• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Why there almost certainly is No God!!

Oh yeah forgot about money which is the root cause of everything

It's NOT the Money, but the "Love of"..... Same with "Power". I know a lot of wealthy people and some with Power, that are compassionate, God fearing, and 'cool' with both the money and the power. It's pretty much like everything we have or own. It's how you handle it. Money is Not the root of all evil. It is the LOVE of Money..............

- "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled off was convincing MAN/The World he does not exist...:"

- Revelation 12:9: "that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world."

The first of the two sentences above is a modern day translation of the written words explaining the power of the devil to deceive. It is a perfect observational analogy of how poor our position is today, and a PRIME PRESENTATION of the power the devil holds, in that THE SENTENCE WITHIN ITSELF is nothing but PURE DECEPT. !! If you PAY ATTENTION what the statement HIGHLIGHTS is that the devil is out there telling you he is bullshit and a farce. So VIA convincing YOU that he does not exist, is REALLY to CONVINCE you that God does not exist... The statement within itself is attempting to validate that there could possibly be no God in true intention. A wolf like a sheep. To BROADCAST that the Devil is "convincing he is not REAL", is to broadcast that God is not real as the devil actually succeeded in this - as the STATEMENT SAYS IT HAPPENED....!!! So while it looks like wise words forwarded from the Holy Bible, it is really Decept of an incredibly sinister and seditious form...! Again, Language FAILS us. How could spoken work have ANY value if we can't even respect WRITTEN WORD?! If we are so ignorant that when we READ we see only what we want to.? If when we SEE, we SEE only what we want to. How do you know you need glasses if your perception remains yours? So how do you know your doc was qualified, or even intended to give to THE CORRECT PRESCRIPTION for SIGHT....! Were we given a screwdriver to hammer a nail and don't know it? Miracles are VIEWED and OBSERVED every day, but for some reason they are not SEEN. Why is it that we only seem to respect the bad things that happen in our lives? Why does one loved one have to get maimed or die, before we stop and LOVE.? And then why AGAIN do we proceed back on the SAME IGNORANT PATH..??!!!! There is only one word that answers this question. A word that describes a concept so fukin NASTY that just the thought of it will generate audible LIES. The word is FEAR.... Many things are not as they seem... But WHY do they SEEM to be the way we perceive them.... And What is RIGHT?

What APPEARS to be the most ridiculous point of the whole "Evolution vs. God" argument, is the whole POINT that it in fact makes. Which is it is ONLY Another Avenue of Disagreement and for the point of disagreement...

*** The primary failure of humanity appears to be proven by the fact that this UNPROVABLE ARGUMENT is even ensuing....! And really nothing more than the PROOF that WE are looking for "Stock to buy", and via the Sale of our own. FEAR is a prime motive and suspect as always. UNCERTAINTY as a function of Human Life is a driving FACTOR. The NEED for COMFORT is BOTH the Mode of Operation, as well as the profile of the Principle - US. So while People hype the market value of their Own Stock, in an effort to acquire more/other stock - they BECOME BELIEVERS at some point where they FORGET that the Value of the Stock the COVET, may not be "As Marketed". The grass always looks so green over there.... How UNGRATEFUL I AM...!

Why can't God apply to the entire Universe?!? Why can't "he" be responsible for the whole she-BANG.? So then Evolution IS NOW a function of God.... That would make sense, so what's the problem?? Why can't "the church" just sit back and laugh at "Evolutionists in denial" and say - "fine, we agree with big bang and all this, BUT GOD made it all happen.."????!!??

So you have the Ultimate CHICKEN OR EGG Argument. And yet we are dealing with ABSTRACT vs. CONCRETE...! The Concrete remaining INFINITELY INDETERMINATE, because no matter how small the microscope can see, and no matter how far we travel - we only find MORE..... Still this DOES NOT qualify the SCIENCE of EVOLUTION as Abstract...

- So on the one hand, you have the church founding its principles on what CAN NOT PROVEN, further stated by its own intent as being DIVINE as "we don't even have the right to observe and qualify and never will until judged" So the CHURCH is arguing a principle which IS ADMITTEDLY unprovable or "hot air". The concept is actually FAITH.. Which is a TALL ORDER. Is the Church MISAPPROPRIATING this WORD...? So they are admittedly selling NOTHING..

