Perrin Aybara's Journey to an Elite Powerlifting Total

Yes you have 405 in you for sure. I made it in 2016 @195. Need to hit 380+ next year @181 to be tops in the national rankings (currently at least). Fighting a pec tear for going on 6 months but it seems to be fully healed now.

Your squat is moving up nicely as well. 500 in wraps in 2017.

You're dropping a weight class? That's gonna be tough.

I've done 500+ in wraps at my last two meets. I'm hoping for 495 in sleeves here in a few months and hopefully 550+ in wraps at the meet this summer.

208lbs

Comp squat 420 6x2 (went a little too heavy and I still feel like shit from being sick all week)

Kettlebell swings 70 for 5x10

Hack squat 450x7, 500x7, 500x7, 500x7, 500x7

207lbs

Weighted chin up +45lbs for 3x10, bodyweight x15 and x10

Hamstring curls 270 for 5x10

Hammer curls 35's for 3x10

Plate shrugs 5x30

Adductors and abductors with bands 3x20 each way and each side

Forgot to weigh

Good morning 320x3, 285x3, 285x3, 285x3, 285x3

Slingshot bench 365 for 3x5 (decided to drop the heavy singles because I think it makes my weekly volume too low. Meant to do 5x5 today, but hit RPE 10 on the third set)

Single arm cable rows 70lbs for 5x10

Found out the buffalo bar I've been using actually weighs 50lbs rather than 60lbs, so everything I've believed for the last month or so has been a lie.

Oh I will, I'm just 10lbs less strong than I thought I was, lol.

I feel your pain. I remember when I switched gyms I wasn't used to the bumper plated and the first time I tried pulling 495 I ripped it up super easy. I later found out it was only 455 because someone left the 25lbs bumpers on instead of the 45's like the sign on the wall clearly stated to do. Lol. I then switched it to 495 and only got it up to my knees and couldn't finish it. Unfortunately I already text a couple people bragging about my new deadlift pr that I didn't actually hit. Lol

Forgot to weigh

Good morning 320x3, 285x3, 285x3, 285x3, 285x3

Slingshot bench 365 for 3x5 (decided to drop the heavy singles because I think it makes my weekly volume too low. Meant to do 5x5 today, but hit RPE 10 on the third set)

Single arm cable rows 70lbs for 5x10

Found out the buffalo bar I've been using actually weighs 50lbs rather than 60lbs, so everything I've believed for the last month or so has been a lie.

we have 2 buffalo bars at my gym, one is 60 and the other is 55. i wonder why there are so many variations of it? the duffalo is 57.

either way, youre saving your elbows/shoulders. so 10 pounds isnt that big of a deal. i know the feeling though. thats why i went through a weighed every bar i use at the gym. they used to be marked and eventually the front desk guy used tape and marked each bar as i weighed them.

we have 2 buffalo bars at my gym, one is 60 and the other is 55. i wonder why there are so many variations of it? the duffalo is 57.

either way, youre saving your elbows/shoulders. so 10 pounds isnt that big of a deal. i know the feeling though. thats why i went through a weighed every bar i use at the gym. they used to be marked and eventually the front desk guy used tape and marked each bar as i weighed them.

They really need to standardize them. I can understand some specialty bars needing to be heavier, but they should all be the same. There's a cambered bar there that's like 37.5lbs.

I don't care about the weight on good mornings, just that my squat PR is 425x3 rather than 435x3. It'll take a month or more to add ten pounds and get where I thought I was.

I feel your pain. I remember when I switched gyms I wasn't used to the bumper plated and the first time I tried pulling 495 I ripped it up super easy. I later found out it was only 455 because someone left the 25lbs bumpers on instead of the 45's like the sign on the wall clearly stated to do. Lol. I then switched it to 495 and only got it up to my knees and couldn't finish it. Unfortunately I already text a couple people bragging about my new deadlift pr that I didn't actually hit. Lol

That's 10x worse, lol. It's weird they make unlabeled plates.

The clips are 5 pounds each, right??? :)

I wish. Maybe if I had my phone in my pocket plus two clips I could call it 5lbs, lol.

Yeah, I've had to write the weights on the plates in my gym as they're out by up to 5%. Which adds up.

For awhile I used only the bumper plates on bench because there is only one set of each weight and I could use my microplates and know exactly what I had on the bar. There's only enough to make 315lbs though. Two 55's, two 45's, two 25's and two 10's.

Made an improved camera stand today for filming lifts.

20161229_145727.jpg 20161229_145733.jpg 20161229_145737.jpg

The phone slides right between there in the top. The hinge allows up and down movement which my last stand didn't have. Had to bend the hinge a bit to make it work. The wood I just cut off some scrap wood lying around.

Made an improved camera stand today for filming lifts.

View attachment 56229 View attachment 56230 View attachment 56231

The phone slides right between there in the top. The hinge allows up and down movement which my last stand didn't have. Had to bend the hinge a bit to make it work. The wood I just cut off some scrap wood lying around.

I use the mantaray pussy squatter shoulder saver thing, props my phone up perfectly and it gets to have a legitimate use for a change, everyones a winner lmao