Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

What Trump calls “the alt left” or called also antifa (which is short for anti-fascist) is a
movement that traces its roots to the militant leftists who in the 1920s and 1930s brawled with fascists on the streets of Germany, Italy, and Spain.

In the 1970s (and later in the 80s and even 90s) the Punk movement from UK and Germany mobilized to defeat neo-Nazi skinheads who were infiltrating the music scene. Via Punk, groups calling themselves "anti-racist action" —and later "anti-fascist action" or "antifa" — sprung up in the United States.

They have seen explosive growth in the trump era for an obvious reason: There’s more open white supremacism to mobilize against.

As members of a largely anarchist movement, antifa activists generally combat white supremacism not by trying to change government policy but through direct action. They try to publicly identify white supremacists and get them fired from their jobs and evicted from their apartments. And they disrupt white-supremacist rallies, including by force.

Some of their tactics are genuinely troubling.
They’re troubling tactically because conservatives use antifa’s violence to justify—or at least distract from—the violence of white supremacists, as trump did in his press conference.
They’re troubling strategically because they allow white supremacists to depict themselves as victims being denied the right to freely assemble.
And they’re troubling morally because antifa activists really do infringe upon that right. By using violence, they reject the moral legacy of the civil-rights movement’s fight against white supremacy.

So, yes, antifa is not a figment of the conservative imagination. It’s a moral problem that liberals need to confront.

But saying it’s a problem is vastly different than implying, as trump did, that it’s a problem equal to white supremacism. Using the phrase “alt-left” suggests a moral equivalence that simply doesn’t exist.

For starters, while antifa perpetrates violence, it doesn’t perpetrate it on anything like the scale that white nationalists do.
Second, antifa activists don’t wield anything like the alt-right’s power. White, Christian supremacy has been government policy in the United States for much of American history. Anarchism has not.
And antifa’s vision is not as noxious.

Antifa activists do not celebrate regimes that committed genocide and enforced slavery.

They’re mostly anarchists. Anarchism may not be a particularly practical ideology. But it’s not an ideology that depicts the members of a particular race or religion as subhuman.

If trump really wants to undermine antifa, he should do his best to stamp out the bigotry that antifa—counterproductively—mobilizes against.
Antifa riots against those who have a different view point than they have. In most cases having nothing to do with racism. They riot (not protest) against anyone who leans right politically. They are a political movement plain and simple. Blm is a racist movement. Antifa is a mob of violent thugs who try and shut down anyone who doesn't think like they do. One of the biggest differences with white supremacy groups and antifa and blm is that the white supremacy groups have been around longer. All 3 groups are terrorist hate groups and should be stomped out and i say why not let them stomp eachother out. Now, knowing that antifa, white supremacy and blm were all going to the same march if you attended... you got what was coming to you if anything happened. Everyone there knew it was most likely gonna pop off and everyone there was willing to defend one of these groups and if not then praise be to Darwinism.

Now, here's the biggest kicker, imo. Trump did not defend either of these hate groups. He denounced them all. Those that aim to see trump fall attacked him for defending the white supremacist group, which never happened. Here ya go, here's the kicker. Those that attacked trump for doing something he never did have all been defending one of these other groups. So, once again, the left is making shit up and actually "doing" exactly what they are attacking trump for doing. Self reflection is a bitch.

When Donald Trump first announced his presidential campaign, I, like most people, thought it would be a short-lived publicity stunt. A month later, though, I happened to catch one of his political rallies on C-Span. I was riveted.

I supported the Republican in dozens of articles, radio and TV appearances, even as conservative friends and colleagues said I had to be kidding. As early as September 2015, I wrote that Mr. Trump was “the most serious candidate in the race.” Critics of the pro-Trump blog and then the nonprofit journal that I founded accused us of attempting to “understand Trump better than he understands himself.” I hoped that was the case. I saw the decline in this country — its weak economy and frayed social fabric — and I thought Mr. Trump’s willingness to move past partisan stalemates could begin a process of renewal.

It is now clear that my optimism was unfounded. I can’t stand by this disgraceful administration any longer, and I would urge anyone who once supported him as I did to stop defending the 45th president.

Far from making America great again, Mr. Trump has betrayed the foundations of our common citizenship. And his actions are jeopardizing any prospect of enacting an agenda that might restore the promise of American life.

President Trump drew a new and forceful round of criticism Thursday from a leading Republican senator, who asserted that Trump has not demonstrated the “stability” or “competence” necessary to effectively lead the country.

Sen. Bob Corker (Tenn.), who has been one of the most outspoken GOP Trump critics in Congress, expressed displeasure with Trump’s response to the deadly weekend violence in Charlottesville and warned that if the president does not change his behavior, “our nation is going to go though great peril.”

“The president has not yet been able to demonstrate the stability nor some of the competence that he needs to demonstrate in order to be successful,” the senator told reporters in Tennessee. “And we need for him to be successful.”

WASHINGTON—Returning to the anti-Muslim bigotry that was a hallmark of his campaign, U.S. President Donald Trump once again endorsed a fictional U.S. massacre of Muslim terrorists, with bullets dipped in pigs’ blood, as an example of how to deter terrorism.