- On the other hand you have Science, which Attempts to PROVE via Scientific Method. While Science DOES PROVE Points, Principles, and Facets - It continues to PROVE itself to be WRONG, and over and over again. While science is the furthest opposite of Abstract, the FORTITUDE of this "Concrete" remains questionable - AS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF SCIENCE IS TO QUESTION.... and admittedly question/discredit itself...! An interesting intersection of Science and Philosophy, and conundrum where science does not exist without. So perhaps we could say that Science is "Relatively Concrete" with relation to TIME.

The funniest part of the whole notion of the existence of an "Evolutionist who denies God", is that SCIENCE is FOUNDED on the Principle of FINDING GOD in the search for TRUTH. Science is ALSO a FAITH... But since when did SCIENCE "team up with" or take the position of a "God denying Evolutionist"?? It DID NOT, it has NOT. Evolutionists have attempted to pull the wool over the eyes of society into believing that "Science" is on their side.. And just the same as the point that "The Church" has taken "The Gospel" and somehow aligned themselves with these words, concepts, and beliefs.. The church seems to me to be nothing more than a MONSTER which has formed via claiming rights and transference of authority claiming to be Divinely Empowered to utilize what ONE MAN was ordained to do, and THUS PROVEN Failed by its own fundamental CONSTRUCT. So if you read the words, the you can see that the church appears to be constantly attempting to DISPROVE ITSELF as well... And via acting in a manner inconsistent with its own stated values BY ATTEMPTING to INTERPRET and PERVERT WHAT IS WRITTEN AND CONCRETE..!!! The only TRUTH in the CHURCH appears to be that it seems to PROFIT on the backs of the IGNORANT. If we are NOT Ignorant, then we can read for OURSELVES, and thus they serve no purpose to US.n So just WHO is the CHURCH Serving or perhaps even SERVICING...!?!!!!

So as we can see, both science and religion are FAITHS. The FAILURE of these FAITHs appears to be that they are inherently designed to debunk themselves. The ELEMENT of HUMANITY is the Prime Operational Principle of this. It would appear that "Humanity" is HELL BENT on FAILURE...

* POLITICS determines WHAT science is concerned with, and WHO the Church is concerned with.
* PHILOSOPHY determines HOW the "Church" presents its INTERPRETATION, and HOW Science OPERATES.
* RELIGION determines WHO we are, WHAT we do, HOW we BELIEVE - as pertaining to BOTH Science and the Church.

The IRONY would appear to be that The Church and Science are actually arguing the SAME POINT and Don't even REALIZE this. Or more like - WE - Do not realize this. Because the CHURCH and SCIENCE are BOTH Empowered Completely by US...! The ARGUMENT Appears to be nothing more than a MANIFESTATION by US, onto US, and Servicing US, as BOTH are Definatively Undefinable, with little value other than WHEN & WHERE (time & space:D;)) WE ///// ARE....! Where we seem to be is in no place other than a State of Grace with luxury items like TIME TO WASTE...!:rolleyes::)

1) If there is no GOD, then WHY IS IT that THE MORE I Endeavor to be a helpful person in good will, the more hinderance and ILL WILL seem to involve/interfere with me.?!? You should try this. Go out of your way to help folks. Or a better example would be to go out of your way to take on an immediate cared for's troubles when they are acting out. You will find that the more you try to help, the more you give them exactly what they want, the more they will attempt to maintain the negativity and circumvent your kindness in order to keep acting out. The only thing stopping it being THEIR OWN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and NOT YOU. Take a ride to the local childrens help joint and get in a wreck for getting in your car. Go mow your elderly neighbor's yard, and get a stone slung in your eye. Give a brother your love, and get scorn in return. I'm thinking something about "turn the other cheek" about now.. I am also thinking that just as Good HAS NO MEANING without Evil - Evil can NOT be defeated. IT CAN ONLY BE ABSORBED as a counterpart in the ZERO SUM..!!!!! So unless you are in a hurry to find out what YOUR COUNTERPART looks like, The only way to DISEMPOWER IT on this plane is to IGNORE IT with proper RESPECT. To Acknowledge it - IS TO EMPOWER IT. It is nothing without YOU...
For ALL those Odds Lovers out there and the “non-believers” that are now saying – IT’s All odds, probability in occurrence, and random chance. That the car I pulled out in front of missed me, and I did not kill all of them, OR that the reason glass from the broken side window only grazed my face and did not cut my jugular.. The scientist “doing the math” citing the ridiculousness of belief in “divine Intervention”. Then riddle me this… HOW IS IT THEN THAT WE CAN COMPLETELY DISEMPOWER THE MOST EVIL AND NASTIEST NEGATIVE ENERGIES OUT THERE AND SIMPLY BY NOT ENGAGING..?! How is it then that I can solely determine whether or not to “activate” that energy.? And because if I do not activate it, IT NEVER EXISTED..!! This even slightly debunks the concept that matter can not be created or destroyed, at least the way that we understand the physics of ENERGY as relative to TIME and SPACE.!!

