Janoshik Analytical laboratory testing services

So in essence, the machine does it all and you do very little?
That wasn’t meant as a slam or a setup.
Haha, don't worry.

Without the machine it wouldn't be possible to test the stuff at all.

To just turn on the machine and 'run' a sample, you can be schooled to do that in a day and in most laboratories it is done by people with only secondary education.

To develop a good method (ie. teach the machine HOW to do it), maintain it and actually be able to verify it still does its job properly, it requires exceptional skill that even many PhDs in the field lack.

To break it down into time requirements, I spend about 5-15 minutes with each sample and the sample is in the machine for half an hour.

However with the few troublesome samples, it happens that I spend an hour with them.

Method development takes anywhere from hour to weeks.

What's your other handle here
Right?

His self-righteousness and belief he's smarter than others in his own stupidity is reminding me of someone.

Last edited:
Im sorry for jumping in randomly, is there a site/thread where you post all labs youve tested? Im looking to see if a certain lab is legit, i remember their rep on another forum saying he sent stuff to you and it tested positive. Also provided a sheet with positive results but it can be photoshopped pretty easily so im not sure..

Im sorry for jumping in randomly, is there a site/thread where you post all labs youve tested? Im looking to see if a certain lab is legit, i remember their rep on another forum saying he sent stuff to you and it tested positive. Also provided a sheet with positive results but it can be photoshopped pretty easily so im not sure..
There's a way to verify if the sheet is indeed genuine -
Code:
http://janoshik.com/verify/

You insert the data circled in red and it will show you the report as it was issued. This prevents issues with photoshopping the results.

upload_2018-11-19_11-28-2.png

What's your other handle here
I don't have any other handles
Only insecure people do so.

@master.on the one and only
accept no sunstitutes.

Haha, don't worry.

Without the machine it wouldn't be possible to test the stuff at all.

To just turn on the machine and 'run' a sample, you can be schooled to do that in a day and in most laboratories it is done by people with only secondary education.

To develop a good method (ie. teach the machine HOW to do it), maintain it and actually be able to verify it still does its job properly, it requires exceptional skill that even many PhDs in the field lack.

To break it down into time requirements, I spend about 5-15 minutes with each sample and the sample is in the machine for half an hour.

However with the few troublesome samples, it happens that I spend an hour with them.

Method development takes anywhere from hour to weeks.

Right?

His self-righteousness and belief he's smarter than others in his own stupidity is reminding me of someone.
That's not the way it works.
If you actually had any hands-on experience you'd know how time consuming it is.

1 Order the reference standards

2 Look for a suitable testing method either search online, ask colleagues or ask the equipment manufacturer or column supplier.

3 Whenever possible choose a reversed-phase method, as they're usually easier.

4 See what column type that method uses.

5 Check if your columns supplier has columns optimized for that application
i.e. there are some columns meant to make steroid analysis easier.

6 Decide on a column length.
Personally I prefer long columns first to see if the method works, then try shorter columns to reduce the time tests take.

7 Order said column

8 See what mobile phase solvents that method requires, purchase if needed.

9 Install the new column in the HPLC machine

10 Set the machine to run solvent trough it for at least 5 minutes

11 Leave the column with solvent in it at least overnight, to equalize it

12 Do some math to see if a standard dilution works or if you need serial dilutions

13 See what the solvent in the reference standard is (i.e. methanol).

14 Do some math and a "recipe" for preparing the blank, and calibration standards

15 Put a new tip in the micropipette to avoid cross contamination

16 Prepare a blank sample including some bare solvent as in the reference standard

17 Make sure the machine has enough solvents in the bottles, refill as needed

18 turn on the machine

19 allow to warm up

20 enter the method settings

21 start the test run

22 manually inject the sample for those machines without autosampler

23 check to make sure no hoses, pump or column are leaking

24 check the chart
no high peaks should be there since it's a blank sample
no peak should be 4x higher than the background "noise"

25 if 24 shows high peaks, change settings, solvents or look for another method

I don't have any other handles
Only insecure people do so.

@master.on the one and only
accept no sunstitutes.

That's not the way it works.
If you actually had any hands-on experience you'd know how time consuming it is.

1 Order the reference standards

2 Look for a suitable testing method either search online, ask colleagues or ask the equipment manufacturer or column supplier.

3 Whenever possible choose a reversed-phase method, as they're usually easier.

4 See what column type that method uses.

5 Check if your columns supplier has columns optimized for that application
i.e. there are some columns meant to make steroid analysis easier.

6 Decide on a column length.
Personally I prefer long columns first to see if the method works, then try shorter columns to reduce the time tests take.

