Has anyone actually harmed their heart / kidneys from steroids in spite of having good BP and blood work?

My kidneys were always perfect despite being obese for a decade and drinking quite much alcohol. Last year i started gear for the first time, this year in February i did a Test+Primo for 11 weeks and added anavar for another 7 weeks, so 18 weeks total.

Just a week before finishing my cycle and return to cruise i started experiencing some discomfort in my kidneys, an acute pain. This thing continued for 3-4 weeks, it happened mostly in from the time i woke up until i return home to eat breakfast after morning cardio. It was like acute lil stabs in the back.

I started searching and realised it happens frequently and it's coming from the anavar. I found some post here in meso of some guys saying they had to drop the anavar due to kidney pain. I did bloodwork and it came back stellar. While running the cycle i had liver and lipid protection but not kidney protection. I just took some astragalus powder from nutricost and honestly i doubt i'll be use anavar again in the future. It would be better to take an oral that screw up a little your liver than like anadrol for example than messing up with your kidneys.
How certain are you that the folks posting, that you are reading, know what they are talking about when it comes to anavar and kidneys?

How certain are you that the folks posting, that you are reading, know what they are talking about when it comes to anavar and kidneys?

Not so much, but this comes in hand with my personal experience and tend to agree with that. If i'm not mistaken one guy said he "used" to experience kidney pain when passing a certain dose, and that means is something that happened more than once. Makes a case.

Just a quick search..

im cruising on 100mg ed of anavar until i start my pct. been on about 2 weeks now and my lower back is killing me. im starting to think it might be my kidneys. i didnt have any orals during my cycle except var, i was just running sust at 750mg ew.

whats up do you think? should i get off the var?

im currently taking var only 80mg.. seems fine noticed very very little effect on anything. been 3 weeks but my friend is doing the same thing but 100mg... he said for the past week hes been in like pain in his kidneys pissing alot to? any thing to specify on this ? i Know vars not that big of a deal.. kinda got me concerned this even being my first cycle of anything...

also 8 weeks?
then 4 weeks of PCT clomid how many mg for 4 weeks.. ? thanks..

i was experimenting with anavar and I didnt notice anything until after about a week, I had to stop taking it tho im on too much think I need to give my kidneys a break they were hurting lol. if ur comparing it to the kind of strength as dbol preworkout not even close. dbol you will get insane strength mental drive and pump increase first time you take it

I usually get kidney pain over 60mg, so I stay there and keep dandelion root and astragalus close. Extra electrolytes helps too.

i did a bit of a kitchen sink end of blast for my high test run, was already running test at 1.5g for 6 months... did var at 60mg for 2 months and 2 last weeks dbol and winstrol at 40mg each (4g of NAC to save me organs)

stopped due to kidney pain, anavar caused... cleared for a week and pain went away, treated with some nimesulide the crises

honestly, I love high test, I plan to stay on at least 500mg/w as cruise and at least 1000mg as blast... I just found my sweet spot of 1mg adex for every 250mg of test and no side effects with that ancillary alone

My kidneys were always perfect despite being obese for a decade and drinking quite much alcohol. Last year i started gear for the first time, this year in February i did a Test+Primo for 11 weeks and added anavar for another 7 weeks, so 18 weeks total.

Just a week before finishing my cycle and return to cruise i started experiencing some discomfort in my kidneys, an acute pain. This thing continued for 3-4 weeks, it happened mostly in from the time i woke up until i return home to eat breakfast after morning cardio. It was like acute lil stabs in the back.

I started searching and realised it happens frequently and it's coming from the anavar. I found some post here in meso of some guys saying they had to drop the anavar due to kidney pain. I did bloodwork and it came back stellar. While running the cycle i had liver and lipid protection but not kidney protection. I just took some astragalus powder from nutricost and honestly i doubt i'll be use anavar again in the future. It would be better to take an oral that screw up a little your liver than like anadrol for example than messing up with your kidneys.
That’s interesting, good to know!
Glad you figured it out for yourself. Could’ve gotten real bad!

My heart has already grown based on scans. It’s currently within a healthy and “normal” range for a heart but it did also make gains. On b&c for ~2.5 years.

I had blood work that is very good the majority of the time. Blood pressure is almost always under 125. Right now it is 113/73 with 63BPM. Only had one time when I checked while on tren and halo for a PL meet that my liver values were very bad.

Definitely some ventricular heart remodeling from the GH. Studys show that even 4 weeks of superphysiological doses can cause changes.

Do I still use gh anyways? Yes

"Low-dose GH did not significantly affect echocardiographic parameters. In contrast, high-dose GH increased left ventricular mass index by 12% (P < 0.05). The type of growth response was concentric, because left ventricular wall thickness but not diameter increased, leading to a 10% increase of relative wall thickness. These structural changes were associated with functional changes, including a significant increase in cardiac index and a decrease in peripheral vascular resistance; diastolic function was not altered. Fractional shortening and systemic blood pressure were unchanged in the two treatment groups.

In conclusion, administration of GH for 4 wk at doses that simulate GH abuse in sport caused a high cardiac output state associated with concentric left ventricular remodeling."
Have you tried converting those doses to IU? I think 1 mg of HGH = 3 IU? So for a 200 lb man, the low dose was 8 IU and the high dose was 16 IU. Please correct me if my calculations are off, but if anything, this would suggest that a majority of GH users are not likely to develop LVH, at least not within the 4 week period studied.
I had to re-do my math several times because I couldn’t believe the “low dose” was 8iu per day.

Important caveat is the study subjects didn’t use steroids with the HGH. The combo has shown to grow the heart at much lower doses than 8iu, unfortunately.