It would be extraordinary even if the story were true: the president of the United States advocating extrajudicial killing, involving explicit religious animus, as an anti-terror tactic.

But the story is fake. The president was asking the world to “study” an online hoax.

“Study what General Pershing of the United States did to terrorists when caught,” Trump wrote on Twitter on Thursday afternoon. “There was no more Radical Islamic Terror for 35 years!”

Some of their tactics are genuinely troubling.
They’re troubling tactically because conservatives use antifa’s violence to justify—or at least distract from—the violence of white supremacists, as trump did in his press conference.
Show me evidence of all the white supremacist violence, rioting, vandalism and the like in let's say the laat 2 years. Do you think it rivals the violence from Antifa? Since white supremacists are using Antifa violence to cover their own, as you stated, there should be plenty of examples of groups of white supremacists comitting violence similar to Antifa levels.
For starters, while antifa perpetrates violence, it doesn’t perpetrate it on anything like the scale that white nationalists do.
Second, antifa activists don’t wield anything like the alt-right’s power. White, Christian supremacy has been government policy in the United States for much of American history. Anarchism has not.
And antifa’s vision is not as noxious.
What power in today's government is wielded by kkk/white supremacists? What political power do they have?

I and others have asked you how Trump "equated" both groups in terms of historical violence. Trump equated them in the fact that both were equal participants in the violence that occured. If you were to say white supremacists are historically on a whole different level of violence and immorality as compared to Antifa I would completely agree with you. I don't think anyone with a clear head could argue that point. Problem is you are saying Trump equated them in total terms when in reality it was just based upon that one incident.

Now, here's the biggest kicker, imo. Trump did not defend either of these hate groups. He denounced them all. Those that aim to see trump fall attacked him for defending the white supremacist group, which never happened. Here ya go, here's the kicker. Those that attacked trump for doing something he never did have all been defending one of these other groups. So, once again, the left is making shit up and actually "doing" exactly what they are attacking trump for doing. Self reflection is a bitch.

I - evidently - am not able to get my point through.
Let's try this

Antifa exists to stop (in their perverse and violent way) neo-nazi's.
from WIKI: Neo-Nazism consists of post-World War II social or political movements seeking to revive the ideology of Nazism.[1] The term neo-Nazism can also refer to the ideology of these movements.[2]

No neo nazi, no anti neo nazi..... but while one group seeks to impose their ideology with violence upon all the people that do not fit their parameters, the other seeks to stop them (with unacceptable violent methods)

trump crossed a line by defending the neo-nazi group. or else why so much fall-out?

Trump's defense of a neo-Nazi rally crossed a line for many Republicans. What will they do about it?

But enough, I can't say more on this argument. We are free for now - fortunately - to have different perspectives

(Reuters) - President Donald Trump has faced strong criticism for his actions regarding investigations into Russia's role in the 2016 U.S. election and contacts between his campaign and Moscow.

Trump has denied any collusion by the campaign and has frequently expressed frustration over the investigations, in particular a probe by special counsel Robert Mueller. Critics have accused Trump of seeking to hinder the investigation. The Kremlin has denied any election interference.

There is little serious talk being heard in Congress, where both the Senate and House of Representatives are controlled by Trump's fellow Republicans, of removing the president from office. However, some Democratic lawmakers have spoken of impeachment, a historically rare process in the United States that can lead to a president's removal. The Constitution's 25th Amendment offers an alternative path to stripping a president of power but has never been used for this.

I and others have asked you how Trump "equated" both groups in terms of historical violence. Trump equated them in the fact that both were equal participants in the violence that occured. If you were to say white supremacists are historically on a whole different level of violence and immorality as compared to Antifa I would completely agree with you. I don't think anyone with a clear head could argue that point. Problem is you are saying Trump equated them in total terms when in reality it was just based upon that one incident.

And that is the core of the argument
Weighing up the violence on both sides misses the point

Hundreds of people showed their faces in public on Saturday to fight for the idea that people are better or worse than each other depending on their race. Counter-protesters showed up to fight against that idea.

Most of the criticism of trump's words has hinged on the suggestion that there is a similarity between the violence seen on both sides. It was his suggestion and he did not clarify it differently

Republican Senator John McCain, a frequent critic of the president, tweeted: "There is no moral equivalency between racists & Americans standing up to defy hate & bigotry".

Most of the criticism of trump's words has hinged on the suggestion that there is a similarity between the violence seen on both sides. It was his suggestion and he did not clarify it differently
He doesn't have to clarify it differently. Anyone can have their words or statements interpreted differently by anyone. I see what you are getting at but I don't agree with your assessment. We don't have to agree but I do appreciate you having the discussion.

And that is the core of the argument
Weighing up the violence on both sides misses the point

Hundreds of people showed their faces in public on Saturday to fight for the idea that people are better or worse than each other depending on their race. Counter-protesters showed up to fight against that idea.

Republican Senator John McCain, a frequent critic of the president, tweeted: "There is no moral equivalency between racists & Americans standing up to defy hate & bigotry".

1-14.jpg

Back