2) If there is no GOD, then why is it that the KNIFE I had dead zero on target with my kid brother's heart Rambow style (when playing as kids when pretending to stab him as the scabbard came off unexpectedly and accidentally) went askew and off to side only involving adipose luv handle area?! I had just quickly tapped him dead center sternum like 10 times in a row in a childish simulation of a "war time battle" prior to the button on this scabbard detaching unknowingly, and the ELEVENTH TIME should have changed my life forever?!? WHY was I not covered in blood and witnessing the LIFE leave his eyes BOTH of us then DESTROYED...!?? Why was my life NOT forever changed. If you THINK about it and look at the situation from the EXACT OPPOSITE SIDE - IT WAS.....![/B] This is a concept few of us appreciate which is called RESPECT FOR GOOD. It does not have to only be the bad things in life which get out attention ya know...! This is a function of "The Devil"..

3) Why is it that these (7) words seem to apply so accurately to Humanity and LIFE...?
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins]Seven deadly sins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
luxuria (lechery/lust)
gula (gluttony)
avaritia (avarice/greed)
acedia (sloth/discouragement)
ira (wrath)
invidia (envy)
superbia (pride)

4) Now tell me why it is that I need a CHURCH to DEFINE these for ME, when the MEANINGS are CLEAR....?! Speaking of the CHURCH, there is more to LIFE than a Fat Old Man in a Red Suit flying around with mystical animals and depositing material wealths in peoples homes..! Do YOUR Children know WHY this day is even celebrated, OR are you ONLY teaching and reinforcing every single one of the above 7 mentioned principles. Because if they don't know, thats exactly WHAT YOU ARE DOING...! So here we witness where one of the greatest celebrations in the history of Humanity can potentially Effect/Enable all the above evils if PRESENTED incompletely and incorrectly. As with always, the more important and profound a concept, the more CARE and CONSIDERATION MUST be given, else the POTENTIAL Realized is the tail side of the coin COMPLETELY due to ONLY Slight error. Just because the words are written by one man potentially ordained DOES NOT discredit the potential of the REALITY of God. What I ask is that IF these words hold no power and accreditation from
"higher power", Then WHY are so many people interested in MISAPPROPRIATING them!! The failure of the CHURCH is THE HUMANITY which is the intended Spiritual Recipient of Faith in God. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SPIRITUALITY & GOD. The fact that there is a different church on every corner IN FACT DISCREDITS THE CHURCH... This is a PROOF of Failure..!. Are we REALLY THIS BLIND, or is this the Proof that the Devil just happens to appear on every single corner these days..! I would just close in saying that BEFORE YOU take a position and decide whether or not you are the product of a God or NOT. Make sure you know that whether or not God made the Universe IS the Question. Make sure that you know that THE LEADER of these churches ARE NOT SCIENTISTS..! Scientists WILL BE the ONLY ones which could possibly prove or disprove this conundrum. SCIENCE IS RELIGION. A church is a business on a corner servicing WHO? Which religion MUST be Pure in Action and Mode of Operation.? Science. Which Religion appears to appear however it should decide on Any Given Sunday? The Church. What do those presents and TANGIBLE GOODS under the tree MEAN if not justified by teachings of the belief in God? SIN..! I wonder how many "scientologists" have a traditional Christmas? I wonder how many "Evolutionists" give their children presents on the 24th and 25th of December? The CHURCH and EVOLUTIONISTS are One-in-the-SAME. God is a different thing all together.. So when making your decision. Do NOT make your decision based on any CHURCH you may have seen or experienced. I wonder how many people have chimed in on this thread to make a position one way or the other, and the Greatest motivating thought on their mind today and right now - IS SCRATCHING THEIR ITCHING ASS...! Try scratching your head now....:)
And FYI, if you think and believe that God does not exists, and it does turn out that you are in mortal sin. You might consider that when you sit there saying that “you don’t see no miracle”, and that you don’t BELIEVE in the power of “The Almighty” – Then consider that perhaps he is not looking in YOUR DIRECTION for a REASON.. After all, if you are against you are against, and therefore any act could only be discounted, negatively torqued, or publicly misconstrued. The greater the act, the greater the impact. To NOT IGNORE and to Engage/EMPOWER evil is not on the Mighty One’s daily agenda – last I heard… Perhaps there is some truth in “believing in miracles”. Perhaps you really DO have to “believe”…

