Should you run cardarine alongside your blasts/cycles? Let's look at the facts.

Live_Evil

10+ Year Member
There are oddities and enigmas surrounding cardarine, so much so, some conspiracy theorists have come to the conclusion that its reputation was purposefully tarnished in order to keep people unhealthy and dependent on the medical industry. I'm certainly not trying to say that's the case with this thread, but it's worth discussing so we can separate the fact from myth.

The way drugs generally make it through clinical trials, they start with animal administration. If that goes well, they move to human administration for the next few phases of the trial. Interestingly, cardarine's infamous "cancerous rat" trial seemingly didn't even exist, until cardarine was being widely deployed by virtually every single athlete in the Beijing Olympics. At that point, it hadn't shown any ill effects on human subjects -- quite the contrary, as it was being advertised and billed as "exercise in a bottle" by the manufacturer. It had even shown up in news specials, and hailed as a miracle drug by GlaxoSmithKline.

After the compound started to see explosive use in athletes, this mystery study sprouted out of nowhere, showing cancer in rat subjects after a supposed 2 year administration. For some strange reason, it shouldn't have ever progressed to human trials, but certainly had, with no one experiencing a single effect that forced them out of the trial. So, either GlaxoSmithKline had buried that phase of the trial, or something else entirely had happened. Fishing through the available information on the subject, GlaxoSmithKline was never charged with any wrong doing, so it's unlikely they hid the results from a trial, especially since it would have been handed over to the FDA before human trials could even begin.

To compound the mysterious nature of the situation even further, the particular rats used in this study only live (on average) to the age of 3 years old any way, at which point they die of cancer. So why were they used for this study? Further, human trials have shown cardarine possessing anti cancer properties, especially regarding pituitary tumors. In fact, one study on rats showed promising anti pituitary tumor effects, to such an extent that many of the rats were completely cured by the end of the study, and a dramatic reduction in the size of the tumor across the entire study group.

With a bit of context, it's easy to see how some people aren't convinced of cardarine's supposed cancer proliferation in rat models.

To be very clear, there isn't a single recorded instance of a person developing cancer while using cardarine, and it has been widely used for well over a decade.

Cardarine is a ppar delta agonist, yielding desirable effects on blood lipids, blood pressure, and a palpable, performance-enhancing effect on cardiovascular capacity. Further, it might even have mildly anabolic effects, although that hasn't been shown in humans. It has also been shown to heal dead heart cells, and reverse ventricular hypertrophy. Cardarine also aids in metabolizing bodyfat.

Getting into anecdotes, I have used cardarine multiple times and absolutely love it. Even when performing anaerobic exercises, I noticed an immediate difference. I can hold a paused squat while holding my breath, with far less stress on my cardiovascular system. I can push harder during any lift, without losing my breath. But when performing aerobic movements, it's quite simply amazing.

A quick look around online yields stories of guys self administering cardarine in order to treat severe cardiovascular impairment, with results that seem too good to be true, but are beyond profound if they are true. Like this one:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw300NEsZq8

A list of all published studies around cardarine: SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

I wanted to start this thread to demystify cardarine a bit, since so many people claim it's the devil, while many others claim it's a miracle drug. What's the truth? Well, without major funding, we'll probably never know. But if we really look at the facts, there is no evidence that it causes cancer in humans, and it has profound cardiovascular effects. It has shown anti cancer properties in humans and animals. And there is trial showing supposed cancer proliferation in rats, but this trial is not peer reviewed, and there are multiple potential problems with that particular trial.

What do you guys think? What are your experiences with cardarine?

Last edited:
What dose do you typically run it at? I’ve been thinking about trying it out during my “holy fuck the gyms are open!” cycle when it happens.

It’s an interesting compound for sure. I always thought that it was a SARM until someone corrected me the other day.

What dose do you typically run it at? I’ve been thinking about trying it out during my “holy fuck the gyms are open!” cycle when it happens.

It’s an interesting compound for sure. I always thought that it was a SARM until someone corrected me the other day.
I like it at just 10-15 mg per day, but I've ran it at 25 with good results. I'm always moderate in my dosages with everything though. I've done 4 cycles in the past, and enjoyed all of them.

I like it at just 10-15 mg per day, but I've ran it at 25 with good results. I'm always moderate in my dosages with everything though. I've done 4 cycles in the past, and enjoyed all of them.
Do you do caps or inject? Ignore if it'll piss people off but where do you order from?

