Telmisartan

If you look closely it is listed as Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB) and not as diuretic. Again, Telmisartan is not a diuretic.
If it stimulates excretion of sodium and water. You can look at the study, an average weight loss of water of 5 pounds once telmisartan treatment is started. Sounds pretty diuretic to me

If it stimulates excretion of sodium and water. You can look at the study, an average weight loss of water of 5 pounds once telmisartan treatment is started. Sounds pretty diuretic to me

You are thinking of Micardis HCT. There are a lot of bp meds that have Hydrochlorothiazide (HCT) but Telmisartan by itself doesn’t work that way.

C38295E6-B4DD-4BE8-BA6C-01EC5967D4FC.jpeg

but telmisartan is a diuretic. Dont you use telmisartan? I think your logic might be flawed then
That is not the primary function of telmisartan and it removes water weight because it helps excrete excess sodium. It is an angiotensin receptor blocker.

Your logic is anything that helps excrete excess sodium is a diuretic. So is drinking more water a diuretic because it helps excrete excess sodium and water?

The chart you listed doesn't have telmisartan under the diuretic category.

That is not the primary function of telmisartan and it removes water weight because it helps excrete excess sodium. It is an angiotensin receptor blocker.

Your logic is anything that helps excrete excess sodium is a diuretic. So is drinking more water a diuretic because it helps excrete excess sodium and water?

The chart you listed doesn't have telmisartan under the diuretic category.
But it does induce weight loss on its own, telmisartan, so unless you're implying that it's a magical fat burner, then it must be water that is being excreted, no? Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 23-58-41 Medications that cause weight gain and alternatives in Canad...png

But it does induce weight loss on its own, telmisartan, so unless you're implying that it's a magical fat burner, then it must be water that is being excreted, no? View attachment 172661
The drug class is not diuretic. It is an angiotensin receptor blocker. You are using your own logic to state it is a diuretic and it isn't.

It's actually super simple. Diuretics directly affect the kidneys, forcing them to excrete water. Telmisartan does not - it directly affects hormones, to be precise hormones of the renin angiotensin aldosterone system (in short RAAS). This will lead to lower sodium levels and by that a little less water is bound in the body, but thats about it. It doesn't have the same mechanism of action as diuretics as I said earlier. Diuretics not only flush water out, but also minerals, they lead to volume depletion, worsen lipids and blood glucose levels, worsens hematocrit by increasing it and so on. According to studies Telmisartan improves all these things - lipids are improved, some studies say it helps with blood glucose, some studies say it does decrease hematocrit and hemoglobin and so on, the list is long.

Is losartan almost as good as telmisartin? Seems like losartan lowers my bp the best. My losartan is from walmart and telmisartan is from bulgaria. I took them seperate for at least 6 months each.

Is losartan almost as good as telmisartin? Seems like losartan lowers my bp the best. My losartan is from walmart and telmisartan is from bulgaria. I took them seperate for at least 6 months each.
What's the dose of losartan. And what was your dose of telmisartan?

Max dose of losartan is 100mg. Max dose of telmisartan is 80mg.

What's the dose of losartan. And what was your dose of telmisartan?

Max dose of losartan is 100mg. Max dose of telmisartan is 80mg.
Took both those max doses with a water pill htz 25mg. Dr has had me on water pill for 5 years. No side effects from it.

I may give telmisartan another try. It's possible my bp has just got better through diet and exercise. I went back to my losartan because I had an old bottle and ran out of the telmisartan. At the same time of the switch I just noticed my blood pressure was getting a lot better

I may give telmisartan another try. It's possible my bp has just got better through diet and exercise. I went back to my losartan because I had an old bottle and ran out of the telmisartan. At the same time of the switch I just noticed my blood pressure was getting a lot better
Individual response is a thing for sure. I've heard of guys using Telmisartan and it hardly working. Just pick what works for you with the least side effects.

I’m going to start including Telmisartan as a daily regiment at 40mg. Should there be any concerns with conflicting supplements? I take 1.2g of red yeast rice/day along with other vitamins and minerals. All are otc

Back