7 Order said column

8 See what mobile phase solvents that method requires, purchase if needed.

9 Install the new column in the HPLC machine

10 Set the machine to run solvent trough it for at least 5 minutes

11 Leave the column with solvent in it at least overnight, to equalize it

12 Do some math to see if a standard dilution works or if you need serial dilutions

13 See what the solvent in the reference standard is (i.e. methanol).

14 Do some math and a "recipe" for preparing the blank, and calibration standards

15 Put a new tip in the micropipette to avoid cross contamination

16 Prepare a blank sample including some bare solvent as in the reference standard

17 Make sure the machine has enough solvents in the bottles, refill as needed

18 turn on the machine

19 allow to warm up

20 enter the method settings

21 start the test run

22 manually inject the sample for those machines without autosampler

23 check to make sure no hoses, pump or column are leaking

24 check the chart
no high peaks should be there since it's a blank sample
no peak should be 4x higher than the background "noise"

25 if 24 shows high peaks, change settings, solvents or look for another method
Shouldn't you be in the other threads telling people to run grams of gear. You're a moron

26 then prepare solution samples for the calibration run keep a log of their concentrations

27 inject every calibration sample, or put them in the autosampler and tell the software which vials to run for the calibration

28 check peak heights or Area Under Curve to make sure it's quite a straight line (the software helps you do that

29 for method validation you should run the calibration samples at least 5 times each to make sure peak heights/AUC and retention times doesn't vary much

30 then prepare the sample to test, diluting it as in #16 or #26, only this time it includes some raws/finished gear to test

31 inject the sample in the machine

32 make sure the peak retention time matches the one in the reference standard run
If it doesn't then it's not that steroid

32 check out the peak height/AUC
and do some math to determine the purity % or concentration.

33 wash the column between runs

34 leave the column with solvents in it to preserve it when not used

35 periodically check the Retention Times logs
when RTs begin moving left or right, it means a worn down or clogged column.

And I feel like I skipped some tests
So this hardly means you do very little in HPLC
It's not that you do very little, it's that Janoshik knows very little about it.

@janoshik warning: your head might explode with all the deep knowledge below.

There's a way that you can use HPLC for steroid "identification" without GC-MS

this involves making standard solutions having several reference standards at a time

g003238-large.jpg

You need to inject them ONE AT A TIME, take note of their Retention Times, and determine the RELATIVE ORDER at which their peaks appear, as in the chart above.

Actual RTs will vary a little bit on later tests, especially if you replace the column.

But you inject the Multisteroid Standard Solution, then inject the sample to test,
and see if any peak in the sample matches a RT peak in the MSS
this should be a pretty identical RT, since you just injected the MSS.
Some big pharma QC labs do a calibration run every 10 samples tested, so you can do calibrations (with MSS) every 20 or 30 samples for UG testing.

Just don't expect the RTs to remain the same forever, especially if you replace the column.

You don't have to include all 50 or so steroids that you claim to test. You can make several MSSs of 10 steroids or so each.

I charge about $1000 for this type of consultancy. You should be thankful.

@janoshik warning: your head might explode with all the deep knowledge below.

There's a way that you can use HPLC for steroid "identification" without GC-MS

this involves making standard solutions having several reference standards at a time

g003238-large.jpg

You need to inject them ONE AT A TIME, take note of their Retention Times, and determine the RELATIVE ORDER at which their peaks appear, as in the chart above.

Actual RTs will vary a little bit on later tests, especially if you replace the column.

But you inject the Multisteroid Standard Solution, then inject the sample to test,
and see if any peak in the sample matches a RT peak in the MSS
this should be a pretty identical RT, since you just injected the MSS.
Some big pharma QC labs do a calibration run every 10 samples tested, so you can do calibrations (with MSS) every 20 or 30 samples for UG testing.

Just don't expect the RTs to remain the same forever, especially if you replace the column.

You don't have to include all 50 or so steroids that you claim to test. You can make several MSSs of 10 steroids or so each.

I charge about $1000 for this type of consultancy. You should be thankful.
Than go charge it somewhere else

@janoshik is my babies daddy. That's my vested interest. :D
We should write a letter to his mental institute to stop him from having unsupervised rendezvous with the internet.

I swear to god, idiots with internet and too much time on their hands are the worst.

Also, we need to have a talk.

We had agreed that you'd keep it from the public as long as the child support keeps coming on time and I'm sure as hell I didn't miss it.

What's your vested interest in defending jano?

A You're actually jano alt handle
B You're a shill paid by jano
c You work for a source that paid jano to make up "99% purity" test results.
Not defending jano,,you're being an idiot in all 3 testing threads

@janoshik is my babies daddy. That's my vested interest. :D

We should write a letter to his mental institute to stop him from having unsupervised rendezvous with the internet.

I swear to god, idiots with internet and too much time on their hands are the worst.

We had agreed that you'd keep it from the public as long as the child support keeps coming on time and I'm sure as hell I didn't miss it.
Families that shill together stay together.

To get any credibility please post:

1 Chromatography equipment pics

2 Reference standards pics

3 Answer what machine and method do you use for qualitative analysis (steroid identification)
By method I mean column choice, mobile phase, gradient changes if any, temperatures, flow rate, injection volume.

4 Answer what machine and method do you use for quantitative analysis (how much is there)

5 Post qualitative analysis charts

6 Post HPLC calibration charts

7 Post HPLC quantification charts

9 Briefly explain how the HPLC data/chart translates to a purity % or concentration.

10 Briefly explain how do you dilute raws or oils for HPLC injection.