First VAR cycle

I will look into those. I have these other rubber ones that are marked as “heavy”. I use them for leg extensions and a sort of modified leg press but I have grown out of them so to speak. I need something with more resistance as I am having to stack up more bands. Thanks!
Definitely! Honestly her and me just watched a few "grow your booty" type videos on YouTube and a lot of them are centered around band work since it isolates the glutes to intensely, so we picked out some exercises for her. This is what she does:

Circuit: 2-3 timesReps
Seated Abduction15
Goblet Squats w/ Bands20
2 Squats + 3 Squat Pulse8
2 Squats + 5 Squat Pulse8
Donkey Kicks15
Glute Bridges15
Straight Leg Raises15

The squat/squat pulse is 2 full Squats then a little minor squat at the bottom of the rep. It really gets the glutes burning.

Now, I am not trying to imply you need to grow your booty haha. You have a nice booty and are making amazing progress! It just came to mind after you mentioned the knee problems, but it seems like those have subsided, which is awesome! Regardless the bands are cheap, high quality and handy to have it you ever are feeling like it's acting up and you're sore and "kneed" to give it a break (bad joke, sorry lol)

Edit: also, for the squat/squat pulse, 1 rep is the entire 2 Squats + 3 or 5 squat pulses. So it's like 16 Squats and 24 or 40 squat pulses total with the b ands on the whole time. As I said, this is pretty brutal. After Barbell squats and leg extensions too.

@ForYourEyesOnly Glad to hear you're still doing well! Idk why but this thread has not shown up for me despite recent posts which is weird. I assumed you werent on meso anymore, but I am happy to have been wrong about that. Your pics are looking great :) keep up the solid work!!
I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't post anymore pics and frankly I wouldn't blame her if she didn't

Definitely! Honestly her and me just watched a few "grow your booty" type videos on YouTube and a lot of them are centered around band work since it isolates the glutes to intensely, so we picked out some exercises for her. This is what she does:

Circuit: 2-3 timesReps
Seated Abduction15
Goblet Squats w/ Bands20
2 Squats + 3 Squat Pulse8
2 Squats + 5 Squat Pulse8
Donkey Kicks15
Glute Bridges15
Straight Leg Raises15

The squat/squat pulse is 2 full Squats then a little minor squat at the bottom of the rep. It really gets the glutes burning.

Now, I am not trying to imply you need to grow your booty haha. You have a nice booty and are making amazing progress! It just came to mind after you mentioned the knee problems, but it seems like those have subsided, which is awesome! Regardless the bands are cheap, high quality and handy to have it you ever are feeling like it's acting up and you're sore and "kneed" to give it a break (bad joke, sorry lol)

Edit: also, for the squat/squat pulse, 1 rep is the entire 2 Squats + 3 or 5 squat pulses. So it's like 16 Squats and 24 or 40 squat pulses total with the b ands on the whole time. As I said, this is pretty brutal. After Barbell squats and leg extensions too.
That sounds like a killer little booty workout and I am always trying to grow and tone it more, thanks again. This is the reason I have stayed. The feedback has been great and has really helped believe it or not. I might even add this little circuit to my third leg day this week.

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't post anymore pics and frankly I wouldn't blame her if she didn't
Thats okay. I know that one guys comments seem to have been way out of line. It seems like he learned his lesson, but there's always some idiot that will be insensitive and make people uncomfortable. It's obvious that she is serious about physical improvement and being her best. Staying on here despite the bullshit, combined with her progress shows some dedication and definitely earns respect from me. I'm glad that I've been able to play some small role role in helping her out and I hope that she is never the type to let some dumb guy's comments bring her down or make her feel bad/uncomfortable especially on the internet where most people are at their worst. There's always the ignore button so you don't see someone anymore if they make creepy or gross or mean comments. Be strong, mystery girl! Your work is obviously paying off and will continue to do so. We are all rooting for you!!

@ForYourEyesOnly

Hey! I have been reading this thread as I'm a female doing my first var/win cycle. I will just be starting week 4 tomorrow and saw you were dealing with cramps and wanted to chime in. Around week 2, I bent down to pick something up off the floor and my back spasmed and completely took me out. Felt like the muscles in my lower right back had rippled up and got stuck underneath my ribs. I've had back issues for the last decade that started during my Air Force enlistment, so this is not the first time this has happened. BUT when this happens, I usually end up going to Urgent Care or the ER for a toradol shot because the pain is excruciating. Then it takes a few months of pain medication, ice/heat, and physical therapy/stretching, massage and tens unit therapy for me to fully recover.
Anyway, the following day, my husband booked an appointment for me with a D.O. specializing in Osteopathic Manipulation. I was lucky enough to be seen that day because they had a cancellation. The doctor performed "dry needling" which is different from acupuncture in that they target the muscles. Immediately after, I was able to walk around and move without any pain!! It took it out almost completely. The next day, I had a bit of tightness while sitting, but that was about it. I stretched a lot but was back to my normal lifting routine within a few days. I highly recommend this for anyone experiencing any muscle cramping or tightness anywhere in the body!