I just want to point out the obvious. It keeps being repeated that there is no recorded case of Cardarine causing cancer in humans.

What is not being said is that Cardarine and cancer in humans has never been a topic of study.

So the statement is a little misleading.

Cardarine is a PPAR receptor agonist. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-delta has a lot of metabolic effects, many of which are mentioned above (this is what is responsible for what Cardarine does in the body). Importantly, it HAS been studied a little bit with respect to cancer and humans, and the little bit of study has found it both to inhibit and promote tumorigenesis. Read that last sentence again. It increased the likelihood of some types of tumors and inhibited others.

Just keep in mind that the interaction of Cardarine and your biology is more complex than has been discussed here, and whether Cardarine increases your chances of certain cancers is not fully understood. Live_Evil probably does not have the last word on this, and we may not fully know the answers for some time to come, if ever.

Peters, J., Gonzalez, F. and Müller, R. (2015). Establishing the Role of PPARβ/δ in Carcinogenesis. Trends in Endocrinology & Metabolism, 26(11), pp.595-607.

For those of you who just can't sleep tonight without reading more . . .

I just want to point out the obvious. It keeps being repeated that there is no recorded case of Cardarine causing cancer in humans.

What is not being said is that Cardarine and cancer in humans has never been a topic of study.

So the statement is a little misleading.

Cardarine is a PPAR receptor agonist. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-delta has a lot of metabolic effects, many of which are mentioned above (this is what is responsible for what Cardarine does in the body). Importantly, it HAS been studied a little bit with respect to cancer and humans, and the little bit of study has found it both to inhibit and promote tumorigenesis. Read that last sentence again. It increased the likelihood of some types of tumors and inhibited others.

Just keep in mind that the interaction of Cardarine and your biology is more complex than has been discussed here, and whether Cardarine increases your chances of certain cancers is not fully understood. Live_Evil probably does not have the last word on this, and we may not fully know the answers for some time to come, if ever.
I've seen a few times that there have been 2 phase 2 trials( I think that means human testing) and I've read there was no cancer in those trials but I can't find any written info on that. The study with the rats all getting cancer it looks like they were on a heavy dose for 2 years and their normal lifespan is only 3 years.

Deca is known to be hard on the heart, all info I've read shows cardarine is good for the heart. So 8f I add deca and cardarine I should pick up strength, endurance and joint relief with a increased risk of cancer.

I always wanted to try it... BUT I love to do HGH so I thought about the possible combination and is in my opinion is not worth the risk. Let's say it does increase possible proliferation of cancer... + The HGH effect on cell reproduction and you have one hell of a lethal combo.

Are the added benefit worth the risk? In my opinion not, of course everyone has to decide for themselves.

I prefer to manage my BP and lipds with a healthier lifestyle like eating good stuff and do some cardio, then risking it.

Maybe in 10 years we will know the truth or maybe not... Still not worth it imho

My last two pct’s have both included cardarine in them at 15mg per day. My most recent one included mk 677 in it as well.
I feel like I retained a lot of what I had gained in that cycle, so I’ll be spending the extra money and keeping it in my pct protocols.

Idk about the it’s safety surrounding the cancer study. However, using it in combination with carnitine will make it much more effective for long term use.

I mix injectable cardarine at between 15-25 mg alongside Tren Base (25mg) and veterinary B complex prep as an injectable PWO.

At higher than 25mg for me the cardarine is both more painful than I will tolerate and makes me hyper like 6 motherfuckers so I keep it manageably low.

I mix injectable cardarine at between 15-25 mg alongside Tren Base (25mg) and veterinary B complex prep as an injectable PWO.

At higher than 25mg for me the cardarine is both more painful than I will tolerate and makes me hyper like 6 motherfuckers so I keep it manageably low.

Hyper as in hyper-stimulated?

Doesn't it cause heart growth in rats
That hasn't been shown in any of the literature to my knowledge. Look through the link I posted, it shows all of the trials around cardarine. It has actually reversed ventricular hypertrophy, so quite the opposite.
In your guys' experience, does Cardarine make cutting in a high deficit more bearable?
I've never cut with a severe deficit, and I don't think it's a good idea regardless of your drug use, but cardarine is great for giving you extra energy during physical activity, so I could see it aiding during a steep deficit.

The most muscle sparing practices generally utilize 200-300 of a deficit per day. If you're going to cut harder, definitely do it with physical activity rather than starving yourself.