PurplePandaLabs Raw source

i think it's more related to laziness and wanting to be spoon-fed. Off topic posts are easy enough to see from their first paragraph. Just as easy to scroll past if you're a noob looking for source related posts.

i can't remember how many times i've read a noob asking for a hand out, then when told to read the thread, they make the "i don't have time to live on this forum like you guys do" excuse.

This thread has 557 pages, as of this post, and i've read them all. Same goes for the multitude of watched threads i have on my list.

So in other words, fuck them lazy noobs. :D
Same. I even went back and read over a years worth of the pharmacist thread to catch up before i ordered from him. Did the same with 24k and took so long he shut down before i was comfortable with the amount of feedback.

@Roger rabbit from your rabbit hole of knowledge, what's your take on the amount of protein one should try to digest at one time? Accounting for kidney stress and protein wasted through excretion.

On labdoor myprotein.com scored #1, #3, #9... iso97, concentrate, etc... possibly a conspiracy...idk...

Then I found this:

Dymatize Quality Testing (ISO 100) / (Elite Whey)

So after all this drama about "fake proteins" I decided to search if someone had tested my favorite protein and here are the results.

"Dymatize ISO 100, 5 lbs, smooth banana"

The label of this dymatize product claim it have 89% protein, when the results of the analyzed product shows it does have 73.92% protein. About the carbohydrates the label claim to have around 2%, when in the reality it have 22.99%.

The other flavors about the same results...

I got a $100.00 check from some cheap Wal-Mart protein that I used to get... class action lawsuit for amino spiking...

All this is kind of an eye opener... I try to get most of my calories from whole food, but protein powder is so quick and easy...

Oh and what really killed my hopes and dreams were studies like this...

Google: raw egg protein bioavailability and read studies like this:

Protein Absorption & Eggs. ... That means that if you eat enough raw eggs to give you 40 grams of protein, your body will only absorb 20 grams. Eating just raw egg whites results in the same (or worse). Egg whites have a huge amount of a substance called "avidin," which loves biotin. Jun 9, 2017

Needless to say, If you enjoy what you are doing and you feel it's working... keep doing it... I'm down to 1 shake per day and cooked eggs and finely ground chicken breast, so I don't have to chew it very much...

Pasteurized eggs whites absorb 99%. So although they are raw the pasteurizing process is what helps the absorption.

Same. I even went back and read over a years worth of the pharmacist thread to catch up before i ordered from him. Did the same with 24k and took so long he shut down before i was comfortable with the amount of feedback.

@Roger rabbit from your rabbit hole of knowledge, what's your take on the amount of protein one should try to digest at one time? Accounting for kidney stress and protein wasted through excretion.

I honestly don't subscribe to the how much to take in at a time thought.

With adequate water the stress would be limited to the kidneys Again key word is adequate water intake. You also need to ensure adequate fiber intake as well.

The body doesn't just say I took in too much protein so I'm going to discard this and pee it out. It will use it in another avenue for energy etc.

With that said, most my drinks I make are between 80-100g of protein.

If one were to take in 200g at a time.... then yeah... we miggt have some serious gas issues and I'm sure you would feel sick. I've personally never tried it[emoji23]

So y'all are really drink egg whites raw? And not getting food poisoning? Thought it was no beuno?

Any chance yall would swap them? Lol.... this pip is insane. I Will finish the vial i started but I got other vials that i will most likely never touch.
God if someone would swap I'd be ecstatic lol
So y'all are really drink egg whites raw? And not getting food poisoning? Thought it was no beuno?

They're pasteurized or you can get muscle egg

i think it's more related to laziness and wanting to be spoon-fed. Off topic posts are easy enough to see from their first paragraph. Just as easy to scroll past if you're a noob looking for source related posts.

i can't remember how many times i've read a noob asking for a hand out, then when told to read the thread, they make the "i don't have time to live on this forum like you guys do" excuse.

This thread has 557 pages, as of this post, and i've read them all. Same goes for the multitude of watched threads i have on my list.

So in other words, fuck them lazy noobs. :D

When I first got on forums it was to look for sources but now it’s so much more. I’m on 4 different forums, work 60 hours a week and travel for a living. These forums are my social connection. Between work, gym, and home life I use social media as my outlet to connect. It offends me to hear people say things like “I don’t have time” looking just for hand outs. I asked my first week and seen what the deal was, yes I have sources now but it was just a by product of sharing information and learning from and talking to people. So this “forum life” is not just a source grab but a information grab a place for like minded people to connect and grow. Don’t even care about purple whatever just looking for information and seeing what folks be talking about.

I agree with this 100%. Half the time the new guy or a lazy member will just use that as an excuse for a handout. I see it all too often, example:

Ppl labs domestic closed down.... 10 pages of people ( mainly new members) saying what happen to the domestic shop? And literally could have gone back one page and seen what happened.

"The clogged" threads is just an excuse to use for laziness. General chit chat in a thread about nutrition, physique or something someone can learn from is all relevant information such as brewing etc...

It would be impossible or rather boring to not talk in a thread where people gather and just let it sit still and you just see

" panda pm sent" or "delivery was fast" ..... simply unrealistic.
Alot of what yall discuss is informative plus our thread stays active.And when ever I'm on quite a bit I'm right in the middle of the discussion so carry on .
Trolling or dickswinging is what screws a thread up not knowledgeable discussion .

On labdoor myprotein.com scored #1, #3, #9... iso97, concentrate, etc... possibly a conspiracy...idk...

Then I found this:

Dymatize Quality Testing (ISO 100) / (Elite Whey)

So after all this drama about "fake proteins" I decided to search if someone had tested my favorite protein and here are the results.

"Dymatize ISO 100, 5 lbs, smooth banana"

The label of this dymatize product claim it have 89% protein, when the results of the analyzed product shows it does have 73.92% protein. About the carbohydrates the label claim to have around 2%, when in the reality it have 22.99%.

The other flavors about the same results...

I got a $100.00 check from some cheap Wal-Mart protein that I used to get... class action lawsuit for amino spiking...

All this is kind of an eye opener... I try to get most of my calories from whole food, but protein powder is so quick and easy...

Oh and what really killed my hopes and dreams were studies like this...

Google: raw egg protein bioavailability and read studies like this:

Protein Absorption & Eggs. ... That means that if you eat enough raw eggs to give you 40 grams of protein, your body will only absorb 20 grams. Eating just raw egg whites results in the same (or worse). Egg whites have a huge amount of a substance called "avidin," which loves biotin. Jun 9, 2017

Needless to say, If you enjoy what you are doing and you feel it's working... keep doing it... I'm down to 1 shake per day and cooked eggs and finely ground chicken breast, so I don't have to chew it very much...

Ive read quite a few articles and done a great deal of research about drinking egg whites. I have never read anything about someone not getting the full absorption of the proteins in egg whites. What you posted is partially true but it does not apply to what we are discussing. Yes, raw egg whites have a great deal of avidin in them. Avidin binds to biotin which is in the vitamin B family. Your body does not get the benefit of biotin when drinking egg whites in comparison to eating cooked eggs. Cooking egg whites denature the avidin so your body will absorb all the biotin. However, plenty of foods contain biotin. I personally eat lots of eggs too. I, like other healthy people who have a normal diet will never be affected by a biotin deficiency. It's just not possible. Avidin does not affect the absorption of the protein.

Biotin deficiency - Wikipedia

Ive read quite a few articles and done a great deal of research about drinking egg whites. I have never read anything about someone not getting the full absorption of the proteins in egg whites. What you posted is partially true but it does not apply to what we are discussing. Yes, raw egg whites have a great deal of avidin in them. Avidin binds to biotin which is in the vitamin B family. Your body does not get the benefit of biotin when drinking egg whites in comparison to eating cooked eggs. Cooking egg whites denature the avidin so your body will absorb all the biotin. However, plenty of foods contain biotin. I personally eat lots of eggs too. I, like other healthy people who have a normal diet will never be affected by a biotin deficiency. It's just not possible. Avidin does not affect the absorption of the protein.

I think the pasteurization denatures the avidin as well. When you pasteurize the egg whites it's heat up to a point where it kills bacteria but doesn't cook.

At least thus is how it was explained to me.

My last International pack landed today, I made a big order so it was split into two. Slower method was used on the 2nd, took about 3 and a half weeks from payment. Panda rep talked me through the whole thing as I was nervous doing a first time international order, communication was great, stealth was great, thanks brother!

It was just a partial post and I am not nearly as knowledgeable on the subject of raw egg protein digestion as you are...

I just read these scientific studies that state:

The true ileal digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein amounted to 90.9 ± 0.8 and 51.3 ± 9.8%, respectively. A significant negative correlation (r = −0.92, P < 0.001) was found between the 13C-recovery in breath and the recovery of exogenous N in the ileal effluents. In summary, using the 15N-dilution technique we demonstrated that the assimilation of cooked egg protein is efficient, albeit incomplete, and that the true ileal digestibility of egg protein is significantly enhanced by heat-pretreatment.

Nutrition | Mobile

I'm just trying to figure out studies like this that state heat treatment does affect protein bioavailabity...

Thanks for your input.

Pasteurization makes perfect sense though.

It was just a partial post and I am not nearly as knowledgeable on the subject of raw egg protein digestion as you are...

I just read these scientific studies that state:

The true ileal digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein amounted to 90.9 ± 0.8 and 51.3 ± 9.8%, respectively. A significant negative correlation (r = −0.92, P < 0.001) was found between the 13C-recovery in breath and the recovery of exogenous N in the ileal effluents. In summary, using the 15N-dilution technique we demonstrated that the assimilation of cooked egg protein is efficient, albeit incomplete, and that the true ileal digestibility of egg protein is significantly enhanced by heat-pretreatment.

Nutrition | Mobile

I'm just trying to figure out studies like this that state heat treatment does affect protein bioavailabity...

Thanks for your input.

Pasteurization makes perfect sense though.

Wow, that's a long ass article. I didn't read it all. I skimmed through it. I don't know a great deal about egg proteins. I just know I spent a lot of time reading about them when I first started drinking them. I heard someone else say it or read something from a forum that the bioavailability of drinking eggs whites (even pasteurized) is significantly decreased compared to cooking them. I asked a nutritionist friend of mine, but she didn't have an answer. In my research, I couldn't find one article backing up that claim. But I am not saying it's not possible nor that there may be research that suggests this. I just couldn't find it.

The article you posted is quite confusing. However, it keeps mentioning the digestability of eggs whites. Not the bioavailability of the protein in egg whites. I do think those are different things. I would like to read the whole article later. Good for you for reading it and posting it. Thank you. We are all trying to read, learn and share. Well I would like to think "we all" but let's face it, not everyone does.
If you happen to read anything about the bioavailability of egg whites, please let me know.
And I hope I didn't come across as a "know it all" cause that just isn't my style.

Last edited:
You guys should look into nutrabio protein. One of the highest percentage protein per serving I've seen, and really an innovator with the true transparency of their nutrition label.

And take labdoor rankings with a grain of salt. It's been a while, but their method a few years ago was completely off the wall.

Back