Rich Piana in coma possible overdose?

Any updates on why he was induced in to coma??
I wonder how much stuff he took all of this years. Fuck he was young.

Him is dead ..
Yeah i know but i remember sunday or monday he was induced into coma do to a stroke that he had. At least thats what article says.

If im not wrong the only reason people are induced into coma is to prevent more damage to the body.

Generation Iron says they have reports from "credible sources" that Rich did pass away.

I thought that pic of Chanel's hand on his looked ominous, showing that he was not improving... just not dead, yet.

If the sources are true, it's sad. I wasn't a fan, but it's sad nonetheless. I'm still reeling over Big Country, so this is surreal.

Yeah i know but i remember sunday or monday he was induced into coma do to a stroke that he had. At least thats what article says.

If im not wrong the only reason people are induced into coma is to prevent more damage to the body.

Supposedly when he collapsed he hit his head really bad, guessing there was brain swelling that was best relieved through the coma. My 2 cents worth from reading medical reports.

Regardless, best wishes to his family and hope media doesn't make him into more of an antisteroid poster boy than they already have.

I really liked that guy. I remember when he did his first video for mutant. He promoted the product but still telling people you need to "eat big to get big"or it dont going to work. He teach me that. Make me realize a lot of things in bodybuilding with his honesty. He is maybe gone, but his legazy will stay forever.

wasn't a fan, but it's sad nonetheless. I'm still reeling over Big Country, so this is surreal

I here ya man , fuck this week ! I wasnt a huge piana fan either , but the way that him and Dallas went out so suddenly and the crazy circumstances which caused it is mind boggling ! The only slightly positive thing is neither deaths were ped related , because the way the media would have portrayed it would have just been salt in the wounds to the bb community ! Prayers to all families involved , its been a sad week !

I also just seen on fitnessvolt that he had passed. It shows calum and Bradley Martin's tweets saying RIP to Rich as well.

Rich gone?? Oh no not another one as we just lost Dallas.

He played hard too, so RIP Rich Piana.

Wow that is rough losing 2 icons in the bb world in a week. Rip Rich Piana, he was really entertaining.

It's important to know medically induced coma is almost exclusively used for folk with established BRAIN INJURY.

And brain injury of this sort is typically the result of TWO broad insults, oxygen deprivation and trauma.

Both of these insults result in varying degrees of swelling which is poorly tolerated bc the brain is enclosed within the cranial vault, with the net effect being reduced blood flow.

Medical comas are thought to be useful in select folk bc it SLOWS metabolic demand, and allows more time for healing.

DRUG OVERDOSE is NOT a reason for a medical coma per se,

However anoxic injury is a final common pathway of many medically induced coma patients bc "overdose" of certain CNS depressant drugs can overwhelm a patients ability TO BREATHE.

Many OD patients often require active measures such as intubation and the use of paralytic drugs and/or sedative to control their "combativeness" pending clearance of the responsible drug -------

While another subset of patients have clinical features of BRAIN INJURY bc they were "found down" unresponsive for an unknown period of time AND are said to be placed in a medical coma USING the SAME DRUGS -----

The difference generally lies in the duration of, and rationale for, "active measures", NONE of which we or the media are privy to!

Time well tell.

JIM

What are you trying to say JIM?
imean about steroids