How safe is I.M. regular human insulin??

sneak007

I'm thinking about using something like humulin-R injected Intramuscularly , as an alternative to a sub Q injection of rapid acting insulin, like novolog.

I've heard that the two methods are comparable, but medical sources on Google warn that the former can peak higher, with a shorter duration, and is less predictable than a rapid acting insulin.

Any experiences with effectiveness vs safety of the two??

Safe. Just start at 1iu per 20g carbs and work up to 1iu per 10g carbs or even 8g carbs. Find your sweet spot. I've used humulin-r from Walmart im and subq. It definitely worked faster Im. You can taste it in your mouth as soon as you inject it im. Look up the ultimate insulin protocol by Mike Arnold. There's the original version and an updated one that's much simpler to do. Have something with fast digesting simple sugar like a coke nearby in case you start to feel hypo. And maybe even give a buddy or family member a heads up so they can check on you the first few times

Safe. Just start at 1iu per 20g carbs and work up to 1iu per 10g carbs or even 8g carbs. Find your sweet spot. I've used humulin-r from Walmart im and subq. It definitely worked faster Im. You can taste it in your mouth as soon as you inject it im. Look up the ultimate insulin protocol by Mike Arnold. There's the original version and an updated one that's much simpler to do. Have something with fast digesting simple sugar like a coke nearby in case you start to feel hypo. And maybe even give a buddy or family member a heads up so they can check on you the first few times