LABMAX - What does it really test?

Here it is in case you cannot find it:

https://thinksteroids.com/articles/labmax-steroid-identification-test-kits/
Labmax Test Kits for the Identification of Anabolic Steroids

April 13, 2015 By Bill Roberts Leave a Comment

Q: “What do you think of the Labmax anabolic steroid test kits? Can I really trust the results?”

A: I have not used these test kits myself but from knowledge of analytical chemistry and information that is available about them, I can give you some further information.

These are colorimetric tests, where some rather general chemical reactions occur, such as reactions with conjugated double bonds, which are hardly unique to anabolic steroids let alone to any particular anabolic steroid. As between two or more test vials a number of different combinations of reactions can occur and to differing extents, different patterns of color can be produced.

Such testing is always what’s called presumptive rather than conclusive. It can give a reason to think a given substance may be present, or may not be present. It will never prove the point.

MMC International appears to be the company that actually produces the kit. They appear to be a legitimate supplier of various testing kits to law enforcement in Europe. However, this particular kit very clearly is marketed by them to steroid users not to government. Further the kit is not listed under the National Institute of Justice Standard 0604.01. This is inconsistent with it being used much if at all by law enforcement or Customs in the US. Now in and of itself that would not be a problem, but a person could easily get the idea from the brochure that this kit has government acceptance.

If anyone knows of evidence to the contrary regarding official use, I’d appreciate if they let MESO-Rx know.

Aside from the general fact that tests of this type are only ever presumptive, the color chart gives further reason to be doubtful. For most esterified steroids, they report the results only in oil solution. But for example with testosterone propionate as powder, there’s no color change for either Test A or Test B, buttestosterone propionate provided in oil solution is reported to give olive green for A and yellow for B. Why a different result than when supplied as powder?

The steroid is the same. That’s not the reason. Rather, the chemical properties of the particular carrier used must have provided the color change, for example by reaction with double bonds in fatty acids of the oil.

Another example would be the result with testosterone enanthate. There’s no chemical reason why in any colorimetric test testosterone enanthate would react differently than testosterone propionate. But here, they obtained a completely different color result than with the enanthate. This would be from the carrier being different.

Now what if the carrier used in your product was different than in the product they tested? Perhaps your supplier used ethyl oleate while their product happened to use, say, sesame oil. Or your supplier used different amounts of benzyl alcohol or benzyl benzoate than their product used.

The test might well then produce a different color pattern than what their chart says.

Until the company shows the test to be validated regardless of carrier, which I don’t think can happen for a colorimetric test, I would highly question it for UG oil preparations, as they can legitimately use varying carriers. However, a given pharmaceutical brand should perform consistently, though quite possibly differently from their chart.

It may be useful for powders, but they list results from very few powders.

For tablets, I’d be concerned about excipients affecting the outcome.

I'll still LM and a pure fail is going in the trash.

You have been informed of fallacious Labmax is and will still rely on it? That's fine, I won't argue with you using it. At least you have been informed that it is garbage and the choice to still use it is fine. Highly questionable for why a person would do so but go for it!

You have been informed of fallacious Labmax is and will still rely on it? That's fine, I won't argue with you using it. At least you have been informed that it is garbage and the choice to still use it is fine. Highly questionable for why a person would do so but go for it!
Yep because it's what I have. My health is more important than money that gear costs. I will continue to assume that if it can't pass a LM its a fail. I really don't care what others do that's there choice.

Yep because it's what I have. My health is more important than money that gear costs. I will continue to assume that if it can't pass a LM its a fail. I really don't care what others do that's there choice.

Lol I guess you didn't read the article. Good luck to you.

I think I'm going to start my own lab with oil, bb, and ba which apparently turns LM different colors which is the only thing bros care about. I'll be untouchable by LE because I won't use hormones which LM can't detect according to the article.

For only $20 too see if a certain compond is even present is worth it IMO considering what I spend a year on freaking gear :)

For only $20 too see if a certain compond is even present is worth it IMO considering what I spend a year on freaking gear :)

sworden is pushing bunk gear and he is using every argument to discourage people from testing.

next time he will be proving that HPLC is unreliable, I am surprised that people are still talking to this idiot, this is what every troll wants to keep the attention on.

sworden is pushing bunk gear and he is using every argument to discourage people from testing.

next time he will be proving that HPLC is unreliable, I am surprised that people are still talking to this idiot, this is what every troll wants to keep the attention on.

Oh really? What lab am I again? Mercury, you respond like this because obviously Labmax is shit. Bill Roberts even posted an article on this and you continue to just use personal attack towards me in a thread about labmax?
Maybe Bill Roberts is pushing bunk gear too? Lol

I think I'm going to start my own lab with oil, bb, and ba which apparently turns LM different colors which is the only thing bros care about. I'll be untouchable by LE because I won't use hormones which LM can't detect according to the article.

You wouldn't be untouchable by LE. Federal law and many state laws make it illegal to sell fake drugs.