I’ve had a lot of dry needling done and I love it.

@Cab2017 I thought (assumed) dry needling was the same as acupuncture. What’s the difference?
Dry needling is a stimulation of the tight or spasmed muscle to try and help the muscle relax. Acupuncture is a stimulation of channels and pathways to try and help the bodies healing process. There designed to do slightly different things. l do dry needling on my wife now and then when she has tight or spasmed muscles, it works well.

I’ve had a lot of dry needling done and I love it.

@Cab2017 I thought (assumed) dry needling was the same as acupuncture. What’s the difference?

I thought they were the same thing too but the doctor clarified things for me. Dry needling is done to release knots and pressure in the muscle. The way it was explained to me was the dry needling stimulates it, which helps distract the muscle from locking up so it then returns back to its normal function. If it's tense, it's because the muscle thinks something is wrong with the back or spine, and tenses up to protect it. I jumped up a few times because the needle had hit an incredibly tight spot or a trigger point. The muscle had essentially gripped the needle so when the doctor pulled them out, they were bent at a 90 degree angle - that's how tense the muscle was. Pretty crazy!

I mentioned jumping up because acupuncture does not/should not hurt. It is supposed to release endorphins and follows the "channel theory" practiced in Chinese medicine. It is supposed to help with the flow of energy or chi.

I thought they were the same thing too but the doctor clarified things for me. Dry needling is done to release knots and pressure in the muscle. The way it was explained to me was the dry needling stimulates it, which helps distract the muscle from locking up so it then returns back to its normal function. If it's tense, it's because the muscle thinks something is wrong with the back or spine, and tenses up to protect it. I jumped up a few times because the needle had hit an incredibly tight spot or a trigger point. The muscle had essentially gripped the needle so when the doctor pulled them out, they were bent at a 90 degree angle - that's how tense the muscle was. Pretty crazy!

I mentioned jumping up because acupuncture does not/should not hurt. It is supposed to release endorphins and follows the "channel theory" practiced in Chinese medicine. It is supposed to help with the flow of energy or chi.
Sorry about that l didn't mean to steal your thunder:)

Last edited:
@ForYourEyesOnly

Hey! I have been reading this thread as I'm a female doing my first var/win cycle. I will just be starting week 4 tomorrow and saw you were dealing with cramps and wanted to chime in. Around week 2, I bent down to pick something up off the floor and my back spasmed and completely took me out. Felt like the muscles in my lower right back had rippled up and got stuck underneath my ribs. I've had back issues for the last decade that started during my Air Force enlistment, so this is not the first time this has happened. BUT when this happens, I usually end up going to Urgent Care or the ER for a toradol shot because the pain is excruciating. Then it takes a few months of pain medication, ice/heat, and physical therapy/stretching, massage and tens unit therapy for me to fully recover.
Anyway, the following day, my husband booked an appointment for me with a D.O. specializing in Osteopathic Manipulation. I was lucky enough to be seen that day because they had a cancellation. The doctor performed "dry needling" which is different from acupuncture in that they target the muscles. Immediately after, I was able to walk around and move without any pain!! It took it out almost completely. The next day, I had a bit of tightness while sitting, but that was about it. I stretched a lot but was back to my normal lifting routine within a few days. I highly recommend this for anyone experiencing any muscle cramping or tightness anywhere in the body!
That’s wild. I thought about going to a chiropractor, but after I started taking the electrolyte supplement my tightness and spasms all but went away. Hope your cycle is going well!

That’s wild. I thought about going to a chiropractor, but after I started taking the electrolyte supplement my tightness and spasms all but went away. Hope your cycle is going well!
I personally don't like chiropractors--I won't get into all the reasons why, but I have never experienced any benefit (and actually have had pain get worse) from chiropractors cracking my back...

I would recommend a good massage, some trigger point therapy, and an epsom salt bath. If you don't have a foam roller, get one (get a white one first, the black ones are really hard and you need to work up to them or it'll hurt).

Clen can cause dehydration, so adding electrolytes IMO is a great idea.

I've had dry needling too and I liked it. It is also always covered by insurance in my experience. Whereas chiropractors sometimes aren't.

The one time I did go to a chiropractor was years ago, but they actually didn't crack my back which I thought was strange. It was actually a massage where they intensely massaged the muscles between my spine to relieve pressure from neck. She explained what she was going to do and after two sessions my neck was not tight at all. I do remember that massage hurting like nothing I have ever experienced. She dug her elbows into those muscles for about an hour.