So do you think I BELIEVE.?? Would you think its safe to say at least that I am "playing devil's advocate"??;):)

Now gimmie an "Aiiiiimmmen"!!! And leMEE-GiT-SummaDATferMYKAdderakkZZZ.....!

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
New Study Brings Scientists Closer to the Origin of RNA

The RNA World hypothesis is central to many current theories regarding the origin and early evolution of life.

However, the formation of RNA by plausible prebiotic reactions remains problematic.

RNA is made of three chemical components: the sugar ribose, the bases and phosphate.

A ribose-base-phosphate unit links together with other ribose-base-phosphate units to form an RNA polymer.

Figuring out how the bond between the bases and ribose first formed has been a difficult problem to address in the origins of life field.

In the study, researchers investigated bases that are chemically related to the bases of modern RNA, but that might be able to spontaneously bond with ribose and assemble with other bases through the same interactions that enable DNA and RNA to store information. They homed in on a molecule called triaminopyrimidine (TAP).

The researchers mixed TAP with ribose under conditions meant to mimic a drying pond on early Earth. TAP and ribose reacted together in high yield, with up to 80 percent of TAP being converted into nucleosides, which is the name for the ribose-base unit of RNA.

This nucleoside is also shown to efficiently form supramolecular assemblies in water.

These results provide a proof-of-concept system demonstrating that several challenges associated with the prebiotic emergence of RNA, or pre-RNA polymers, may not be as problematic as widely believed.

Chen MC, Cafferty BJ, Mamajanov I, et al. Spontaneous Prebiotic Formation of a ?-Ribofuranoside That Self-Assembles with a Complementary Heterocycle. Journal of the American Chemical Society. http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja410124v

The RNA World hypothesis is central to many current theories regarding the origin and early evolution of life. However, the formation of RNA by plausible prebiotic reactions remains problematic. Formidable challenges include glycosidic bond formation between ribose and the canonical nucleobases, as well as the inability of nucleosides to mutually select their pairing partners from a complex mixture of other molecules prior to polymerization.

Here we report a one-pot model prebiotic reaction between a pyrimidine nucleobase (2,4,6-triaminopyrimidine, TAP) and ribose, which produces TAP-ribose conjugates in high yield (60–90%). When cyanuric acid (CA), a plausible ancestral nucleobase, is mixed with a crude TAP+ribose reaction mixture, micrometer-length supramolecular, noncovalent assemblies are formed. A major product of the TAP+ribose reaction is a ?-ribofuranoside of TAP, which we term TARC. This nucleoside is also shown to efficiently form supramolecular assemblies in water by pairing and stacking with CA.

These results provide a proof-of-concept system demonstrating that several challenges associated with the prebiotic emergence of RNA, or pre-RNA polymers, may not be as problematic as widely believed.

"Intelligent design" creationism is not supported by scientific evidence.
Evolution Resources from the National Academies

AAAS: On Intelligent Design Theory
http://archives.aaas.org/docs/resolutions.php?doc_id=432

The contemporary theory of biological evolution is one of the most robust products of scientific inquiry. It is the foundation for research in many areas of biology as well as an essential element of science education. To become informed and responsible citizens in our contemporary technological world, students need to study the theories and empirical evidence central to current scientific understanding.

Over the past several years proponents of so-called "intelligent design theory," also known as ID, have challenged the accepted scientific theory of biological evolution. As part of this effort they have sought to introduce the teaching of "intelligent design theory" into the science curricula of the public schools. The movement presents "intelligent design theory" to the public as a theoretical innovation, supported by scientific evidence, that offers a more adequate explanation for the origin of the diversity of living organisms than the current scientifically accepted theory of evolution. In response to this effort, individual scientists and philosophers of science have provided substantive critiques of "intelligent design," demonstrating significant conceptual flaws in its formulation, a lack of credible scientific evidence, and misrepresentations of scientific facts.

