Perrin Aybara's Journey to an Elite Powerlifting Total

Yeah, I got on an expensive home scale yesterday and it matches the gym scale.

View attachment 57161

I guess I've just questioned the gym scales ever since I weighed in way under at the last meet. Maybe their scales were off? Or maybe I really lost 10lbs the last few days before the meet, I don't know.
Your socks look as bad as mine:eek:lmao
Maybe they had there scales set up that way to keep the disputes from overweights down. Or maybe you had a bad ass bowl movement that day.:p

Your socks look as bad as mine:eek:lmao
Maybe they had there scales set up that way to keep the disputes from overweights down. Or maybe you had a bad ass bowl movement that day.:p

I always mean to throw them away and never do and I just grab whatever in the morning, matching or not, holes or not. We may never know on the weight mystery.

Personally, I went to walmart and spent like $30-40 on a digital scale and it's been pretty reliable ever since I've had it. The body fat thing on it is a complete joke though.

I've seen those with the bodyfat thing. Can't imagine it's even remotely accurate.

Not even the slightest bit. Lol. Back when I was still on 600mg's of test before I got sick and I was weighing around 210ish it said I was the same bf% as when I weighed 196 and looked WAY more lean. Lol.

Also forgot to mention I'm going to incorporate these for awhile. Like in between sets.

Screenshot_20170107-121100.png

I've been told by someone knowledgeable that it may be my rotator cuff that's preventing me from deadlifting. I'm going to try this for awhile before I start doing deadlift again and see if it helps.

Also, I'm going to experiment with bands on box squats next week. I have some ideas I'm going to try and I'll update then.

Should be getting bloodwork results back any day now, too.

Interesting for sure. I may have to try these out a few days a week. Especially my left side as I feel I don't have the same ROM with that side

20170109_111030.png 20170109_111059.png

So here's where I'm at right now. The cholesterol ones are all flagged high, but if you look it's just barely out of range. I definitely have low iron.

Oh yeah, currently cruising on 150mg/week of test cyp and 100mg/week of primo e split into two doses. I got these bloods like twelve hours after my last pin because I wasn't really worried about test levels as much as lipids and iron. All gear is POTG, by the way.

@RThoads looks like I've got low iron for sure. I'm going to order some of those iron pills you were telling me about.

Any other input is welcome.

View attachment 57169 View attachment 57170

So here's where I'm at right now. The cholesterol ones are all flagged high, but if you look it's just barely out of range. I definitely have low iron.

Oh yeah, currently cruising on 150mg/week of test cyp and 100mg/week of primo e split into two doses. I got these bloods like twelve hours after my last pin because I wasn't really worried about test levels as much as lipids and iron. All gear is POTG, by the way.

@RThoads looks like I've got low iron for sure. I'm going to order some of those iron pills you were telling me about.

Any other input is welcome.

Not bad at all on the cholesterol numbers and I am sure there are still things you can do to improve those even more if you wanted too.

Definitely get the Iron stores (ferritin) up -- order those supps asap and add vitamin-C to help absorption.

Sucks because the RBC and HCT values call for donation, but with iron already depleted it is going to suck.
As you already know (but I put it here to help others) what I did is supplement with high quality iron chelates (NOT useless, toxic, cheap inorganic iron salts found at walmart and walgreens etc) and continue to donate as needed. I take one pill of enzymatic iron daily with lunch and on a majority of days I also take a Now Foods Iron Complex with a snack before bed.

I have had some health set-backs but if I get lucky and things go my way then I plan to get bloods done myself in a couple weeks. I am hoping to see a greatly improved ferritin while continuing to control the RBC and HCT.

We got the same situation.
Best wishes -- lets get this all sorted out!

Not bad at all on the cholesterol numbers and I am sure there are still things you can do to improve those even more if you wanted too.

Definitely get the Iron stores (ferritin) up -- order those supps asap and add vitamin-C to help absorption.

Sucks because the RBC and HCT values call for donation, but with iron already depleted it is going to suck.
As you already know (but I put it here to help others) what I did is supplement with high quality iron chelates (NOT useless, toxic, cheap inorganic iron salts found at walmart and walgreens etc) and continue to donate as needed. I take one pill of enzymatic iron daily with lunch and on a majority of days I also take a Now Foods Iron Complex with a snack before bed.

I have had some health set-backs but if I get lucky and things go my way then I plan to get bloods done myself in a couple weeks. I am hoping to see a greatly improved ferritin while continuing to control the RBC and HCT.

We got the same situation.
Best wishes -- lets get this all sorted out!

Thanks.

How much does the iron supplementation affect your RBC and hematocrit?

Thanks.

How much does the iron supplementation affect your RBC and hematocrit?

I felt like it did make them rise faster and I would think in theory they would.
However, it is hard for me to truly determine the effects on RBC/HCT because I already needed frequent donations before taking it -- wish I could know more specifically but I want to be honest.
Sorry I can not be of more help there.

What it looks like we both need to do is have the rate of our ferritin recovery rise faster than our RBC/HCT, and net an overall long-term increase in ferritin stores while still being able to donate regularly. Only thing you can do is get the supps, start taking them asap, and go donate asap; then, continue with the supps long-term while monitoring bloods and donating as needed. That is my plan and time will tell if it works.

Yeah, I got on an expensive home scale yesterday and it matches the gym scale.

View attachment 57161

I guess I've just questioned the gym scales ever since I weighed in way under at the last meet. Maybe their scales were off? Or maybe I really lost 10lbs the last few days before the meet, I don't know.
The scale at that meet seemed way too low for me too. Who knows.

207lbs

Weighted chin ups +45lbs for 5x10
Hamstring curls 285x10, 295 for 4x10
Dips 40, 30, 30
Plate shrugs 3x30
Adductors with bands 3x20
Abductors with bands 3x20

Also forgot to mention I'm going to incorporate these for awhile. Like in between sets.

View attachment 57165

I've been told by someone knowledgeable that it may be my rotator cuff that's preventing me from deadlifting. I'm going to try this for awhile before I start doing deadlift again and see if it helps.

Also, I'm going to experiment with bands on box squats next week. I have some ideas I'm going to try and I'll update then.

Should be getting bloodwork results back any day now, too.
I'm a HUGE believer in shoulder stability movements! I like to do single arm dumbell snatches holding the dumbell for 20-30 seconds timed. I do these heavy for one rep each arm each set! Kind of reminded me of that exercise in your post.

I'm a HUGE believer in shoulder stability movements! I like to do single arm dumbell snatches holding the dumbell for 20-30 seconds timed. I do these heavy for one rep each arm each set! Kind of reminded me of that exercise in your post.

My gym used to have this stick thing that you were supposed to hold and shake back and forth that was supposed to be good for your rotator cuff. I've got an injury I was told was rotator cuff related, so I'm trying to rehab it.

My gym used to have this stick thing that you were supposed to hold and shake back and forth that was supposed to be good for your rotator cuff. I've got an injury I was told was rotator cuff related, so I'm trying to rehab it.
Too many little muscles in the shoulders, it's really good to do stability work on them in general. Wish you the best of luck on healing!