Problem with this is that it WILL NOT, with any reasonable consistency tell you even that. Clearly this "test" is completely hit or miss when it comes to identifying any specific compound. The more I have looked at LM the less reliable I felt it was. Now we have had a very knowledgeable individual with absolutely no agenda in the person of Bill Roberts weigh in. The verdict is that the test is virtually worthless. Continued attempts at misinformation regarding LM's capabilities on this board can expect to be met with ongoing and increasingly harsh criticism. The only way I can see anyone still standing behind LM would be if they have either their reputation or their wallet on the line.

You wouldn't be untouchable by LE. Federal law and many state laws make it illegal to sell fake drugs.

True. But this is likely only to be applied to those selling fake pharma products, either directly to individuals or to retailers. Besides, a negative test for any illegal substance on seized goods would turn 99.99% of all prosecutors away from pursuing the case.

True. But this is likely only to be applied to those selling fake pharma products, either directly to individuals or to retailers. Besides, a negative test for any illegal substance on seized goods would turn 99.99% of all prosecutors away from pursuing the case.

Not at all. Selling any fake drug, pharma or not, puts you at risk. This applies to recs as well. If you try to sell someone baking soda and flour and pass it off as coke you can be charged and arrested with criminal fraud among other things.

There are many cases where people were arrested and charged for selling fake drugs. Prosecutors do not shy away from these cases.

Not at all. Selling any fake drug, pharma or not, puts you at risk. This applies to recs as well. If you try to sell someone baking soda and flour and pass it off as coke you can be charged and arrested with criminal fraud among other things.

There are many cases where people were arrested and charged for selling fake drugs. Prosecutors do not shy away from these cases.

I can just see the arresting officer in court saying how he made a buy from the defendant and that the alleged substance turned out to be baking soda. The jury would laugh him and the prosecution out of the courtroom. Any half-assed attorney would make them look foolish. LE hate looking foolish - with a passion. Some prosecutors may go after such cases but only under certain circumstances. They are just not going to be as easy to get a conviction nor will the punishment be as harsh if they do.

Either way, LabMax is not worth the vials they are selling these tests in. Spread the word so that our brothers can be properly informed.

What does Bill Roberts mean when its hit or miss then? Sounds like it's still got some use...as well I'm curious to why a certain Ug thats been blowing up here lately backs the posting of LM results to their products if this test is bunk? Confusing and I guess still debatable IMO

What does Bill Roberts mean when its hit or miss then? Sounds like it's still got some use...as well I'm curious to why a certain Ug thats been blowing up here lately backs the posting of LM results to their products if this test is bunk? Confusing and I guess still debatable IMO

What uses do you think he is saying LM may have? Seems pretty clear Bill believes the test to be faulty at best if not completely inadmissible. The only thing he concedes is that test results should be consistent on a pharmaceutical brand's product but this doesn't even imply that the hormone is present and being detected but that because pharmaceutical products should not have any variance between two items they should perform the same. This MAY carry over to buying pharm grade from blackmarket sources but there is still the chance that it is a fake as the source may have discovered the formula in which to produce the same results on LM as the real product.

I can just see the arresting officer in court saying how he made a buy from the defendant and that the alleged substance turned out to be baking soda. The jury would laugh him and the prosecution out of the courtroom. Any half-assed attorney would make them look foolish. LE hate looking foolish - with a passion. Some prosecutors may go after such cases but only under certain circumstances. They are just not going to be as easy to get a conviction nor will the punishment be as harsh if they do.

Either way, LabMax is not worth the vials they are selling these tests in. Spread the word so that our brothers can be properly informed.

MAN CONVICTED OF CRIMINAL FRAUD FOR ATTEMPT TO SELL FAKE LSD
After following undercover agents to a hotel parking lot, a Missoula, Montana, man attempted to sell them a sheet of paper that he claimed was “blotter acid.” Even though the paper tested negative for LSD, the man was charged with criminal fraud and faced a five-year prison sentence and a fine of $50,000.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...ense/drug-charges/jail-selling-fake-drugs.htm

MAN CONVICTED OF CRIMINAL FRAUD FOR ATTEMPT TO SELL FAKE LSD
After following undercover agents to a hotel parking lot, a Missoula, Montana, man attempted to sell them a sheet of paper that he claimed was “blotter acid.” Even though the paper tested negative for LSD, the man was charged with criminal fraud and faced a five-year prison sentence and a fine of $50,000.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/legal-advice/criminal-defense/drug-charges/jail-selling-fake-drugs.htm[/QUOTE (http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/legal-advice/criminal-defense/drug-charges/jail-selling-fake-drugs.htm)

this exactly how labamx works, it is explained on their web site, there is no misleading information.

those idots buy $5 test tube and expect it to be HPLC, you want more then go to lab and pay $200 for analysis

it is pointless to argue with those guys because they have been exposed many times with simple labmax test that they sell corn oil

I do not know what people like sworder and bunch of other idiots try to achieve except to discourage people form testing their bunk gear.

and who the fuck is some Bill ?

this exactly how labamx works, it is explained on their web site, there is no misleading information.

those idots buy $5 test tube and expect it to be HPLC, you want more then go to lab and pay $200 for analysis

it is pointless to argue with those guys because they have been exposed many times with simple labmax test that they sell corn oil

I do not know what people like sworder and bunch of other idiots try to achieve except to discourage people form testing their bunk gear.

and who the fuck is some Bill ?

I personally will never use labmax. It's a waste IMO.