Perrin Aybara's Journey to an Elite Powerlifting Total

Yeah, that's what everyone says to check that I've talked to. After the holidays are over and the spending that comes with them I'm going to try to look at it again. I keep it at my grandma's because there's a garage there to put it in, so I'm not around it much to just go out and tinker with it whenever I want. I hope it's something simple like that.

It'll be a cheap fix.. the coils from msd ,the cylinder looking ones are shit.. don't get those..
Agreed, I worked on my grandpas little el camino a few weeks ago was amazed at how cheap sbc parts are. Carbs are still high but seems like intakes and distributors got cheaper in the last few years.

Do you drive yours on the street at all? This one started out as a drag car years ago.
Not anymore.. it's got a full spool , mini tubbed, I drove it like that before but it's a bitch to back up.. I have a trans brake on it.. and you have to hold the button down to go into reverse.. try that with no power steering.. if I drive it .. I need someone to follow me cause it will have a 5 inch downpipe sticking out the bottom fender.. running exhaust on a turbo drag car is basically a straight pipe.. let me go take a pic real quick if the pipe..

Agreed, I worked on my grandpas little el camino a few weeks ago was amazed at how cheap sbc parts are. Carbs are still high but seems like intakes and distributors got cheaper in the last few years.
Sbc is a lot cheaper than ford.. don't know why.. I must've changed my mind 3 times ..I bought two ls motors and just sold them .. then I wanted to sell the motor in the pic so I can build a big block chevy.. big block means big dollars..that motor I had done cost me 7700.. thats with out the heads.. I have under 9500 total in it..

Sbc is a lot cheaper than ford.. don't know why.. I must've changed my mind 3 times ..I bought two ls motors and just sold them .. then I wanted to sell the motor in the pic so I can build a big block chevy.. big block means big dollars..that motor I had done cost me 7700.. thats with out the heads.. I have under 9500 total in it..
I'm partial to the ls engines especially if its going in a street car. The easy hp is a plus on them but everyone overlooks the fact that you don't have to fight oil leaks like you do on older small blocks

I'm partial to the ls engines especially if its going in a street car. The easy hp is a plus on them but everyone overlooks the fact that you don't have to fight oil leaks like you do on older small blocks
For a stock motor those ls motors can handle some abuse..for factory heads they flow damn good if you get the right ones

For a stock motor those ls motors can handle some abuse..for factory heads they flow damn good if you get the right ones
I just started building what I hope is going to be a bad ass little high winding bastard. 6.0 destroked with a 4.8 crank, ls9 cam, comp springs and I haven't decided on push rods yet. Hoping to bounce it up to 10k rpm somewhat reliably.lol

Ls1 tech can help you with that.. 10k Rpms . Shit is gonna be screaming!!! Valve train stability is a must... I had to get shaft rockers for mine with my solid roller cam.. 8500 is about as high im going..

Ls1 tech can help you with that.. 10k Rpms . Shit is gonna be screaming!!! Valve train stability is a must... I had to get shaft rockers for mine with my solid roller cam.. 8500 is about as high im going..
The shorter stroke should help some but 10k is asking alot on any engine. I've done gathered all the free parts I can from work so I'm going to have to start spending some money on it soon.lol

@Perrin Aybara i just thought about this.. this happen to me before.. I bought some fancy 9mm racewires and it started missing later on .. couldn't figure out why..so one day i said let me try one more thing.. I got a set of cheap auto zone plug wires .. changed all of them.. bam it stopped missing..

The shorter stroke should help some but 10k is asking alot on any engine. I've done gathered all the free parts I can from work so I'm going to have to start spending some money on it soon.lol
Put it in the vlavetrain.. changing the trunions on the rocker arms is a start.. valvesprings is a must also.. if not you gonna have valve float on higher rpms...