Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Forum' started by Mac11wildcat, Oct 20, 2018.
Excited to give it a shot, thanks bro!
Weights finally climbing.
This scale (gym) maxed at 220 for me last year. 217.8 and looking a bit different from when it read 220 which is great.
Legs are finally fully back in rotation as they for the first time in my life are lagging compared to my upper. Left is yesterday. Right is near start of prep 2019.
I happen to be one of the lucky ones with a gym still open. My state is still lower risk with low double digit cases and no orders for shelter in place or essential functions only. I am not disobeying local or state level instruction, you shouldn’t either. My gym cleans several times a day on their own and they’re essentially forcing people to wipe down on their own.
Wanted to share my habits for reducing risk during this Corona shit:
- I go to the gym before my son naps and return while he’s asleep
- two pairs of shoes: one to leave and return to the house that I take off in the car, one for the gym that stays in the car. The gym shoes never come in the house.
- all my gym gear, the entire bag, stays in my car
- At the gym I use hand sanitizer and wipe down equipment before and after use, my gym appears to have a better “social distancing” scheme than the supermarket; haven’t been within 5’ of anyone at the gym yet and have yet to come across anyone being careless. Except for the old people...still gyming...
- when i return from the gym I immediately shower without touching much of anything, gym clothes go straight into the bin for the wash
- shakers that went to the gym go right into the dishwasher, only used for one session before cleaning
I am working from home, not seeing family or friends, etc.
Now that's a nice plan to follow, and my gyms have shut down indefinitely so managing to stay afloat with bw workouts and taking long walks up and down hills.
Managing the risks sanely is the best thing and hope you and your family stays safe!
Lucky, I tried bribing my gym’s owner but he’s a fucking wuss so no luck.
Even if you offered him plenty of towel paper?
Not too many private gyms up where I am and don't really know anyone with a home gym up here in NH yet.
Solid post brother.
I'm happy this wont effect your prep.
The unfortunate part is... we may not have shows this season.
I hope we can still get some good contests.
your getting pretty close to your pro card
I wasn’t planning to start prep for a show for some months now so I may still do OK. If not then I’ll be ready for the first of next year. Is what it is. I need a few more solid lbs and I’ll be good. But my 21Xlbs now is drastically different than before, so I’m feeling good about it. Just need to make sure my health is maintained so this prep goes smoothly.
Your symmetry had really gone up to the next level.
Good luck throwing on the weight
With those extra lbs you will be a monster.
Especially in 212 (Your class if I remember correctly)
I want your delts lol
To compete in 212 I’ve got another 20 to go
Just trying to max LHW at the amateur level. 212 guys sit 240+
Yeah, that's a lot of weight for a frame at that height.
It must take an INSANE amount of time/gear and dedication to get into a Hadi Choopan type body.
He looks INSANE at 5'7" 220lbs (One of my favorite current BBs)
Yup. Under the condition that you’re even genetically capable. I’m not a hadi fan because I don’t particularly like his balance and flow but he’s elite for sure.
I remember you said you didnt train legs for a while to let your upper body catch. Did you do any work for them to maintain, or did you completely stop training them? If so, did you lose any mass and how long did it take to regain? I tried searching through the thread, but I couldnt find answers to my questions.
Wow. Incredible gains Mac