Perrin Aybara's Journey to an Elite Powerlifting Total

Taking the day off the gym today. I worked 16 hours yesterday and most of the morning and afternoon today. Most of it underneath my trailer dragging floor jacks around and jacking it up over and over. Whole body is toast right now. Today was supposed to be squats and tomorrow my accessories day, but I'm going to do squats tomorrow and skip the accessories this week.

Sounds like you're burning your candle on both sides ends right now. Lol, I've been catching up on sleep today, my candle was just about out of wick myself... long week...

Hope the trailer is going smoothly.

Sounds like you're burning your candle on both sides ends right now. Lol, I've been catching up on sleep today, my candle was just about out of wick myself... long week...

Hope the trailer is going smoothly.

The weather screwed us actually. Paid $425 for an excavator for the weekend and the rain prevented us from doing much. Spent nine hours yesterday in the mud and rain just getting it ready to move. Then today moved it maybe halfway to where it's going. Had a wheel pop off twice and then almost got stuck in the mud.

Wanted to get everything done this weekend including digging the septic. So gonna have to shell out another $425 next weekend if it's dry enough. A couple good days of weather is all we need. Kinda pissed because the weather report for this weekend was supposed to be nice until the last minute.

Been a long week for me, too. Got almost full time hours at my dishwashing job and all the hours working on the house. I'm beat. I'm basically getting no hours at work until at least next weekend though, so I'll be resting.

I have an appointment at a local community college on Thursday to see about signing up for CDL training. Tired of working for almost nothing and that seems like a good option to get myself a decent wage before summer.

At least it's a workout in itself with jacking the trailer up and those things are heavy!

No news on that phone interview yet? CDL training sounds good but don't trucking companies inquire on your criminal record?

The weather screwed us actually. Paid $425 for an excavator for the weekend and the rain prevented us from doing much. Spent nine hours yesterday in the mud and rain just getting it ready to move. Then today moved it maybe halfway to where it's going. Had a wheel pop off twice and then almost got stuck in the mud.

Wanted to get everything done this weekend including digging the septic. So gonna have to shell out another $425 next weekend if it's dry enough. A couple good days of weather is all we need. Kinda pissed because the weather report for this weekend was supposed to be nice until the last minute.

Been a long week for me, too. Got almost full time hours at my dishwashing job and all the hours working on the house. I'm beat. I'm basically getting no hours at work until at least next weekend though, so I'll be resting.

I have an appointment at a local community college on Thursday to see about signing up for CDL training. Tired of working for almost nothing and that seems like a good option to get myself a decent wage before summer.
Sorry to hear that Perrin. Shit will come together for you. You have a big fire inside of you, something that a fair amount of people don't have. It will come together.

Dude, there is definitely a need for CDL. That's not a bad idea to bump your wages quickly.

At least it's a workout in itself with jacking the trailer up and those things are heavy!

No news on that phone interview yet? CDL training sounds good but don't trucking companies inquire on your criminal record?

They emailed me and told me they weren't interested. Truck driving is supposedly pretty felony friendly according to Google. I've about had all the minimum wage I can take.

Sorry to hear that Perrin. Shit will come together for you. You have a big fire inside of you, something that a fair amount of people don't have. It will come together.

Dude, there is definitely a need for CDL. That's not a bad idea to bump your wages quickly.

Thanks, I'm determined to succeed right now. I get really discouraged at times when it's just constant bad luck like it's been lately, I'll pull through though.

Yeah, in my recent job hunting there's just pages and pages of jobs available if you have your CDL. Probably more so than anything else from what I've seen.

It costs a little over $4k for the schooling, but I think I can borrow it and if not get a loan. They say you can get that paid for if you're willing to go on the road for a year, but I'm not. Not willing to give up the gym, so I'm going to figure out how to pay for school myself. Shouldn't be a big deal, I've got pretty good credit.

