Has anyone actually harmed their heart / kidneys from steroids in spite of having good BP and blood work?

Wow, that shows a way higher number than my eGFR on a blood test (92 v. 72). I guess they just plug in a number for bodyweight? It is not a question that they ask when scheduling blood tests. The only difference is body weight. I do not have a Cystatin C number. If I lower the bodyweight, then it lowers the eGFR number. It looks like the test assumes I am 120 some odd pounds?

Or am I misusing this calculator?

Last edited:
Wow, that shows a way higher number than my eGFR on a blood test (92 v. 72). I guess they just plug in a number for bodyweight? It is not a question that they ask when scheduling blood tests. The only difference is body weight. I do not have a Cystatin C number. If I lower the bodyweight, then it lowers the eGFR number. It looks like the test assumes I am 120 some odd pounds?

Or am I misusing this calculator?
The eGFR is expressed as mL/min per 1,73 m2 body surface (i.e. mL/min/1,73m2) by default. If you plug in your height and weight it doesn't need to express it anymore per 1,73 m2 body surface but can simply give the eGFR for you (= for your estimated/calculated body surface) and thus the unit will be mL/min. If the calculated body surface is below 1,73 m2 the number will be lower and if it's higher it will be higher.

Labs don't know your body surface or body weight and height, thus they always express in ml/min/1,73m2.