Perrin Aybara's Journey to an Elite Powerlifting Total

If it has great internet capabilities and a decent battery I'm good. It seems pretty comparable to the Note 7 from what I've read. If not I've got a couple weeks to return it.

Battery doesnt charge as fast. But im liking it more. Its pretty much the note7 without the stylus. I read that theyre actually updating the S7 and edge with some note7 software since they abandoned it. Not huge stuff, but the display and some other features.

Weight was 212lbs

Reverse Pec Deck Fly 3x20

Incline Barbell Bench 275x5, 280x5, 285x5

Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3x20 with 15's

Beltless High Bar Squat 365x5, 375x5, 385x5

Leg extensions 3x10 can't remember, but last set was 150

Weighted Chin-up 3x5
Bodyweight 212lbs + 90lbs = 302lbs total

All lifts are going up like crazy. I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure 385x5 is an all-time no wraps squat 5 rep PR.

Niiiice! You got so much going for you and you should be able to hit your targets at your next meet.

I'm kind of torn between competing at 198lbs again and really kicking ass at that weight and competing at 220lbs and being less competitive, but hitting some big number goals of mine.

I'm kind of torn between competing at 198lbs again and really kicking ass at that weight and competing at 220lbs and being less competitive, but hitting some big number goals of mine.

I'm the same way. It is tough to decide between 198 and 181 for me. I prefer 198 but I have a shot at being tops in the national rankings for M2's at 181 and can't reach that at 198 so I'm dropping to 181.

At your age I would just go with 220 and get some big PR's. Plenty of time to drop down to 198 again.

You made weight to easy to not the same numbers @198 as you would 220. It took nothing to get to 198 and with the water manipulation will become easier and easier. I'd say stick with the 198. Make every pound count with lean muscle

I'm the same way. It is tough to decide between 198 and 181 for me. I prefer 198 but I have a shot at being tops in the national rankings for M2's at 181 and can't reach that at 198 so I'm dropping to 181.

At your age I would just go with 220 and get some big PR's. Plenty of time to drop down to 198 again.

You made weight to easy to not the same numbers @198 as you would 220. It took nothing to get to 198 and with the water manipulation will become easier and easier. I'd say stick with the 198. Make every pound count with lean muscle

I'm just going to have to see how training goes and where I'm at in a few months. I really want a 405 bench and it'll be so much easier at 220lbs. I think I could pull 650 at either weight though it would be pretty impressive at 198lbs.

If I was to do 198 I wouldn't do the April meet because nationals are in July and I already qualified at 198 for next year. From this year's results I could place second or third.

I kinda just want to chase big numbers right now though. Do the meet in April and get 550/405/650. I'd easily qualify for nationals, just wouldn't be able to get ready in time.

I just don't know right now, I'll have to see what life brings when the time comes.

Bigger is better. :)

Honestly, I think if you keep eating the way you have been but try to hold onto your abs, you can work up and settle in at a lean 220.

I'm just going to have to see how training goes and where I'm at in a few months. I really want a 405 bench and it'll be so much easier at 220lbs. I think I could pull 650 at either weight though it would be pretty impressive at 198lbs.

If I was to do 198 I wouldn't do the April meet because nationals are in July and I already qualified at 198 for next year. From this year's results I could place second or third.

I kinda just want to chase big numbers right now though. Do the meet in April and get 550/405/650. I'd easily qualify for nationals, just wouldn't be able to get ready in time.

I just don't know right now, I'll have to see what life brings when the time comes.

You've got plenty of time to decide. My plan is do Nationals in July as well. We will have to get a meal together if we can both avoid injury and make it to the meet.

Bigger is better. :)

Honestly, I think if you keep eating the way you have been but try to hold onto your abs, you can work up and settle in at a lean 220.

Elite status for 198 is high 1500's, for 220 it's high 1600's. I think I could reach it at 198 next year, a little longer for 220.

You've got plenty of time to decide. My plan is do Nationals in July as well. We will have to get a meal together if we can both avoid injury and make it to the meet.

Definitely if that ends up being the direction I go next year. We all went to the Olive Garden at the meet last month and had a blast.

Shit, i just looked at the chart and i qualified for my class even with missing all of my third attempts(and second for bench lol)
@Masters Power @Perrin Aybara
We should do Nationals for sure. flights are super cheap for LV. i just booked some for a trip in a few months and it was $130 round trip haha. id like to shoot for an elite total at that meet. might be pushing it, but we will see.

Shit, i just looked at the chart and i qualified for my class even with missing all of my third attempts(and second for bench lol)
We should do Nationals for sure. flights are super cheap for LV. i just booked some for a trip in a few months and it was $130 round trip haha. id like to shoot for an elite total at that meet. might be pushing it, but we will see.

This would fit my timeframe better and would allow me to take a real break after this long cycle. My total qualified for 198 or 220, shouldn't be a problem to do either. Would have plenty of time to save money, too.

I wish they'd post the results, I don't think we're officially qualified until they do and I still don't have my records. I sent the fed a message on Facebook and he said it's up to the meet director to get the results to them to post.

Would be a good experience to compete at that level. Looks like it takes place over three days.

This would fit my timeframe better and would allow me to take a real break after this long cycle. My total qualified for 198 or 220, shouldn't be a problem to do either. Would have plenty of time to save money, too.

I wish they'd post the results, I don't think we're officially qualified until they do and I still don't have my records. I sent the fed a message on Facebook and he said it's up to the meet director to get the results to them to post.

Would be a good experience to compete at that level. Looks like it takes place over three days.

Yeah, unforunately we are at the mercy of Marcus the meet director for qualifying totals and records. maybe shoot him an email?

so would you not do the meet in april then and just do nationals?

Yeah, unforunately we are at the mercy of Marcus the meet director for qualifying totals and records. maybe shoot him an email?

so would you not do the meet in april then and just do nationals?

If I do nationals I really can't do the one in April. It would mean very little time off between cycles. I've been on five months right now, even if i just did a short one for the April meet and July meet it would be almost no time off for me.

I'm in. The only thing that will keep me out is if my knees are too bad to do a full meet then but I have my synvisc injection for the right knee timed so it should be about 3 to 4 weeks out from the meet and it is a six month injection. Even if it is bothering me I can do a token squat and concentrate on bench and pull. I'm shooting for an elite total at that meet as well. If all goes well I have a shot at an international elite total. My bench and pull will be well above international elite but my squat is WAY below.

If I do nationals I really can't do the one in April. It would mean very little time off between cycles. I've been on five months right now, even if i just did a short one for the April meet and July meet it would be almost no time off for me.

I may do the same also actually. Do this upcoming meet and wait until July for another one.

I'm in. The only thing that will keep me out is if my knees are too bad to do a full meet then but I have my synvisc injection for the right knee timed so it should be about 3 to 4 weeks out from the meet and it is a six month injection. Even if it is bothering me I can do a token squat and concentrate on bench and pull. I'm shooting for an elite total at that meet as well. If all goes well I have a shot at an international elite total. My bench and pull will be well above international elite but my squat is WAY below.

My deadlift was really close to international elite, would have been over if it wasn't for the injury during the prep. My squat is way off, bench a fair bit. I'm really on the fence about just going for elite at 198, I think I could do it by then.

I may do the same also actually. Do this upcoming meet and wait until July for another one.

I'll still get with coach in January and have a nice, long prep for it. I think we could place pretty well. First is unlikely right now, but the experience will be awesome.