PurplePandaLabs Raw source

Ok so first brew done. Brew cherry officially popped. Scaled way down to get the feel for it. Brewed test prop 110mg and 55ml to account for minor loss and slight overfill in vial. I used a bottle top filter and a 10ml syringe to fill 10ml vials. I'm concerned though because even though I made 55ml I wound up 4ml short of 50ml. Seems way off to me. Even if I overfil the 4 vials by 1 ml where's the rest.
What displacement weight did you use in your calculations for your prop ? If you used the standard .75/ml it could have thrown off your end total a bit because 1g test prop actually displaces .909ml ... I dont know if the would throw your total mls off by 4ml but it would definitely account for some of it .

Edit : but on second thought that would throw your total concentration off a bit not the actual total ml's

Last edited:
@Thegreek I read about 2ml gets lost in the whatman syringe filter. Yours is probaly bigger so it's in the filter. You can also put 2 ml of straight oil through to get it out if you like next time.
I pulled a noob move and meant to put some of the total oil aside to run through the filter and forgot but even if I did it still seems like a big loss.

What displacement weight did you use in your calculations for your prop ? If you used the standard .75/ml it could have thrown off your end total a bit because 1g test prop actually displaces .909ml ... I dont know if the would throw your total mls off by 4ml but it would definitely account for some of it .
.85 it's like the standard number in the calculator. Didn't think it would be that big of a difference. I won't do that again.

.85 it's like the standard number in the calculator. Didn't think it would be that big of a difference. I won't do that again.
Actually its not that big of a difference for 50ml but if you ever do I bigger brew it can throw your end numbers off a good bit , I just checked and at 50ml its less than a ml difference in total oil , so that and the amount you held back to filter through at the end probably explains the 4ml missing..

Actually its not that big of a difference for 50ml but if you ever do I bigger brew it can throw your end numbers off a good bit , I just checked and at 50ml its less than a ml difference in total oil , so that and the amount you held back to filter through at the end probably explains the 4ml missing..
I didn't hold anything back. I meant to but just used total amount of oil the calculator called for. I know after filtering I was just very very slightly above 50 and after transfer to vials I was short 4. On paper I started at 55ml but in the end I wound up with 46ml. Just really seems like a big loss.

What did you use to measure out your 55ml? Beakers are often not marked accurately. I would recommend using a graduated cylinder or even a 60cc syringe to get an accurate 55ml.

with regards to the PIP Yomane, i'm pretty puzzled because i've also had a few people on reddit tell me they've brewed panda's test E and it's been painless. maybe try rebrewing with less BB this time?

What did you use to measure out your 55ml? Beakers are often not marked accurately. I would recommend using a graduated cylinder or even a 60cc syringe to get an accurate 55ml.
A 60ml measureing cup and a syringe. The media bottle after filtering showed 50/51.

That's strange. Sounds like your volumes should have been spot on. At least you know the concentration is correct. If you add the few Mls of extra oil through the filter you will change the concentration. Account for the 4-5 ml difference next time and add that extra oil.

Make your desired mg/ml solution at 60ml final volume but keep that extra 5 ml out to pass through to clean the filter of product. Once you add that last 5ml you have your final concentration and can dispense to each vial, hopefully ending with at least 50cc. You can at least overfill each vial a little.

J

How is purplepanda's NPP? I'm in need of some asap. Need some input....thanks.
All of his raw has been very good to me so far. I've yet to make the npp though. I've read that it was quality as well, but can't remember who gave the review. I have some of it on my list to purchase. Basically I'm of no help to you lolo_O

All of his raw has been very good to me so far. I've yet to make the npp though. I've read that it was quality as well, but can't remember who gave the review. I have some of it on my list to purchase. Basically I'm of no help to you lolo_O
Definitely the number of positive hits eases ones mind when ordering the next raw.

Definitely the number of positive hits eases ones mind when ordering the next raw.
I know all we really are is a group of strangers online but fwiw, ppl is legit. Even when something isn't correct the guy fixes it ricky tick. Good source, hope he stays this way.

I'll be that guy... "he's only as good as his last batch."

Every time I read that I'm thinking...yes, correct. Everything in life is only as good as its last batch.

That's strange. Sounds like your volumes should have been spot on. At least you know the concentration is correct. If you add the few Mls of extra oil through the filter you will change the concentration. Account for the 4-5 ml difference next time and add that extra oil.

Make your desired mg/ml solution at 60ml final volume but keep that extra 5 ml out to pass through to clean the filter of product. Once you add that last 5ml you have your final concentration and can dispense to each vial, hopefully ending with at least 50cc. You can at least overfill each vial a little.

J
Yeah well that's the fucked up part I thought I was accounting for some loss by brewing 55ml. I don't know maybe between the filter and the overfilled vials is where all the loss is but it just seems way to much to lose. On the upside though nothing crashed so far at 10 hours later and I even put 1 vial in the fridge overnight and it still looks good. I'm not familiar with test prop but it has a Slight yellow look to it but I would imagine that's the GSO giving it that color.

It's like when I distill some liquor. I have to throw away the heads and tails. I figure it's a gift to the shine god.

Filter loss is like a gift to the AAS god?

Yeah well that's the fucked up part I thought I was accounting for some loss by brewing 55ml. I don't know maybe between the filter and the overfilled vials is where all the loss is but it just seems way to much to lose. On the upside though nothing crashed so far at 10 hours later and I even put 1 vial in the fridge overnight and it still looks good. I'm not familiar with test prop but it has a Slight yellow look to it but I would imagine that's the GSO giving it that color.
Indeed. The GSO will give anything a slight yellow tint.

I don't mind the loss as long as the loss is right. I went through the process a 100 times and I know I followed it right but like I said just seems like a lot to lose. I guess though if you factor in every where you could lose I guess it could add up to that and plus the overfilled vials really isn't a loss. So I guess it's all good. Maybe I'm just being a bitch about it.

To make you feel less like a bitch...do the math and calculate how much money you just saved yourself by doing something so simple and enjoying vs buying a finished vial. Feel better, right?

I don't worry about the displacement values. Just make sure you adjust your final volume when you are done. This step you can verify you actually have the volume of liquid you need. If you don't do this, you just split an unknown final volume and could easily be off 4-5ml. Of course you need a graduated cylinder (pretty inexpensive) or use your 60cc sryinge to make sure you have your 55-60ml.