Perrin Aybara's Journey to an Elite Powerlifting Total

2016-03-10 22.34.48.png

Weight was 220lbs
Used +20 for three sets of pull ups, then bodyweight
Just bodyweight on the hypers
Also rode my new bike to and from the gym in place of using the stationary bicycle.

This session was actually tough with the deadlift volume. I was beat at the end and that's the reason for just going bodyweight at the end. Also had to use straps for the last two sets of box deadlifts and the pull ups. My hands are in bad shape right now and it was getting unbearable.

Also used the Voodoo Floss beforehand even though I wasn't squatting today. Found another use for them at that gym wrapping the bench for better grip. Some idiots broke all the bands except one at my gym doing what I'm sure was something stupid with them. For example it was tied on the preacher curl today, lol.

Also today was my first time doing deadlift with chains. I'm not sure I like it as much as bench with chains. Here's my second set with 440 + 54 in chains.

Those are some big ass chains....very impressive!!

Thanks. I weighed 'em the other day and they're 27lbs a piece. Not sure how much is actually leaving the ground, probably 20lbs each side. There's only 440lbs on the bar plus we'll say 40lbs, so only 480lbs at the top. Light enough to make it look easy anyway.

Thanks. I weighed 'em the other day and they're 27lbs a piece. Not sure how much is actually leaving the ground, probably 20lbs each side. There's only 440lbs on the bar plus we'll say 40lbs, so only 480lbs at the top. Light enough to make it look easy anyway.

Lol...ONLY 440!!

2016-03-10 22.33.59.png

Weight was 221lbs

Successful workout. I don't know that it's the Voodoo Floss yet, but no pain on squats. Used 45's for incline dumbbell flyes, 115 for lying triceps extensions and 155 for good mornings. Slipped some hammer curls in because my right elbow has been hurting a little. I think I'll swap out the triceps extensions for something else next time. Cardio was riding a bike to and from the gym.

I did a mini session at home when I got off work today. I did a few sets of side raises, rear delt flyes and some work with the Voodoo Floss. Nothing major, just fifteen minutes. I'm not sure how I'll handle this extra day, but I'm wanting to get in a few things.

All I've got at home is a bench, 300lbs of plates, an Olympic bar, two 15 dumbbells, one 50 dumbbell and a couple cheap adjustable dumbbells with various small plates. Eventually I'd like to get a small routine for home. Nothing major, likely just weak points, mobility, recovery, etc.

I'm also trying to work up the motivation to do a little extra cardio on some of my off days.

Throw in some dumbbell pullovers man. That 50 would probably be a good starting weight. Sets of 15 shoulders resting on bench ,neck/head over,feet out hold the db between a diamond grip, nice long stretch and get that money!!

Yeah you're probably right but if you're not used to doing em 50 is heavy-lol. I do em with 80-95lbs when I do em.

I had to stop doing them cuz i dont have a gym buddy since my dad moved and its just too big of a pain to get into positions, was only doing like 95-100lbs but still just too awkward getting settled and i dont wanna ask for a spot cuz that may end up making people think im interested in having a conversation hahah

I had to stop doing them cuz i dont have a gym buddy since my dad moved and its just too big of a pain to get into positions, was only doing like 95-100lbs but still just too awkward getting settled and i dont wanna ask for a spot cuz that may end up making people think im interested in having a conversation hahah
Yeah it gets awkward. I get it in my lap , pick it up and slide into position real quick and rest the db on my chest. Going too heavy is an easy way to hurt something lol.

Yeah it gets awkward. I get it in my lap , pick it up and slide into position real quick and rest the db on my chest. Going too heavy is an easy way to hurt something lol.

Yeah, id hate to end up with a hundo DB crushing my face or collapsing my chest cavity lol

I dropped an 80 and split my forehead open. Fuckin pissed me off. Didn't even lie when asked what happened by people - wore the shame like a man.

Car-di-o?

It's Latin for, "the art of losing gains."

Throw in some dumbbell pullovers man. That 50 would probably be a good starting weight. Sets of 15 shoulders resting on bench ,neck/head over,feet out hold the db between a diamond grip, nice long stretch and get that money!!

Pullovers are a great movemeny but i think 50lbs is gonna be waaaay too light for this guy.

It's been awhile, but I'm pretty sure 50 is going to be too light even for sets of 15. I bench on Tuesday and Thursday, so I can't get too carried away on Wednesday anyway.