Recognizing that the "intelligent design theory" represents a challenge to the quality of science education, the Board of Directors of the AAAS unanimously adopts the following resolution:

Whereas, ID proponents claim that contemporary evolutionary theory is incapable of explaining the origin of the diversity of living organisms;

Whereas, to date, the ID movement has failed to offer credible scientific evidence to support their claim that ID undermines the current scientifically accepted theory of evolution;

Whereas, the ID movement has not proposed a scientific means of testing its claims;

Therefore Be It Resolved, that the lack of scientific warrant for so-called "intelligent design theory" makes it improper to include as a part of science education;

Therefore Be Further It Resolved, that AAAS urges citizens across the nation to oppose the establishment of policies that would permit the teaching of "intelligent design theory" as a part of the science curricula of the public schools;

Therefore Be It Further Resolved, that AAAS calls upon its members to assist those engaged in overseeing science education policy to understand the nature of science, the content of contemporary evolutionary theory and the inappropriateness of "intelligent design theory" as subject matter for science education;

Therefore Be Further It Resolved, that AAAS encourages its affiliated societies to endorse this resolution and to communicate their support to appropriate parties at the federal, state and local levels of the government.

This thread is very robust in elaborate opinions about the length of a book. Mine, however, is very simple: the issue of God is not relevant to humanity.

Of course, religion by definition is ignorance and politicians perpetuate ignorance, that's why we have to target our political systems, destroy our financial systems and pave way to a new era of ANABOLIC STEROIDS WHOOO HOOOOO!! [:eek:)] :wank::eek::rolleyes:;)

2013 - Public’s Views on Human Evolution
Public’s Views on Human Evolution | Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project

According to a new Pew Research Center analysis, six-in-ten Americans (60%) say that “humans and other living things have evolved over time,” while a THIRD (33%) reject the idea of evolution, saying that “humans and other living things have existed in their present form since the beginning of time.”

About half of those who express a belief in human evolution take the view that evolution is “due to natural processes such as natural selection” (32% of the American public overall). But many Americans believe that God or a supreme being played a role in the process of evolution. Indeed, roughly a quarter of adults (24%) say that “a supreme being guided the evolution of living things for the purpose of creating humans and other life in the form it exists today.”

These beliefs differ strongly by religious group. White evangelical Protestants are particularly likely to believe that humans have existed in their present form since the beginning of time. Roughly two-thirds (64%) express this view, as do half of black Protestants (50%). By comparison, only 15% of white mainline Protestants share this opinion.

There also are sizable differences by party affiliation in beliefs about evolution, and the gap between Republicans and Democrats has grown. In 2009, 54% of Republicans and 64% of Democrats said humans have evolved over time, a difference of 10 percentage points. Today, 43% of Republicans and 67% of Democrats say humans have evolved, a 24-point gap.

This is a TESTIMONY to the concept of IGNORANCE as it rampages in society today - and ESPECIALLY American Society as far as "developed countries" are concerned. The best part is that ODDS ARE, that those voting that we have existed as is always, PROBABLY were just checking the "one that looked most right", and out of stupidity THE BEST PART BEING is that they thought they were outsmarting a "trick question"... So the point being you would have to CLEARLY explain the concepts to these creatons, and half would probably change their answer... Simply put, all you have to do is look at the difference between a neanderthal man, and a cro-magnon man - as you can still see traces of neanderthal origins in all races of folks (per their version), and leading up to ever evolving variances in the cro-magnons today. This is "evolution".. OR REVOLVING to ELEVATE whilst doing so... OR, you cover the SAME TRACKS so many times, and sooner or later you are gonna find a BONE....!:D;):drooling::)

https://thinksteroids.com/community/threads/134324132

2013 - Public’s Views on Human Evolution
Public’s Views on Human Evolution | Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project

According to a new Pew Research Center analysis, six-in-ten Americans (60%) say that “humans and other living things have evolved over time,” while a THIRD (33%) reject the idea of evolution, saying that “humans and other living things have existed in their present form since the beginning of time.”

About half of those who express a belief in human evolution take the view that evolution is “due to natural processes such as natural selection” (32% of the American public overall). But many Americans believe that God or a supreme being played a role in the process of evolution. Indeed, roughly a quarter of adults (24%) say that “a supreme being guided the evolution of living things for the purpose of creating humans and other life in the form it exists today.”