Still, lots of guys have done it without serious issues, so who knows.

What was your cystatin-c?

And I beg everyone to please stop using creatinine for any measure of kidney function. Unless you take a week off from lifting, t's a worthless lab value.

Finally, calculate your e-gfr using your BODYWEIGHT and cystatin-c.
0.94 mg/L and the range of my labs goes from 0.56 to 0.96

Just a quick search..
I'm wondering if some of the reports are maybe confusing lower back pumps for kidney pain.

Like the guy who said:
"im cruising on 100mg ed of anavar until i start my pct. been on about 2 weeks now and my lower back is killing me. im starting to think it might be my kidneys."

1) cruising on 100mg var--w0t?
2) I've always found var over 50mg leads to wicked lower back pumps ; 100mg var is a lot ; That absolutely will have your lower back on fire

The more acute stabbing pain you mentioned in your post sounds more like a kidney issue though, and there could be a lot of reasons for this beyond just the anavar. Atleast your bloodwork came back good though

I'm not saying those posters are wrong either. I do believe they actually experienced what they said they experienced, but I also believe there are a LOT of factors that go into kidney health, and it might be a bit premature to jump the gun on the assumption that var = kidney problems, especially when other compounds and variables are in the mix ; I've used var quite a lot and never experienced anything like this, aside from the lower back pumps and calf pumps and occasional shin splint type pumps

I'm wondering if some of the reports are maybe confusing lower back pumps for kidney pain.

Like the guy who said:
"im cruising on 100mg ed of anavar until i start my pct. been on about 2 weeks now and my lower back is killing me. im starting to think it might be my kidneys."

1) cruising on 100mg var--w0t?
2) I've always found var over 50mg leads to wicked lower back pumps ; 100mg var is a lot ; That absolutely will have your lower back on fire

The more acute stabbing pain you mentioned in your post sounds more like a kidney issue though, and there could be a lot of reasons for this beyond just the anavar. Atleast your bloodwork came back good though

I'm not saying those posters are wrong either. I do believe they actually experienced what they said they experienced, but I also believe there are a LOT of factors that go into kidney health, and it might be a bit premature to jump the gun on the assumption that var = kidney problems, especially when other compounds and variables are in the mix ; I've used var quite a lot and never experienced anything like this, aside from the lower back pumps and calf pumps and occasional shin splint type pumps

I guess anyone who's in the gym for sometime can understand the difference between pump and pain. Also, 100mg var is not uncommon..take a look in the forum and you'll find guys running 100mg superdrol with 100mg winstrol, others run 200mg winstrol, another guy run 50mg var, 50mg tbol, 50mg winstrol. Is it too much? Probably, but not uncommon. Personally with 40mg Var i had slightly worse pumps than after a high carb meal, it didn't do much to me..and it was tested slightly overdosed.

Is anavar the safest oral? Probably. Is it safe to everyone? Definitely not. I'm not saying that is a toxic compound, they used to treat burnt victims including children with anavar, but in the same time they in the medical field there are doctors pushing to get jabbed for corona and they give you antibiotics for a simple fever. Statins have helped so much people but they also wrecked many. We have at least 2 cases here on the forum with rhabdo from statins while others use them daily without any sides. So i don't believe that anavar is SO safe to the point it can't induce some kind of problems and it seems the kidney issues are somewhat common.

After the latest shitstorm with "pinnacle elements" dude i guess most here know him. I searched back to see what exactly he was running and what lead him to the verge of kidney failure when he ended up hospitalised and in dialysis and all of a sudden some familiar keywords. Must be a coincidence, right?

I was runnning:

250:250:250
Test : Primo : Mast
5iu rHGH

I was also using Anavar. I’d highly recommmed against that compound as it seems to affect kidneys harshly.

Chase irons recently got a full torso MRI scan, his heart was within range, wasn't even enlarged to an athletes size despite using gear for more than a decade, including hgh for years, and most recently 18U of serostim for months and 3g of test.
You can’t get a full torso MRI and have intricate details of the heart…you would be on fire if they tested and looked at every single organ in the torso to get the detailed images they need.

It’s shocking at how little ppl know about the heart.
Now you need a cardiac mri that in itself takes over an hour to complete.
Then it has to be assessed and a report written .
Could you imagine the whole group of the bodies complex systems to note in a whole body MRI?
It would happen .
Now I have taken gh and had an MRI before and then after cessation .(roughly 3 months)
My heart grew significantly just from 2iu of pharma a day. So my cardiologist opted against continued growth hormone therapy and that was fine with me.
I am a cardiac patient , have had open heart surgery also and know a great deal about heart failure and the heart in general.
My heart was definitely left worse off after stopping gh therapy.
Again this could be my genetics and also could have to do with an interaction with some of my cardiac medication there are alot of factors to think about.

You can’t get a full torso MRI and have intricate details of the heart…you would be on fire if they tested and looked at every single organ in the torso to get the detailed images they need.

It’s shocking at how little ppl know about the heart.
Now you need a cardiac mri that in itself takes over an hour to complete.
Then it has to be assessed and a report written .
Could you imagine the whole group of the bodies complex systems to note in a whole body MRI?
It would happen .
Now I have taken gh and had an MRI before and then after cessation .(roughly 3 months)
My heart grew significantly just from 2iu of pharma a day. So my cardiologist opted against continued growth hormone therapy and that was fine with me.
I am a cardiac patient , have had open heart surgery also and know a great deal about heart failure and the heart in general.
My heart was definitely left worse off after stopping gh therapy.
Again this could be my genetics and also could have to do with an interaction with some of my cardiac medication there are alot of factors to think about.
watch his vids bro