Perrin Aybara's Journey to an Elite Powerlifting Total

208lbs

Beltless conventional deadlift 475 for 7x2 (no pain!).

When I read that you were going to do deadlifts again my first though was, "Uh oh... I hope he's not going to go balls to wall again like last time and hurt himself." Lol. Looks like you were pretty conservative this time around though.

When I read that you were going to do deadlifts again my first though was, "Uh oh... I hope he's not going to go balls to wall again like last time and hurt himself." Lol. Looks like you were pretty conservative this time around though.

Yeah, I checked my ego and kept it light yesterday. I'm tired of not being able to deadlift, so I'm gonna ease back into it. Not planning on going truly for maybe two months.

210lbs

Comp bench 325x5, 325x5 (hit near rpe 10 on the second set and called it)
Box squats 430x3, 380x3, 380x3, 380x3, 380x3
One arm dumbbell overhead press (each side) 80x7, 80x5, 80x5, 80x5, 80x5

207lbs

Competition squat 440x3 (PR) 395x3, 395x3, 395x3, 395x3
Sumo good morning from the bottom 320x1, 340x1, 370x1
Front squats 225 for 5x7 (only got 5 on the last set because i got a crazy cramp in my side, they were all moving easy though)

@theprodgicalson this is my first time trying those bottom up good mornings, how does that one look in the video?

Front squats felt great, gonna keep them in the rotation for awhile. Surprised i managed the squat PR after working so much this weekend.

In other news got a little done on my property this weekend. Ran into problem after problem and didn't get as much as I'd have liked done. Went to borrow a tractor yesterday morning and wasted two hours trying to get it started and couldn't. Then that afternoon rented a backhoe and it broke down twenty minutes after we got it back and the place was closed by then. Spent a couple hours unsuccessfully trying to get it running. Then this morning took the battery out of it and put it in the tractor i was going to borrow and actually got some work done with it.

20170205_141724.jpg

Got most of the land cleared at least. Really needed the backhoe to dig, so gonna have to do that next weekend when everyone can get together again. Still a few weeks at least from being able to move in.

Also got pulled over last night for doing 53 in a 30 and got off with a warning. Can't believe the good luck for once, lol.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1486144730048.jpg
    FB_IMG_1486144730048.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 16
Sometimes pictures stay in the insert option if you've stayed logged in and didn't actually post the picture.

And damn B! Chill with the 53 in a 30!!! Hahaha

For the GM's from the pins I would go one pin hole higher. You basically want it to be close to your starting position of the deadlift. Back looked a little too parallel to the ground. I'll take a video when I do them next and show you.

I'm prescribed to use the SSB bar which I think makes it easier and more difficult. Easier to grip for sure. But is brutal on your upper back as its a little harder to get as tight with a normal bar.

Good work either way

Sometimes pictures stay in the insert option if you've stayed logged in and didn't actually post the picture.

And damn B! Chill with the 53 in a 30!!! Hahaha

For the GM's from the pins I would go one pin hole higher. You basically want it to be close to your starting position of the deadlift. Back looked a little too parallel to the ground. I'll take a video when I do them next and show you.

I'm prescribed to use the SSB bar which I think makes it easier and more difficult. Easier to grip for sure. But is brutal on your upper back as its a little harder to get as tight with a normal bar.

Good work either way

Yeah, usually I'm pretty good about speed limits.

I'll try it higher next week. I'm doing it in place of block pulls for now while I ease back into deadlift again. No SSB at my gym though.

God damn..... wish I had that cop the other night!!! Glad you didn't get slammed with any fines.

I was shocked. I think it was because I had my girlfriend and her two daughters in the car and we were all dressed up obviously doing the family thing. He didn't even ask to see my insurance, just ran my license and told me to slow down. He was really cool about it. It was a highway that turned into 45 and 50 right down the road, was just a little stretch of 30 near the interstate onramps where I was going too fast.

Wished it was a female cop, just show a little muscle they will melt lol.

I don't know what high school grade officers you are talking about, but most officers I run in to are massive dicks, especially the females.