These beliefs differ strongly by religious group. White evangelical Protestants are particularly likely to believe that humans have existed in their present form since the beginning of time. Roughly two-thirds (64%) express this view, as do half of black Protestants (50%). By comparison, only 15% of white mainline Protestants share this opinion.

There also are sizable differences by party affiliation in beliefs about evolution, and the gap between Republicans and Democrats has grown. In 2009, 54% of Republicans and 64% of Democrats said humans have evolved over time, a difference of 10 percentage points. Today, 43% of Republicans and 67% of Democrats say humans have evolved, a 24-point gap.

deeper into the rabbit hole

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis]Simulation hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

We have ALWAYS been an obese species, we were just never afforded so much SLOTH and GLUTTONY in days past. EVOLUTION would be the security of food with modern civilization and thus EVOLVE the body to be inclined to have LESS fat storage capacity. FAT ASSES are the ones WHO SURVIVED hard times historically. They are just DOING LESS WORK in conjunction with DRINKIN BIGGER GULPS these days...

These peoples bodies are FIGHTING to keep this weight from going to far, and in light of INCREDIBLE EFFORTS to PUT IT ON...! The funny thing about getting fat is - that just as it takes time to take it off and only so much can be dropped in a given day, IT TAKES TIME TO PUT IT ON, as only so much can be absorbed on a digestive pass. Truthfully, ITS A SHITLOAD EASIER TO TAKE OFF THE FAT (If healthy), as YOU Control the calorie expenditure. You CAN NOT control how fast you put it on to the same degree, as your body can only suck it up so fast per pass... So, I dont think it qualifies as either/ It would be more like Growth Freeze, or The PROCESS of EVOLUTION to be thinner if anything.. ;):)

An Interesting experiment would be to take a few identical folks say in the 15% HEATHLY BMI range (but at least having a STEADY BMI set point over at least 3 year history relative their age) and have a competition between two groups. One group attempting to put on weight (of any kind), the other attempting to loose weight (be any means short of mutilation). Now see who accomplishes a greater sum change in 2-3 months. Or a time relative to BMI as a pending calculation...

SO it the grand prize was $1,000,000.00. Then WHICH side would you choose to compete on..?!

We have certainly Evolved into a more obese species in one generation. :)
Evolution/Devolution?

Last edited:
SO it the grand prize was $1,000,000.00. Then WHICH side would you choose to compete on..?!
Neither side, maybe I can apply the Master of Ceremony job.

Not to change the thread, but is it not amazing how much food some people can
consume. I can go out and just be flabbergasted at restaurants. My guts would split.

Neither side, maybe I can apply the Master of Ceremony job.

Not to change the thread, but is it not amazing how much food some people can
consume. I can go out and just be flabbergasted at restaurants. My guts would split.

yes its a sickness.

Its nothing more than another misguided way to enjoy the brain chemical DOPAMINE. For some its cigarettes, for some its amphetamines, for some its gambling, for some its a high action sales type job, for some its working out, and for MANY- ITS PIGGING OUT...

I for one had a STRONG Love Affair with food for many years. It slipped in on me out of nowhere. It started for me by a justified appetite as younger, healthier, and working out. The moving in to a college based friday night PIZZA PIG OUT after a workout and a six pack. Cokes, POPs, sugar is a BIG function of this phenomena.

As WITH ANY form of SELF MEDICATION (which is what OVEREATING really is) - MANY of these folks use it to self medicate ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, or just a general change in the weather to combat BOREDOM in this SLOTH/GLUTTONY Based society which we now comprise.

I have finally kicked my WEAKNESS for FOOD/SNACKS/Cokes and it took me almost 20 years after leaving the young healthy age of "justified calorie consumption" incepted with an athletic background as youth from which it began. People used to tell me you have to "kick the pops" if ya want to ever find a healthy body weight set point. I just could not even fathom what they were talking about. To change my thought paradigm, I FIRST started NOT EATING at the "normal times". The same method I used to finally understand WHAT nicotine it to me. Next, I started experimenting with the George Costanza "Stop Short" method. And finally I realized that YES, life would go on if I did not eat till I was stuffed. And I would actually wind up full to my surprise.

