PurplePandaLabs Raw source

Just did a test with a syringe and water. Pulled 5ml and put in the graduated cylinder and weighed it. U can see the cylinder reads 6ml instead of 5ml.

5xdsAQa.jpg

Just did a test with a syringe and water. Pulled 5ml and put in the graduated cylinder and weighed it. U can see the cylinder reads 6ml instead of 5ml.

5xdsAQa.jpg
I'd measure it out and mark it accuratley. Get a shorter and wider set if beakers man. Easier

I just finished. I got it to hold at 200mg/40ml with 1%/18% and gso.

Have a little problem tho....
This time i weighed out the total brew instead of measuring it in the graduated cylinder. Used a gram scaled and weighed out 40g total which is the same as 40ml.

The thing is when i measured it in the cylinder it reads like 43ml.

So im confused....
Beakers and cylinders are all approximate measures. Every one I have had that printed on it. A syringe and/or scale is a much more accurate way to measure you ingredients.

This is my 4th brew now and the reason i did it this way was bcus everytime my vials would come out uneven when i got to the last one. When i measured out 50ml on the cylinder.
Your vials come out uneven in the end because you lose hormone/oil in the filter. Leave the 43ml in the graduated cylinder. measure out 4 10ml vials. Guaranteed you don’t have 3ml left over.

You need to just come to terms that a gram is not the same as a ML... Its just not the same measurement. Apples and oranges. You may be able to get away with it due to how close they are to a gram per ml but if your looking to be precise and argue a couple ml differences in the end, you need to stop thinking a gram and a ml are the same... plain and simple.

LOL! Go get 10ml of water aand go get 10ml of oil and see if they both weight 10 grams.

Yes one gram of water is one ml and is also one cubic centimeter. Its a benchmark

What ur saying is irrelvant. I weighed the individual ingredients. This has nothing to do with water.

10ml of water will weigh 10g

And

10ml of oil will weigh 10g

Will do and report back. Thanks. I don't think ill lose 3ml in the filters after pushing air through them, to empty the out. Maybe .5 at the most.
You’re right but in bottle tops you would lose more. Until you ran more oil through. My point was more along the lines of a couple of tiny mistakes can add up. Also different tools. There are a bunch of different things that could lead to discrepancies. The bottom line though 3ml isn’t much. I personally think your still not accounting for displacement. Go back a few posts I wrote about it again. There is no way to come up with a wrong finished oil if you do it this way. Your MGs could be off if you didn’t do the math right but not your total volume.

@LooneyTuned
Fill a 60ml syringe to 40ml or a 10ml four times and put it in your cylinder to see how accurate it is. Im pretty sure no one here weighs liquids. Either you didn’t account for displacement weight or you used to many different measurement tools. 3ml isn’t really a lot and spread that over different measureing tools it could easily be small errors that add up. That why I told you to mix your hormone and solvents and then add your heated oil to it but not all of it. Once you get it all dissolved or very close to it put it into your graduated cylinder and add your final amount of oil to your finished mark. If you weighed the hormone right and measured the solvents rights once you add your oil to let’s say 50ml then you have 50ml of finished oil. No errors.

If also add in the accuracy of resolution is probably off for 5mls and also 100mls as they are probably too much. My scale don’t like having heavy items (like a cylinder of oil). I would think 1ml of oil would weigh less than 1 gram so you’d end up with a higher volume.
If density of oil is 0.92gram/ml x 43ml = 39.46g of Primo E.
J

These were my steps...

1.Put empty breaker on scale and tared it.

2. Weighed 8 g of raw in breaker. tared.

3. Used a syringe to pull 7ml, put in breaker, n weighed it which was 7g. Tared

4. Syringed 4ml into beaker. Didn't weigh cus the scale didn't read it. But should of been .4g

5. Poured 25g of oil from bottle into beaker

6. I now have 40ml/40g in the beaker.