Beware of MANWHORE / Voodoo - Underdosed bunk dangerous infection unsafe liar security risk deranged

@weighted chinup's approach should be the model for how sources are discussed. Imagine if every source in this subforum was critiqued with an itemized list with each item hyperlinked to the supporting evidence. Isn't it so much more useful than simply calling a source a scammer? You don't have to trust the poster - you can simply follow the links, review the evidence and make the decision for yourself.

i agree, but i think one of the disadvantages of being unable to edit post after 15 (?) mins is that if the list is updated, or if the source responses adequately to the accusations/evidence members have to search through the entire thread to find stuff like that. it would be really help if the first post complied all the information and was updated periodically. we'll have threads that are hundreds of pages long and there are actually source issues that get brought up and sometimes addressed but in that is also pages and pages of chit-chat. while there are a lot of advantages of not being able to delete/edit posts, this is one of the disadvantages.

i agree, but i think one of the disadvantages of being unable to edit post after 15 (?) mins is that if the list is updated, or if the source responses adequately to the accusations/evidence members have to search through the entire thread to find stuff like that. it would be really help if the first post complied all the information and was updated periodically. we'll have threads that are hundreds of pages long and there are actually source issues that get brought up and sometimes addressed but in that is also pages and pages of chit-chat. while there are a lot of advantages of not being able to delete/edit posts, this is one of the disadvantages.
Good point and while the edit/delete post time limit is 15 minutes but if a post needs to be updated can simply ask @Millard Baker to update the post in question. Just give him the info and he'll take care of it.

I'm not sure exactly what you are suggesting.

Who do you propose to update the list?

Who determines if complaints have been "adequately" addressed?

If they are "adequately" addressed, what happens to the original complaint - is it removed from the original list?

AFAIC, if a member is willing to take the time to compile a list and document each and every complaint with a hyperlink to supporting evidence, then a source can similarly compile a list and document how each and every compliant was addressed with a hyperlink to supporting evidence.

Good point and while the edit/delete post time limit is 15 minutes but if a post needs to be updated can simply ask @Millard Baker to update the post in question. Just give him the info and he'll take care of it.

I second this. He is on top of things always. Post should stay, and millard is very good about removing critical data especially when asked.

I'm not sure exactly what you are suggesting.

Who do you propose to update the list?

Who determines if complaints have been "adequately" addressed?

If they are "adequately" addressed, what happens to the original complaint - is it removed from the original list?

AFAIC, if a member is willing to take the time to compile a list and document each and every complaint with a hyperlink to supporting evidence, then a source can similarly compile a list and document how each and every compliant was addressed with a hyperlink to supporting evidence.

sorry if i wasnt clear, my point was that for new members, it seems like a lot of them dont go through the entire thread to read everything. for example, weight chinup posted additional evidence criticizing MW but if this thread gets to say 25 pages, and his additional items is posted on page 3 then some users may just read the 1st page and the last few pages. i agree it completely lies on new users to do their own research, but when we had threads like spetz and astro when it was hundreds upon hundreds of pages, in which valuable information is scattered around, it is not unreasonable to think that a lot of users wouldn't read through all that. i dont disagree with your last point, in fact i agree with your original post. im just saying that sometimes the inability to edit post can be frustrating because the list of evidence cannot be updated in the first post, rather it has to be periodically updated through new posts in the thread, let me know if i need to clarify more

sorry if i wasnt clear, my point was that for new members, it seems like a lot of them dont go through the entire thread to read everything. for example, weight chinup posted additional evidence criticizing MW but if this thread gets to say 25 pages, and his additional items is posted on page 3 then some users may just read the 1st page and the last few pages. i agree it completely lies on new users to do their own research, but when we had threads like spetz and astro when it was hundreds upon hundreds of pages, in which valuable information is scattered around, it is not unreasonable to think that a lot of users wouldn't read through all that. i dont disagree with your last point, in fact i agree with your original post. im just saying that sometimes the inability to edit post can be frustrating because the list of evidence cannot be updated in the first post, rather it has to be periodically updated through new posts in the thread, let me know if i need to clarify more

I see your point but i dont know if i like it. An alert would have to go out to all that has read the post already to make it completely effective. I read every page of threads im interested in but rarely go back and read again. Maybe just adding to your own post without the option to edit later and an alert flying to all that has posted or watched the thread? Except pictures lol i wouldnt bug millard so much if i could remove some of them on my own lol

I second this. He is on top of things always. Post should stay, and millard is very good about removing critical data especially when asked.

i was unaware of this! is this something that can be done? i think that would be the best way to handle this then, have a complied list on the 1st page and is constantly updated

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, it is a challenge to compile/condense the information from a 25+ page thread or worse yet several 25+ page threads! I think summary threads like @weighted chinup's is the best solution. (And summary rebuttal threads as well.)

I can see how the ability to edit could be beneficial. But I'm hesitant to see any posts edited in such circumstances because it unfairly alters the context for the ensuing discussion. Responses were based on the original post and not the edited post. Sometimes this has important ramifications. (This is the basis of the 15-minute edit restriction.)

For example, perhaps respondents would have replied differently to the edited post. It may be unfair (and possibly misleading) for subsequent readers of the thread to think those replies were in response the edited post.

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, it is a challenge to compile/condense the information from a 25+ page thread or worse yet several 25+ page threads!

I can see how the ability to edit could be beneficial. But I'm hesitant to see any posts edited in such circumstances because it unfairly alters the context for the ensuing discussion. Responses were based on the original post and not the edited post. Sometimes this has important ramifications.

Perhaps respondents would have replied differently to the edited post. It may not be fair (and possibly misleading) for subsequent readers of the thread to think those replies were in response the edited post.

@xgunx yes i see your points, i do like the current format of being unable to edit posts after awhile, dont get me wrong. im just pointing out a potential disadvantage, there will never be a system that can address all problems, but i still think it is useful to point out certain disadvantages of one system versus another. again, i like the current system of posting but it does have it's flaws as well.

@xgunx yes i see your points, i do like the current format of being unable to edit posts after awhile, dont get me wrong. im just pointing out a potential disadvantage, there will never be a system that can address all problems, but i still think it is useful to point out certain disadvantages of one system versus another. again, i like the current system of posting but it does have it's flaws as well.
I welcome it. MESO's approach has its advantages and disadvantages. It's all good for discussion!

Sometimes i picture millard sitting back in a room with a different monitor on every thread.
e9994532be07c233a3d60dc951bc43b1.jpg