What is estrogen's role in converting HGH to igf-1?

Lately I've been hearing some YouTubers say that in order to maximize your HGH usage you should run your testosterone high enough that your e2 is somewhere on the higher end, 50-100 pg/ml, and that will cause maximum conversion of hgh to igf-1.
I've tried searching and can't seem to find anything to back this up. Is this just bro science?

Just watched the same video. Broderick chavez? He never really has any evidence and when he does he’s been called out many times for frequently misinterpreting studies.

Just watched the same video. Broderick chavez? He never really has any evidence and when he does he’s been called out many times for frequently misinterpreting studies.

I guess I missed that one. Which video was that? I like to listen to Broderick but he often doesn't give a straight answer or just talks a bunch without actually saying anything, lol. I heard this on a video with Dr. Todd Lee and another with Todd Lee and Kurt Havens. They kind of implied John jewitt was doing the same.

I guess I missed that one. Which video was that? I like to listen to Broderick but he often doesn't give a straight answer or just talks a bunch without actually saying anything, lol. I heard this on a video with Dr. Todd Lee and another with Todd Lee and Kurt Havens. They kind of implied John jewitt was doing the same.
I may be getting my podcasts mixed up lmao I did listen to that video you’re talking about last week too. The broderick chavez episode was on some monotone european dude’s channel who pretty much only interviews broderick

I may be getting my podcasts mixed up lmao I did listen to that video you’re talking about last week too. The broderick chavez episode was on some monotone european dude’s channel who pretty much only interviews broderick
Ha, I saw that too. That dude is like a deer in headlights trying to interview people

Lately I've been hearing some YouTubers say that in order to maximize your HGH usage you should run your testosterone high enough that your e2 is somewhere on the higher end, 50-100 pg/ml, and that will cause maximum conversion of hgh to igf-1.
I've tried searching and can't seem to find anything to back this up. Is this just bro science?
Its just bro science but regardless people will choose to believe what they want which is fine.

Bottom line for me is do what works for you and track it yourself if you want to know.

Don't rely on forum people or so called influencers telling you it isn't bro science and/or throwing out links to what they think is proof that it isn't just bro science.

Last edited:
Yeah cant just take their word for it. Look up the study as well if they claim to have evidence.

Look at things like how old is the study; How old are the citations in the study; Are the results significant.

Are the studies even relevant and like you said is the person completely misinterpreting or erroneously extrapolating article results to fit what they want to believe?

It's been known for ages ;)

It's been known for ages ;)
Earlier this year I tried an npp/dbol/primo cycle for a month and still ran HGH. Makes me wonder if I wasted it. I grew a decent bit though. Now I'm curious if the methylestradiol from dbol can help in igf-1 conversion too. I'll have to get some bloodwork done before and after if I ever try it again to compare to a test base cycle

Earlier this year I tried an npp/dbol/primo cycle for a month and still ran HGH. Makes me wonder if I wasted it. I grew a decent bit though. Now I'm curious if the methylestradiol from dbol can help in igf-1 conversion too. I'll have to get some bloodwork done before and after if I ever try it again to compare to a test base cycle

How would it be wasted if your HGH to IGF-1 pathway was enhanced by the anabolics ?

Injecting IGF-1 would have been a waste ;)

Not sure about estrogens relationship to IGF 1, but low estrogen is definitely a bad thing. Leads to joint pain. You want good levels of both estrogen and testosterone.

Purely detrimental (in humans) since estrogens increase IGFBP-1. However, aromatization (the process of converting T to E2) increases it. So there’s a parabolic shape to the E2/curve in men (for whom all E2 is the product of T aromatization) where that plateauing is caused by E2/IGFBP-1.

The reason women have fairly high IGF-I is that IGFBP-1 unleashes GH by feedback withdrawal. They’re actually GH resistant compared to men. They have WAY higher GH than us.

What you have to try to wrap your head around is that the evolutionarily-shaped regulatory systems at work are directed at (low) endogenous concentrations.

Men have an average GH only 1/3 that of women. Yes, perimenopausal women secrete about 4.5 IU daily GH.

Since their body masses are way smaller despite all that GH, it should show you the different synergies between T & GH vs E & GH with respect to IGF-I.

Last edited: