Hair Loss

Microneedling goes beyond absorption because microneedling alone works. It makes rogaine work 2x better but it still has an effect on its own.

Maybe something about acute localized micro-trauma stimulating proliferation/growth in response, which includes hair.
That shit is not enjoyable. I tried to incorporate it into my routine and I am inconsistent.

I’m only using a .5mm dermaroller and it’s extremely uncomfortable.
Nicely done.

Not many common ingredients are safe topically but deadly if ingested.

Dose/poison and all that jazz.
you read the label before you put in in your body.

Here let me share the label ingredients of the RU-58841 (RuDerma PG free) from Minoxidil Max. They use the same inactive ingredients to suspend minoxidil…. You can chose the propylene glycol or PG free version.

Active ingredients: RU58841 (5%)
Inactive ingredients: Ethanol, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Vera

I hope a few drops of this won’t kill me :(

Btw I use minoxidil foam. No where was it mentioned to use that orally. Only suspensions using ethanol and propylene glycol/glycerin.

If oral is your first choice, take a pill. If you cannot, you CAN mirror an oral dosage SAFELY using topical minoxidil products. Read the label and dose accordingly. People are successfully doing this.

I’m over making noise about ingesting a few drops of FDA approved ingredients. So in the future you all can just be right.

Just to be clear.. RU-58841 is an NSAA (non-steroidal anti-androgen) DO NOT use this orally. It is only used as topical.

That shit is not enjoyable. I tried to incorporate it into my routine and I am inconsistent.

I’m only using a .5mm dermaroller and it’s extremely uncomfortable.
I’m using a .25mm and want to go bigger. It doesn’t get deep enough. I’m wondering if I should go .5mm or 1.5mm.

To those that microneedle, what size are you using?

I use 1mm but I just started ru58841 so I stopped. Iv read that in order to stimulate the stem cells in the hair follicles they used 1.5mm. Obviously everyone is different and it's hard to account for how much pressure is applied but I know they used 1.5mm in the study i read. The depth range for the stem cells is like 1-1.8mm.

It's recommended to work your way up and find what works for you. It is possible to go to deep gotta find your sweet spot. I started at 1mm and would do it once a week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240129_234838_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240129_234838_Chrome.jpg
    625.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I’m using a .25mm and want to go bigger. It doesn’t get deep enough. I’m wondering if I should go .5mm or 1.5mm.

I think mine is 0.75 or 1 mm.

It's not painful but I can definitely feel it. Brand is drpen.

Once or twice a week while you're taking a shit and voila.

I dunno about taking topical min orally or how to judge how much to take but actual oral minoxidil for hair loss is used at 2.5-5mg. It doesn't start acting as a anti hypertension drug until 10mg (>40mg) however everyone is different. If I were to use topical as oral I would only be concerned about what type of alcohol is used, if it's ethanol than is it denatured, also I would go with the solution over the foam due to the solution probably having less ingredients. That's if you want to be extra cautious.
denatured as in safe to consume?

denatured as in safe to consume?
No denatured means they add something to it to make it toxic or bad tasting to stop people from drinking it. But I'm guessing they use plain ethanol without a denaturant in minoxidil, because the other ingredients are the deterrents (denaturant) They probably make everything in-house and adding an extra ingredient to the ethanol they make would be a costly extra step.

My derma roller is .5mm and I find it uncomfortable. From the research I did it’s on the lower range for effectiveness, but I wanted to start out with a smaller size and work my way up gradually to assess my comfort level. I’ll admit I have not been the best at using it routinely. I don’t like it at all.

I am actually a day post-op of a hair transplant. The local anesthesia needles suck more than micro needling for sure, but the long term results are going to be better than rolling that thing over my head.

Going to stick to finasteride, minox, and RU58841 for maintenance.

My derma roller is .5mm and I find it uncomfortable. From the research I did it’s on the lower range for effectiveness, but I wanted to start out with a smaller size and work my way up gradually to assess my comfort level. I’ll admit I have not been the best at using it routinely. I don’t like it at all.

I am actually a day post-op of a hair transplant. The local anesthesia needles suck more than micro needling for sure, but the long term results are going to be better than rolling that thing over my head.

All topical ?

My derma roller is .5mm and I find it uncomfortable.

Yeah, I think mine is 0.75 mm and it's not painful, but I can definitely feel it.

I use Rogaine and RU daily. Dropped dutasteride around 6 months ago and haven't noticed any hair thinning. Will stick with minox RU and microneedling for the time being.

Not sure i have much to add, but here’s what I’m doing:
Once daily:
5% RU58841
5% topical minoxidil foam
~3-5mg oral minox (topical liquid, taken orally)
1mg castor oil (oral)

Once weekly:
.1% topical dutasteride
Microneedling, cheap derma roller from amazon says 1.5mm, I’m probably not pressing in all the way, probably .75-1mm in reality

I’ve been doing topical minoxidil and RU since mid December 2023, incorporating everything here by early January 2024. I’m guessing the castor oil is close to useless here but it’s so cheap i might as well just send it. I do seem to have some tiny hairs showing up on my hairline, but not expecting anything visible until 6 months in of full protocol. I’m on test only, low test+primo was fun but seemed to really mess my hair up, made it a lot thinner all over and receded a tiny bit. I think a large part of it was low E2 since overall my hair is mostly normal now, just would be nice to get my hairline and density all the way back. Letting my estrogen run as high as i can possibly tolerate it for what hopefully amounts to hair gains. Will probably run this stack for a full year and then evaluate.

Not sure i have much to add, but here’s what I’m doing:
Once daily:
5% RU58841
5% topical minoxidil foam
~3-5mg oral minox (topical liquid, taken orally)
1mg castor oil (oral)

Once weekly:
.1% topical dutasteride
Microneedling, cheap derma roller from amazon says 1.5mm, I’m probably not pressing in all the way, probably .75-1mm in reality

I understand the castor oil and much else of this, but why oral minox over topical?

1) Those derma rollers are barbaric. Last of the Mohicans-level shit. I got a Dr Pen and it's pretty good.

2) Depth setting: it shouldn't be painful but yes uncomfortable.

I understand the castor oil and much else of this, but why oral minox over topical?
I do both mainly because i already have a ton of the foam but also because a lot of people have better results with oral. Also some days for work i need my hair to look presentable and not shitty so taking oral lets me be consistent with topical being a nice boost i guess

1) Those derma rollers are barbaric. Last of the Mohicans-level shit. I got a Dr Pen and it's pretty good.

2) Depth setting: it shouldn't be painful but yes uncomfortable.
Yea i hate derma rolling. It’s uncomfortable and it makes me sneeze for some reason (i sneeze in bright lights too, so idk). The derma pen looks nice but i hate the disposable cartridge stuff. Not planning on micro needling for the long term so this will do for now

Yea i hate derma rolling. It’s uncomfortable and it makes me sneeze for some reason (i sneeze in bright lights too, so idk). The derma pen looks nice but i hate the disposable cartridge stuff. Not planning on micro needling for the long term so this will do for now

They lie about the cartridges. One cartridge lasts months, easily. You're only using it 5 minutes per week.

There are a few new things on the horizon to check out:

* Pyrilutamide - blocks androgen receptors directly (vs Fin/Dut which blocks conversion of testosterone into DHT)
* KY19382 - an analog of PTD-DBM. Interesting preclinical results, activates a wound-healing pathway to induce follicle neogenisis. In human trials in Korea now.
* ...and esp if combined with TEPP-46/ML265, which sensitizes cells to glucose during anagen induction.