressions of the “treatment” of hematocrit, and analysis after a period of time consistently ingesting grapefruit.

Thank you for your attention! I hope this is useful and interesting to someone.
Is the second graph showing a percentage change or change in points?

Would drinking fresh squeezed grapefruit juice the real kind not from concentrate work as well? There are not many things I can’t stand to eat but grapefruit is up there

Hello everyone!
Increased hematocrit is one of the most common issues associated with the use of AAS. It affects well-being, blood pressure, cognitive function, and can lead to the formation of blood clots.
The most effective way to lower hematocrit is to donate blood, but this temporary solution can cause iron deficiency, which reduces performance and quality of life in general.
Another way is to drink plenty of fluids and stay hydrated, but this only helps partially and only if you do it constantly, day after day.

Occasionally, various theories emerge claiming that some product or drug can reduce hematocrit. Are these theories genuine science or just bro-science? What is suitable and effective for athletes on AAS to use to control hematocrit?
In order to somehow sort this out, I gathered a dozen like-minded friends who were ready for experiments and periodic blood tests.
Each of them had a hematocrit above 50% and all of them have used AAS for a long time.

It was decided:
- the possible benefit of the experiment must exceed the possible harm;
- we will check the publicly available information.

First, we decided to check an article (PMID: 3243695) showing the effectiveness of grapefruit in reducing hematocrit.
Every day for 2 weeks we ate 1/2 or 1 grapefruit each day.
Tests were taken before the start and again on the 14-15th day of the protocol.

The first results were quite contradictory but interesting.
The effect was indeed observed; but, not for everyone and not always distinguishable from error.

View attachment 275156
(change in hematocrit level after 2 weeks)

We decided to continue and figure things out as we went along.
It turned out that those who took antiplatelet agents or nootropics with this protocol had a weak effect.
In addition, the whole fruit gave a more noticeable result.
In the end, after another 2 weeks the results were already more significant and promising.

View attachment 275157
(change in hematocrit level after 4 weeks)

Looks like it really works!
For a month we didn't notice any side effects, digestive problems, allergies, or anything else.

I decided to expand the group of subjects; we will recruit friends of our friends and generally everyone.
Therefore, if you are concerned about consistently high or increasing hematocrit, but are not ready to donate blood every 2-3 months, and you don’t mind eating plenty of grapefruits, you can join the experiment!

I would be glad to see blood tests before the start, impressions of the “treatment” of hematocrit, and analysis after a period of time consistently ingesting grapefruit.

Thank you for your attention! I hope this is useful and interesting to someone.
Look at my blood work in goodlyfe’s thread. Stuff works great for hematocrit but it tanked my ferritin levels!

My hematocrit goes up mostly when using primo, I then add organic red grapefruit juice and whole fruit. I also donate at least once during the use of primo, as that's the only product that gets my levels up.

The viscosity of a biological fluid can be directly related to the hematocrit.
The ability of erythrocytes to stick together does not affect viscosity.

Would drinking fresh squeezed grapefruit juice the real kind not from concentrate work as well? There are not many things I can’t stand to eat but grapefruit is up there
Unfortunately, I don’t know which part of the grapefruit contains more of the necessary substances.Fresh juice will probably work too, but that's a topic for another study. My capabilities do not yet allow me to do several studies at once.
I pay for almost all of these BW.
But I'm also interested in this question, so I'll check it out in the next couple of months.

My hematocrit goes up mostly when using primo, I then add organic red grapefruit juice and whole fruit. I also donate at least once during the use of primo, as that's the only product that gets my levels up.
What about boldenone and oxymetholone?
Do they have no effect or do you just not use them?

Ruby Red Grapefruit fresh squeezed is tits for naringin content (what helps with hematocrit + increasing oral uptake). I eat half a red grapefruit EOD with breakfast or fresh juice if I remember to get enough to break down for the week. From concentrate is very hit/miss as I'm guessing some of the natural phytochemicals are stripped in the process somewhere.

Back