Perrin Aybara's Journey to an Elite Powerlifting Total

It's a vicious cycle, however it's a great mindset for making all kinds of gainz.

The day we become satisfied is the day we stop progressing and just start getting old.
That is what is special about us -- we want more! and when we get there, then there is always a new more to be chased down :)

The day we become satisfied is the day we stop progressing and just start getting old.
That is what is special about us -- we want more! and when we get there, then there is always a new more to be chased down :)

Well said. It's crazy to me how many people are totally content to lift the same weights year after year and look exactly the same. We all have different goals, but to me that's not having goals at all.

2016-04-04 21.33.55.png

Weight was 219lbs

Got my new belt today and used it just to break it in a little.

20160428_155217.jpg

Bicycle for cardio, but skipped going the long way to conserve energy for the mock meet. I'll start carbing up tomorrow, I believe I'll do the mock meet Sunday.

I wish I knew of a way to edit the video to blurr out face. I would love to post up some lifts to get feedback

Just shoot the squats and deads from slightly behind and out to the side and bench from out in front. If you edit the lifts to right before you start and right after you end the set you shouldn't need face blurr.

Just catching up. Solid work Perrin. If I could pull 585 in training I would hit 650 at a meet with the adrenalin flowing. Of course at my age I'm finding max effort pulls need to be used very sparingly.

You are easily good for 600+ meet day.

I wish I knew of a way to edit the video to blurr out face. I would love to post up some lifts to get feedback

Just shoot the squats and deads from slightly behind and out to the side and bench from out in front. If you edit the lifts to right before you start and right after you end the set you shouldn't need face blurr.

This is what I do also. Another tip is start filming at your warm ups and you can get the camera angle down to keep your face out. I have seen members here post vids with their faces edited out with stickers. I'm assuming it was a free editing app.

Just catching up. Solid work Perrin. If I could pull 585 in training I would hit 650 at a meet with the adrenalin flowing. Of course at my age I'm finding max effort pulls need to be used very sparingly.

You are easily good for 600+ meet day.

I think I'm good for 600 conventional this weekend. After that I'm switching to sumo for my next meet later this year. 635+ is the goal for it. Having a cycle and two meets under my belt I think I'll be a lot better prepared for this one.

I prefer using max effort sparingly as well, 3-4 times a year is about what I shoot for. That 585 came a lot closer to max effort than I'd have liked. I was having trouble staying tight that day for some reason.

Keep me updated on this smaller belt. I can't wait to get outta work and get my inzer belt out together

What size and type is it and what's the one you already had? My other one is a Texas 4" belt.

This is my new one.

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=kla-single-prong-3in-belt-10mm

What size and type is it and what's the one you already had? My other one is a Texas 4" belt.

This is my new one.

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=kla-single-prong-3in-belt-10mm
I got the 10mm lever belt from inzer. All I know about my current belt is its 4inches wide. Not to sure about the thickness

Is that a 10mm or 13mm?
I love my 10mm inzer lever. Didnt take to long to break in either.

I prefer using max effort sparingly as well, 3-4 times a year is about what I shoot for. That 585 came a lot closer to max effort than I'd have liked. I was having trouble staying tight that day for some reason.

I feel the same way when using max effort. I usually do 2 max effort training blocks throughout the year and that seems to work good for me. Higher risk of injury for sure. 585 is damn impressive man!

Is that a 10mm or 13mm?
I love my 10mm inzer lever. Didnt take to long to break in either.

I feel the same way when using max effort. I usually do 2 max effort training blocks throughout the year and that seems to work good for me. Higher risk of injury for sure. 585 is damn impressive man!

Both of my belts are 10mm.

I probably wouldn't even be going for a max now, but I ran a Sheiko template and that's what it calls for. A couple weeks ago I did the two singles at 100% of the max I used and this weekend I'm supposed to do a mock meet and set new maxes.

Sheiko really worked out well for what I used it for. I dropped to a cruise dose of 140mg/week and cut about twenty pounds and I'm really close to my last meet maxes, might even hit right at them this weekend. I'm already happy with what I hit a couple weeks ago, so anything more will exceed expectations and put me in a really good starting point for this next cycle in a few weeks.

Do you do your own programming? I've been dabbling in it and did my last meet prep and am in the process of doing this next one. Running Sheiko was a nice mental break from it and I could just show up and lift, which was nice.

Both of my belts are 10mm.

I probably wouldn't even be going for a max now, but I ran a Sheiko template and that's what it calls for. A couple weeks ago I did the two singles at 100% of the max I used and this weekend I'm supposed to do a mock meet and set new maxes.

Sheiko really worked out well for what I used it for. I dropped to a cruise dose of 140mg/week and cut about twenty pounds and I'm really close to my last meet maxes, might even hit right at them this weekend. I'm already happy with what I hit a couple weeks ago, so anything more will exceed expectations and put me in a really good starting point for this next cycle in a few weeks.

Do you do your own programming? I've been dabbling in it and did my last meet prep and am in the process of doing this next one. Running Sheiko was a nice mental break from it and I could just show up and lift, which was nice.

Running Sheiko you should hit some good numbers.

I have done my own a few times using daily undulating periodization(DUP) but i question myself so much on which accessories i program, that its hard for me to be happy with a program i create. I usually find a DUP template and then modifiy that to fit my needs. I like the aspect of just showing up to lift just like you.

Running Sheiko you should hit some good numbers.

I have done my own a few times using daily undulating periodization(DUP) but i question myself so much on which accessories i program, that its hard for me to be happy with a program i create. I usually find a DUP template and then modifiy that to fit my needs. I like the aspect of just showing up to lift just like you.

I have the same issues. I like sticking to the RTS guidelines of six pressing movements and six lower body movements for my main exercises. Then limit myself to 2-3 accessories per training day max. Keeps things reasonable that way.

I ran a DUP template I put together last year based on the Dr. Zourdos DUP template and I applied that stuff and my progressed based on AMRAP sets. I put around 50lbs on each of my lifts during my first cycle with it.

I'm in the process of getting a good plan together for this next cycle and meet. 20 weeks of four week blocks, two volume, two strength and one peaking leading into the meet. I've got the volume blocks done and the peaking block almost done. Still trying to come up with the strength blocks. I think I'll just pick the accessories a month or two at a time as I go and can decide what I need to work on.

I have the same issues. I like sticking to the RTS guidelines of six pressing movements and six lower body movements for my main exercises. Then limit myself to 2-3 accessories per training day max. Keeps things reasonable that way.

I ran a DUP template I put together last year based on the Dr. Zourdos DUP template and I applied that stuff and my progressed based on AMRAP sets. I put around 50lbs on each of my lifts during my first cycle with it.

I'm in the process of getting a good plan together for this next cycle and meet. 20 weeks of four week blocks, two volume, two strength and one peaking leading into the meet. I've got the volume blocks done and the peaking block almost done. Still trying to come up with the strength blocks. I think I'll just pick the accessories a month or two at a time as I go and can decide what I need to work on.

Sounds like you have a good handle on a really solid plan!