I watched the female pull things out of my car when I was sitting in the back of the squad car and I asked wtf she was doing searching through my shit and the male officer goes "she's inventorying your stuff" as she poked around in my book bag.

Wasn't anything but Anna in the Tropics, a technology book, and smelly cleats. But still, they should not have been searching through my car.
Also my fucking tire was flat when I got it from impound. I am not very excited about any interaction with police, male or female.

Sorry for the rant.

I don't know what high school grade officers you are talking about, but most officers I run in to are massive dicks, especially the females.

I watched the female pull things out of my car when I was sitting in the back of the squad car and I asked wtf she was doing searching through my shit and the male officer goes "she's inventorying your stuff" as she poked around in my book bag.

Wasn't anything but Anna in the Tropics, a technology book, and smelly cleats. But still, they should not have been searching through my car.
Also my fucking tire was flat when I got it from impound. I am not very excited about any interaction with police, male or female.

Sorry for the rant.
No worries brother...some female cops are like that especially the older ones. I hear in the south the cops in general are big tards.

@Perrin Aybara , ever thought of making a mini gym in a shed on your new property? It would be a fun project, maybe not as big as Kap73's setup but enough for you to train in.

I am considering purchasing an old mobile home myself and fixing it up nice inside and out to look like a real home as I am handy. Almost snagged one a few years ago cheap but unfortunately was destroyed in a fire/explosion from leaking gas.

And lol I'm not trailer trash :cool:

I love the lifting videos!! Keep'm coming...

Thanks. I try to still put up a few here every now and then.

@Perrin Aybara , ever thought of making a mini gym in a shed on your new property? It would be a fun project, maybe not as big as Kap73's setup but enough for you to train in.

It would be cool to do that someday if I can ever afford it. For now I just want to get moved in and still have money left for food, water and electricity.

Honestly I'm pretty worried about what's going to happen if I can't find another job very soon. I've already talked to a few family members that will help me not starve. I haven't paid my gym membership since last summer and somehow my key still works, so that's good for now. Also got enough gear to cruise for at least a year, so I'm all good on that, too. So I can pull off a very basic existence if necessary, it's just paying bills that worries me. Car insurance, phone bill, electricity, water, gas money, etc. I really need to land another job before the month is over.

I am considering purchasing an old mobile home myself and fixing it up nice inside and out to look like a real home as I am handy. Almost snagged one a few years ago cheap but unfortunately was destroyed in a fire/explosion from leaking gas.

And lol I'm not trailer trash :cool:

I'm okay with being trailer trash. Better than renting or being crushed by a massive mortgage. This place will be mine with no payments. I own my car outright, too.

Thanks. I try to still put up a few here every now and then.

It would be cool to do that someday if I can ever afford it. For now I just want to get moved in and still have money left for food, water and electricity.

Honestly I'm pretty worried about what's going to happen if I can't find another job very soon. I've already talked to a few family members that will help me not starve. I haven't paid my gym membership since last summer and somehow my key still works, so that's good for now. Also got enough gear to cruise for at least a year, so I'm all good on that, too. So I can pull off a very basic existence if necessary, it's just paying bills that worries me. Car insurance, phone bill, electricity, water, gas money, etc. I really need to land another job before the month is over.

I'm okay with being trailer trash. Better than renting or being crushed by a massive mortgage. This place will be mine with no payments. I own my car outright, too.
Awesome, you must have run into some good luck snagging it. Done right, you can have a decent home that looks nice inside and out. How old is it?

Now hopefully you'll have more good luck this year and getting a better job as well:). You should try networking and getting connections to jobs that are stable and pay decently.

Hang in there brother and hope Lady Luck is on your side!

Awesome, you must have run into some good luck snagging it. Done right, you can have a decent home that looks nice inside and out. How old is it?

Now hopefully you'll have more good luck this year and getting a better job as well:). You should try networking and getting connections to jobs that are stable and pay decently.

Hang in there brother and hope Lady Luck is on your side!

It was only $3k. Not sure on the year, no older than 90's by the look.

I'm pretty much open to anything full time that pays $10/hour or more. Haven't heard from anywhere I've applied yet unfortunately. $15-20 would be life changing.