The one time I did go to a chiropractor was years ago, but they actually didn't crack my back which I thought was strange. It was actually a massage where they intensely massaged the muscles between my spine to relieve pressure from neck. She explained what she was going to do and after two sessions my neck was not tight at all. I do remember that massage hurting like nothing I have ever experienced. She dug her elbows into those muscles for about an hour.
I went to a chiropractor once, I had moderate to severe back pain in my right lower back. It happened doing a deadlift about 18 months prior and the pain got REALLY bad in the weeks leading up to me going to the chiro. He told me he wasn't going to start cracking my back on my first visit and instead wanted to do some stretching.

He showed me some stretches and did some dry needling in the muscle that was hurting, After 18 months, the back pain disappeared that day. It has been about 8 months since then and I have had no issues with that spot in my back

That's not my only experience with dry needling, but it is the most profound experience.

Yeah that sounds like a trigger point therapy. I had a PT Doc teach me how to fix trigger points and yeah it hurts when you're doing it then the muscle is almost magically fixed afterwards! It's pretty incredible!

I'm glad to hear that! Are you supplementing with something that has electrolytes in it like a BCAA or creatine powder, or just by itself?
I've been drinking coconut water and pineapple juice after weight training. I enjoy the tropical taste during the summer but drinking a glass of it right after a big BCAA drink feels like a task for me when I'm exhausted.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear that! Are you supplementing with something that has electrolytes in it like a BCAA or creatine powder, or just by itself?
I've been drinking coconut water and pineapple juice after weight training. I enjoy the tropical taste during the summer but drinking a glass of it right after a big BCAA drink feels like a task for me when I'm exhausted.

I take EAA’s during my workouts and I mix my creatine with my post workout protein shake. I have tried the coconut water on the days that my cramping was real bad and it worked. I believe the salbutamol is the culprit as with the Anavar alone I had no issues. The only thing I really want to stop taking is the vitamin B5. It has dried my skin and hair up so much, but the alternative is possibly bad acne from the Anavar.

I take EAA’s during my workouts and I mix my creatine with my post workout protein shake. I have tried the coconut water on the days that my cramping was real bad and it worked. I believe the salbutamol is the culprit as with the Anavar alone I had no issues. The only thing I really want to stop taking is the vitamin B5. It has dried my skin and hair up so much, but the alternative is possibly bad acne from the Anavar.
I started getting a few pimples right near my nose the beginning of my 4th week after bumping up my anavar dose to 25mg. I'll have to give B5 a shot. Thank you for the tip!!

I started getting a few pimples right near my nose the beginning of my 4th week after bumping up my anavar dose to 25mg. I'll have to give B5 a shot. Thank you for the tip!!
25mg wow! How do you feel on 25mg? I’m guessing this isn’t your first time on Anavar? I know my BF isn’t low enough yet to see any abs but my core is feeling tighter and I feel a baby abdominal trying to peek.

Attachments

• DCD11DC9-C1E1-444C-BB75-8F94E6392BED.jpeg
    DCD11DC9-C1E1-444C-BB75-8F94E6392BED.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 46
I personally don't like chiropractors--I won't get into all the reasons why, but I have never experienced any benefit (and actually have had pain get worse) from chiropractors cracking my back...

I would recommend a good massage, some trigger point therapy, and an epsom salt bath. If you don't have a foam roller, get one (get a white one first, the black ones are really hard and you need to work up to them or it'll hurt).

Clen can cause dehydration, so adding electrolytes IMO is a great idea.

I've had dry needling too and I liked it. It is also always covered by insurance in my experience. Whereas chiropractors sometimes aren't.
l agree with you to a certain extent on chiropractors, you have good chiro's and bad chiro's. Any chiro that wants to manipulate and pull you all over the place without any stretching or muscle release techniques is not a properly educated chiro and should be avoided at all costs. A good chiro will always do some form of stretching or muscle release before he even attempts to manipulate and in a lot of cases manipulation is not even needed. Manipulation is really only needed to open up and decompress joints when nerves are involved. Most of the time stretching techniques that are properly executed with some form of muscle release, like dry needling will resolve most issues. l used to see a chiro regularly and still had chronic back troubles. lt wasn't till l became friends with a good ortho who taught me how to stretch properly and dry needle that l finally got my back right. l haven't had to see anyone for my back for 10+ years. My wife is happy to because she gets her stretching and dry needling done for nothing. Pity l cant fix my screwed shoulder. l agree with you on the foam roller, they are great. Also the hard plastic spikey balls can be useful to and cost next to nothing.

Last edited:
Back