Perrin Aybara's Journey to an Elite Powerlifting Total

Weight was 215lbs :eek:

First strongman day today. Did 145 for 3x8 strict press while waiting on my strongman buddy.

20160515_112445.jpg

Started with yoke carries. 580lbs for six sets of 50 feet.

20160515_115701.jpg

Then farmer's carries at 210lbs per side for five sets of 50 feet.

20160515_121335.jpg

Finished with 3x10 tire flips at 430lbs.

Then went inside and did 3x10 chin ups. Pretty fun workout to do something different.

@RodgerThat @TANGO.ECHO.KILO @Leancuisine

You all ever do any of these exercises? They're fun as hell.
just wait...you will be addicted.
strongman HIIT is great for cardio and you preserve strength and some mass. You got a log?

Most weigh competition weight which is 135 I think, but they come in other sizes and their i slight variance in the true wood ones. Strict is good for OHP but if you keep at it you will want to incorporate more with slight bend and even overload with some push press at the end to get your reps up. Neutral grip is the shit

wait till u try the stones man...they are the most fun except for maybe the keg toss or the one handed toss. I just love snatch though so it favors that movement.

we got a 1k tire that haunts me...one day

just wait...you will be addicted.
strongman HIIT is great for cardio and you preserve strength and some mass. You got a log?

Most weigh competition weight which is 135 I think, but they come in other sizes and their i slight variance in the true wood ones. Strict is good for OHP but if you keep at it you will want to incorporate more with slight bend and even overload with some push press at the end to get your reps up. Neutral grip is the shit

He has a neutral grip log, but he didn't bring it today. I believe his weighs 160-165lbs. I just did some standard barbell strict press. The guys dad is a metal worker and made all his equipment for him. He has stones and kegs and all that, too.

I'll be doing my normal training three days a week and doing whatever he does on Sundays. For the next six weeks or so. I'm eighteen weeks out from my next meet and my training will get more specific as I get closer. I did enjoy this stuff today and will almost surely pick it back up a little after the meet. I like the idea of more athletic training.

He also competes in the Highland Games.

wait till u try the stones man...they are the most fun except for maybe the keg toss or the one handed toss. I just love snatch though so it favors that movement.

we got a 1k tire that haunts me...one day
I've just bought a stones platform. .. But still don't have any stones.
Can't wait to give it a go! I've loved watching atlas stones since I was a little kid.

Ya I've done all those for sure love the strongman stuff just don't have any equipment for it anymore. I do farmers carries with 6G gas cans and I have a CAT loader tire at my dads place 520lb it's a bit heavy for me I wish I had a 400lb one and I can get them for free any day I want just need the space. Making me want to go find myself a field and break out the ghetto workouts again man

He has a neutral grip log, but he didn't bring it today. I believe his weighs 160-165lbs. I just did some standard barbell strict press. The guys dad is a metal worker and made all his equipment for him. He has stones and kegs and all that, too.

I'll be doing my normal training three days a week and doing whatever he does on Sundays. For the next six weeks or so. I'm eighteen weeks out from my next meet and my training will get more specific as I get closer. I did enjoy this stuff today and will almost surely pick it back up a little after the meet. I like the idea of more athletic training.

He also competes in the Highland Games.
do you know what events he does?

Ya I've done all those for sure love the strongman stuff just don't have any equipment for it anymore. I do farmers carries with 6G gas cans and I have a CAT loader tire at my dads place 520lb it's a bit heavy for me I wish I had a 400lb one and I can get them for free any day I want just need the space. Making me want to go find myself a field and break out the ghetto workouts again man

It was pretty fun. I think I did pretty well for having never done it before. My first set on the farmer carries I dropped twice, but once I got the hang of how to do it I was good.

you ever do any one arm snatch?
the circus DB clean+press is pretty cool, feels rewarding to hoist that fucker

He's got one of those, two. I think it's adjustable where you put plates inside it. I've fooled around doing them in the gym a few times. I don't think I ever did more than an 80 or maybe 100 dumbbell.

I'm down with whatever routine they're doing except deadlift because I do that on Saturday. I'm hoping it'll spark some new progress. I like the idea of actually applying strength to more than just lifting a barbell. I think there's going to be some good carryover.

He's got one of those, two. I think it's adjustable where you put plates inside it. I've fooled around doing them in the gym a few times. I don't think I ever did more than an 80 or maybe 100 dumbbell.

I'm down with whatever routine they're doing except deadlift because I do that on Saturday. I'm hoping it'll spark some new progress. I like the idea of actually applying strength to more than just lifting a barbell. I think there's going to be some good carryover.
my belief is the functional strength aspects of utilizing fullbody exercises with irregular objects will carryover some to weightroom exercises...but not the other direction.

500lb bench wont help you with anything in strongman
but the tire flip can help you increase a deadlift, likely by just recruiting other small stabilizers? The farmers walk helps build some strong ass traps and grip strength. Although it may not dramatically increase any of your lifts, strong traps, forearms, and grip certainly wont hurt lol

my belief is the functional strength aspects of utilizing fullbody exercises with irregular objects will carryover some to weightroom exercises...but not the other direction.

500lb bench wont help you with anything in strongman
but the tire flip can help you increase a deadlift, likely by just recruiting other small stabilizers? The farmers walk helps build some strong ass traps and grip strength. Although it may not dramatically increase any of your lifts, strong traps, forearms, and grip certainly wont hurt lol

That's what I'm hoping. It's much more enjoyable cardio than any bicycle or treadmill, too. I can tell I'm sore in some new places already.