Perrin Aybara's Journey to an Elite Powerlifting Total

Screenshot_2016-04-20-20-36-37-1.png

@ROB581211 here's kind of a rough outline of what I'm thinking for me for week one at least. I added a rep to everything because I'm not fond of the idea of singles every three weeks, so it's 4, 3, 2 for this. I added a rep on the other days to keep things evened out as well. The glute ham raise I'm not sure about as I've never done them. I'm not sure I'll even be able to do them off the lat pull down because of how close it is to the wall. If I can't I'll probably do the glute kickback machine instead. I've still got another week and a half of Sheiko to get it fine tunedm

View attachment 40363

@ROB581211 here's kind of a rough outline of what I'm thinking for me for week one at least. I added a rep to everything because I'm not fond of the idea of singles every three weeks, so it's 4, 3, 2 for this. I added a rep on the other days to keep things evened out as well. The glute ham raise I'm not sure about as I've never done them. I'm not sure I'll even be able to do them off the lat pull down because of how close it is to the wall. If I can't I'll probably do the glute kickback machine instead. I've still got another week and a half of Sheiko to get it fine tunedm

Looks good to me brother. I may end up adding a rep to the singles as well but not the whole program. I'm gonna run it once through as is and make changes necessary.

Looks good to me brother. I may end up adding a rep to the singles as well but not the whole program. I'm gonna run it once through as is and make changes necessary.

I hear you and you may like it how it is once you run it.

I've got somewhat of a plan to decide my sets. I'm going to use recent numbers with a rep calculator app. So x4@9 I'll just figure out my 5RM and use that weight when deciding on my 90% and 95% ramp up sets and based on those I'll stay with my original number or either raise or lower that. Seems like a good approach.

I hear you and you may like it how it is once you run it.

I've got somewhat of a plan to decide my sets. I'm going to use recent numbers with a rep calculator app. So x4@9 I'll just figure out my 5RM and use that weight when deciding on my 90% and 95% ramp up sets and based on those I'll stay with my original number or either raise or lower that. Seems like a good approach.

Yeah that definitely makes sense. Like I said I'll play around this first 3 weeks and give it a go. Then make any necessary changes. I appreciate all the help brother. Looking forward to learning more about the RPE and of course moving more weight

My mock meet for Sheiko will be next weekend, not sure if I'll do it Saturday or Sunday yet. I'm thinking my attempts will be as follows:

Squat with wraps
1st: 450
2nd: 475
3rd: 500

Paused bench
1st: 335
2nd: 350
3rd: 365

Conventional deadlift
1st: 550
2nd: 575
3rd: 600

These may change by a few pounds depending on how I feel. I'm already happy with where I am going into this next cycle, hitting these numbers I'd be extremely happy. I ordered some ammonia caps for this mock meet, too. I'll increase calories and carbs again a few days out as well.

My mock meet for Sheiko will be next weekend, not sure if I'll do it Saturday or Sunday yet. I'm thinking my attempts will be as follows:

Squat with wraps
1st: 450
2nd: 475
3rd: 500

Paused bench
1st: 335
2nd: 350
3rd: 365

Conventional deadlift
1st: 550
2nd: 575
3rd: 600

These may change by a few pounds depending on how I feel. I'm already happy with where I am going into this next cycle, hitting these numbers I'd be extremely happy. I ordered some ammonia caps for this mock meet, too. I'll increase calories and carbs again a few days out as well.

Looks like good numbers to me brother. Super jealous of your deadlift. I think you'll go 9 for 9 with those weights for sure. Looking forward to hearing how it works out

Looks like good numbers to me brother. Super jealous of your deadlift. I think you'll go 9 for 9 with those weights for sure. Looking forward to hearing how it works out

Thanks, I hope so. The moderate deload this week and next should help a lot on mock meet day and the ammonia caps for third attempts should help, too.

I think you'll be surprised with what potential you'll be able to unlock with sumo, even off cycle.

Thanks, I hope so. The moderate deload this week and next should help a lot on mock meet day and the ammonia caps for third attempts should help, too.

I think you'll be surprised with what potential you'll be able to unlock with sumo, even off cycle.

I just want a good clean 600 come September and I'll be content with that.

I just want a good clean 600 come September and I'll be content with that.

I have no doubts you'll make that happen and then some, brother. Only downside is you'll only be content for like a day and then you'll start thinking how once you pull 700 you'll be content for real.

I have no doubts you'll make that happen and then some, brother. Only downside is you'll only be content for like a day and then you'll start thinking how once you pull 700 you'll be content for real.
Baby steps. Lmao. It's so true too. None of us are ever content with where we are. The honest truth if I pull 600 early enough in my training it won't be enough for my meet lmao

Baby steps. Lmao. It's so true too. None of us are ever content with where we are. The honest truth if I pull 600 early enough in my training it won't be enough for my meet lmao

When you pull 600 you'll want more at the meet for sure. Of course just some 5's or 10's added on doesn't look that impressive next to the six 45's on each side, so may as well think 25's for 635. Only problem is they use 5lb collars at the meet, so you'll need 645 to have the 25's added. I'm just now realizing this last part, so my new goal may be 645 now, lol. Hell if I'm going to do 645 I may as well go for 650 though.

He's right you know lol

It's true. It's what separates us from the casual lifters.

Exactly! Thats why we will always be better than someone who is contented easily. Did NASA build a space ship and say "eh thats good enough"? Fuck no, they flew that tin can to the damn moon.

Speaking of NASA it seems to me like we're long overdue for colonizing the moon. It's been almost 50 years since we went there.

2016-04-04 21.35.27.png

Weight was 220

Used +70 for the first set of weighted chin ups and could tell I wouldn't complete three more sets, so I dropped to +60. Cardio was biking to the gym and back. I can tell a big difference in endurance since starting the real bike riding.

Preachin to the choir, every time i hit a new pr im walkin on sunshine for about a half hour and then i go right back to "well thats just not enough, gotta get that lift up" hahaha

Half hour? Shit, I haven't dropped or racked the weight yet and I'm already thinking what more can I do and how soon can I do it! lol

Half hour? Shit, I haven't dropped or racked the weight yet and I'm already thinking what more can I do and how soon can I do it! lol

Haha true dat! I like to try and hold on to the good feeling as long as possible, hittin pr's is like the only thing that brings me any joy lol.