Yeah, from my experience it won't be hard at all to find an employer to look past felonies in the trucking industry. My uncle has a couple and he's lived a decent life as a truck driver

Yeah, from my experience it won't be hard at all to find an employer to look past felonies in the trucking industry. My uncle has a couple and he's lived a decent life as a truck driver

My cousin hauls cars and makes really good money. He's the one that first suggested it to me. At first it didn't sound good, but a local route sounds perfect. Not nearly as much money, I don't need a ton though. I want to be home and be able to train normally.

Get some good references and why not see what help you can get thru the state dept of labor on CDL training programs that you might be able to get a grant or low interest loan for.

Maybe your cousin can help you out as far as on the job training as well that can supplement your CDL training and to take the exam.

My cousin hauls cars and makes really good money. He's the one that first suggested it to me. At first it didn't sound good, but a local route sounds perfect. Not nearly as much money, I don't need a ton though. I want to be home and be able to train normally.

Yeah. You probably won't make 60k+ a year, but it'll be a hell of a lot better than minimum wage.

Yeah. You probably won't make 60k+ a year, but it'll be a hell of a lot better than minimum wage.
More like $35K but experienced drivers can get to earn more. Local route driving certainly will pay less than long haul routes where drivers have to go cross country.

As someone who has a felony on their record also, I know you can find good job. It just might take some time, and the right company. You can do bro, I never thought I would find a better job or one close to home and I did. I know you can too. How long has it been since your conviction? My new job only went back and looked at my past 7 years.

As someone who has a felony on their record also, I know you can find good job. It just might take some time, and the right company. You can do bro, I never thought I would find a better job or one close to home and I did. I know you can too. How long has it been since your conviction? My new job only went back and looked at my past 7 years.

The last conviction was 2012. Almost five years ago.

All up in this general area[emoji4]

Welcome to the party.

Just keep pushing forward my man.
People will look past what is in your past as long as you present yourself as a dependable honest person. you know my story. i have a few felonies and landed a good job. Just put yourself out there. i applied for jobs that said no felonies and my job now said no felonies. Part of it for us (for me for sure) is we just need to get in front of someone and talk to them and show them who we are NOW. many people will look past it. you'd be surprised how many people you come to know that have family members and friends that suffered from the same "issues" we had. ive had the opportunity to help one of my bosses friends and one of his family friends get into treatment which showed my boss how my past IS my past. work ethic. you have it. you just need to be able to get in front of someone that will let you show them.

something i haven't really spoken about in my log is what all is on my plate since Jaunary. i enrolled back into school to get a degree in the medical field. Life has been chaotic working 50 hours a week, school, training and trying to have a life outside of those things. and also knowing there is a chance when i go in front of the state board after college is done, i may be denied. but i also know plenty of people who walked the same path as myself and were granted their license and have jobs in their said fields. shit, i got a bunch of grants FOR being a convicted felon! just put yourself out there.

Just keep pushing forward my man.
People will look past what is in your past as long as you present yourself as a dependable honest person. you know my story. i have a few felonies and landed a good job. Just put yourself out there. i applied for jobs that said no felonies and my job now said no felonies. Part of it for us (for me for sure) is we just need to get in front of someone and talk to them and show them who we are NOW. many people will look past it. you'd be surprised how many people you come to know that have family members and friends that suffered from the same "issues" we had. ive had the opportunity to help one of my bosses friends and one of his family friends get into treatment which showed my boss how my past IS my past. work ethic. you have it. you just need to be able to get in front of someone that will let you show them.

something i haven't really spoken about in my log is what all is on my plate since Jaunary. i enrolled back into school to get a degree in the medical field. Life has been chaotic working 50 hours a week, school, training and trying to have a life outside of those things. and also knowing there is a chance when i go in front of the state board after college is done, i may be denied. but i also know plenty of people who walked the same path as myself and were granted their license and have jobs in their said fields. shit, i got a bunch of grants FOR being a convicted felon! just put yourself out there.

I agree with all that. I've got to do something different though. Working my ass off for $8.25/hour is getting old. Driving isn't my ideal career, but $35k a year sounds like a fortune after making less than $20k. At the rate I'm going now I'll be lucky to make $8k this year. Medical sounds good, I didn't realize anyone could ever do that after a felony.