Why there almost certainly is No God!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Desibaba, Oct 26, 2006.

1. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Cocky fella, aren’t you? What I stated was actually just simply put. You’re either dead to sin or dead in sin. As Paul states:
    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
    Galatians 2:20 -

Any “choice” or freewill we have is simply sin living in us. If Christ is truly Lord, then only sin would say like Peter: “Not so Lord!” We either live the resurrected life or we live the sinful life.

All those scriptures you stated haven’t really proven much, except that you know how to quote scripture. Being chosen or predestined before the world was created doesn’t leave much room for freewill, unless you choose to look at it from the viewpoint that we DO have freewill to sin or to submit to God - in which case, I’ll give you that. But at the end of the day, you’re either a slave to sin or a slave to God, which leaves no room for freewill. I will either do the bidding of sin and the flesh and be it’s slave or I will do the bidding of the Lord.

2. GruntLife51

GruntLife51 Member

Precisely. No one sees an engine in a Forrest and thinks it got there by chance. When we look at the human body on a cellular leve
    Not cocky brother sorry I came off that way. I’m just blunt with kindness. Can’t hear voice inflection reading text.

It’s a play on words. See the reality is we are human and bound by time. We can’t fathom God being omniscient, omnipresent, we can’t fathom eternity. We are bound by the world we live, a space time continuum.

Is God sovereign or man free....answer...YES! The Bible is full of tension filled pairs.

Free will exists or it doesn’t. What level are we talking about. The fact I am contemplating this argument and starring at my coke deciding if I want to take another drink proves free will. The fact we can make truth claims proves we have free will and we are overstepping the bondage of total subjectivity.

You choose to live in your sin or live
    to Christ....the former you get live life however you want.

Your thinking way to far beyond what you need to.

hurricane and T-Bagger like this.
  3. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

I always love a good theological discussion brother, good reflection indeed.

Consider this - the fact that you are contemplating drinking your Coke has proven my point that you are choosing sin lol :p

4. LeoTC

LeoTC Member

There is literally nothing stopping you from going on a shooting spree if you choose.

Aside from fear of consequences, I would assume.

You're making a non-argument - because Jesus. Which is why I'm not wasting anymore time with you.

Go with Ganesh, Child.

5. GruntLife51

GruntLife51 Member

Not sure if serious. Drinking coke is a sin?

6. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Partially a joke, but as destructive as Coke is to the body, it could fall under the whole “destroying the temple” but.

7. GruntLife51

GruntLife51 Member

Ya? Ask ted bundy. Do you think he feared the consequences? The reason I don’t do it is because I have no desire, plus I believe in God, and that God is our Moral law giver. He is the arbiter of Truth.

I kill your mom....am I morally wrong? Why

hurricane and T-Bagger like this.
  8. GruntLife51

GruntLife51 Member

I assumed this much is where you were going haha. My response would be

“But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.”
    ‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:23‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Personal conviction is about as subjective as it gets....but they still come from God.

T-Bagger likes this.
  9. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Good to see another fellow believer here.

hurricane likes this.
  10. GruntLife51

GruntLife51 Member

One question. Are you Calvinist?

11. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Man, I don’t believe EVERYTHING the Calvinists do. I’m a biblicist. I believe Scripture interprets Scripture. I believe along the lines of the Arminians when it comes to loss of salvation through deliberate, unrepentant sin. But then along those lines, I see why Calvinists believe that one in that position was never truly saved.

12. LeoTC

LeoTC Member

No.

Because morality is subjective. There are a lot of people that I'd waste in a heartbeat if allowed, simply because I seem them wastes of oxygen.

But society will demand reparation - likely long term imprisonment of death. Which I'm not feeling.

God is a human construct, not the other way around.

Which, again, has nothing to do with finding meaning in life.

I'm just gonna baboon ya and peace out now.

Ya fucking baboon.

13. GruntLife51

GruntLife51 Member

Her derp, fearing consequences for actions is not the same as a “sense of right and wrong.” You make no valid point.

Sincerely,

Baboon.

14. LeoTC

LeoTC Member

Social Conditioning =/= God

I'm more appalled by trophy hunting than murder. My sense of right and wrong are vastly different than yours.

Because unless conditioned to believe otherwise, God and religion have nothing to do with it.

I've watched kids grow up with horrible fucking parents and green their own sense of right and wrong from fucking Batman.

So explain to me, does that make Batman God? Why not?

It follows your own logic.

Oh Batman, who art in Gotham
    Cowled be the main...

15. ergomaniac

ergomaniac Member

never mind all the other drugs :)o_O

[​IMG]

T-Bagger likes this.
  16. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

LOL

ergomaniac likes this.
  17. vitamin_S

vitamin_S Member

Spirituality and Science is totally a different thing bro. There is a God. I'm not going to get into a debate over this but there is a God.

18. GruntLife51

GruntLife51 Member

You’ve proved my point. A kid grows up with horrible parents and he could be a “good person.” From where did they come from....you say “we don’t need God.” Surely, one doesn’t need to directly hear a command like “tho shall not murder” to know its wrong. We inherently fee it wrong. WHY.

You aren’t taking it deep enough. You’re still on the surface, just like Dawkins and hitchins have in debates.

Why do you feel a sense of right and wrong....based on your worldview of origin. Morality in the view of a materialistic world view, is invalid.

You think trophy hunting is worse than murder of humans, what if I don’t? As you said our sense of morality is different. So why do we have prisons, why do we feel a need for “justice.”

T-Bagger and hurricane like this.
  19. LeoTC

LeoTC Member

You're stupidity fucking baffles me.

I'm not thinking deeply enough because you don't like my answer?

Because it's not Jesus?

I'm going to say it one more time, as few words and as simply as possible.

SOCIETY NO WORK WHEN PEOPLE HURT PEOPLE. STEAL FROM PEOPLE. KILL PEOPLE.

SOCIETY BREAK DOWN.

MAKE HARD LIVE.

NO HELP FIND FOOD.

FIND SHELTER.

MAKE AND LEARN BIG MMAGIC MAKE BETTER WHEN PEEPEE BURN.

REMEMBER STORIES FROM LAST MOONS.

MAKE HARD NOT DIE.

If you're cast out into the wilderness, are you going to have an easier time surviving on your own or with a group?

If our group consists of 25 men and 25 women, and the women are being raped or beaten regularly, are they going to be productive members of the group?

Fuck no.

If two of them decide to poison or otherwise kill the men that've abused them, how many more members of your group are you losing? Two, three, fifteen?

However many, you're numbers are down. Now you've got fewer bodies to hunt, gather, farm, build shelter, etc.

You're odds of survival drop.

So you police you're community based on standards that represent the best interests of said community.

You'll still have you're rapists, murderers, and whatever else. Sure.

But you're not going to have as many.

Because loss of freedom sucks. Being scourged sucks. Being fucking executed sucks.

Not Dead > Dead

Seriously Dude, I'm not even arguing the existence of a God. But throwing out this shit about Jesus = morality is just fucking ridiculous.

Burrr likes this.
  20. GruntLife51

GruntLife51 Member

Who cares!!!??? For real....to all of what you said, who cares!? Life has no objective or intrinsic value based on a materialistic world view, or any world view that states morality is subjective and that there is no moral law giver.

I’ll dumb it down. I kill your mom, am I morally wrong? I don’t care that it effects you, society, etc etc. all your theoretical results mean nothing.

Who cares if survival becomes harder. You’re missing the point dude.

What makes it morally wrong. Not because the outcome is bad....that’s irrelevant!