The brief tangent here is NOT so much unrelated to whether or not THERE IS A GOD. In fact, THATS WHAT THE WRITINGS ARE ALL ABOUT. Cause its a fucking devils own sin to sit around STUFFING YOUR FACE when YOUR BROTHERS and FELLOW MAN are starving. Hell, save that extra sandwich or two at the drive thru and give that poor HOBO a buck or two for his SIX PACK FUND. Or donate the money to charity.!! The most disturbing aspect of GLUTTONY and SLOTH, is that rather that just getting off ones SELFISH ASS and getting out and HELPING OTHERS, we would prefer to sit on a fucking couch ROTTING OUR FAT ASSES AWAY while others starve or could just use that TIME we waste which we COULD BE making a difference in the lives of today's youth.

Whether or not any GOD, Allah, or supreme being exists (and forget the greedy ass lying CHURCHES), the holy writings are AMAZINGLY APPLICABLE to HUMANITY's success and apparent NEVER ENDING FAILURES... Too Err is human. To shERR is DIVINE...:)
yes its a sickness.

I'm not a Buddhist nor an atheist, but here is an interesting article from a convert to Buddhism. Although it is directed towards the Jewish/Palestinian problems in the "Holy Land" it gives a Buddhist point of view towards God/gods.
Kawilt.

"Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread. So here I am. By way of introduction, I am the editor/publisher of One Democratic State
https://sites.google.com/site/onedemocraticstatesite/Home
and have been a member of this list for some years. I’m an American Jew retired in Mexico, of the curious variety known as a ‘JuBu’ – a Jew who became a buddhist. I thought I’d join this particular discussion, which is really none of my business, because a buddhist perspective might be helpful – or not. I am not really interested in the infighting among the Abrahamic traditions, nor the factions within any of them. They are monotheistic and I prefer polytheistic traditions, mostly because they are far more fun. One gets to relate with and supplicate one or another of the archetypal styles of human existence, depending on one’s mood, what one is going through at the time, or simply the calendar.

On the other hand, being a buddhist, I have to reject theism altogether. It is, if I may say so, essentially one form or another of a belief system based on blind faith, opaque to reason and in all cases a projection of the illusion of one’s own separate, autonomous, continuous ‘existence’. All Gods, with or without the capital ‘G,’ are created by their human authors in their own image. And I don’t think that Freud, regardless of his many failings, was far from the mark when he stated that belief in ‘God’ is “an infantile wish-fulfillment fantasy.” On the other hand, a reductionist, materialistic view lacks a spiritual backbone, and leads to either a sole reliance on Science, which has a limited scope (only that which can be seen, heard, smelled, tasted or touched; or can be measured or enumerated; nor can it account for Mind), or to nihilism, or even serve as a cynical justification for the Machiavellian psychopathology of our dear leaders. Merely my opinion, of course.

However, because wisdom is an inherent quality, or potential, within all of us, it can be found in any and all religious traditions – even the Judaic version, hard as that may be for some of us to believe. It was, after all, Rabbi Hillel the Elder, a teacher in the lineage that Jesus of Nazareth appears to have inherited a century later, who enunciated one of the many variations of the Golden Rule – that quintessence of inseparable wisdom and compassion. He expressed it in terms of “don’t” rather than “do” – a typically patriarchal locution characteristic of an aggressive tribal people who worshipped a wrathful, fear-inducing Sky God and thus are fond of creating enemies - so that they can smite them, steal their land and property, and enslave their women and children. One might have thought that history would have weeded them out of the garden, like similar primitive tribal traditions such as the Mongols under the Khans, but they’re a stubborn lot.

What we, members of Shamir’s group, have in common with all those who desire justice, or at least a shot at a decent life for the Palestinians, and who are party to an uncompromising critique of Zionism and Israel’s atrocious behavior, is an allegiance to the aforementioned Golden Rule."

As the buddha put it,
"In separateness lies the world's great misery,
in compassion lies the world's true strength."

‘May all beings be happy and at their ease’

Love to all,
Roger Tucker
El gringo loco de Erongaricuaro

Ah yes....this thread. This is where Stretch (the good Christian) told all non-Christians we were going to burn in hell because we didn't pick the correct religion.

I thought at the time his views were that of someone who was mentally unstable - I think all fanatics are by definition.

My problem isn't God....just religion. Too many people use religion to justify being full of shit...to say all men sin and in effect say sining is ok so long as you say you're sorry in confession.

Stretch was a perfect example of this hypocrisy IMO.