Chromate Analytical Services

How are you calibrating without reference standards? Are you referring to calibrating / spike recoveries with progesterone?
Yes, calibration with progesterone and relative response factors. I am not sure what you are referring to by spike recovery; not something I've ever come across during my HPLC study. Sounds more applicable to biochemistry.

Yes, calibration with progesterone and relative response factors. I am not sure what you are referring to by spike recovery; not something I've ever come across during my HPLC study. Sounds more applicable to biochemistry.
Spike addition analysis. You would add a known amount of standard to your sample and calculate recovery of that known amount by difference. A "mass balance" if you will given you know the exact amount of your spike. Quick and easy way to validate accuracy over your linear calibration range intermittently. Would validate/invalidate your guesstimates for response factors.

But then if you have calibration standards you'd have calculated response factors. Essentially it is an intermittent quality check on your method accuracy.

Last edited:
Spike addition analysis. You would add a known amount of standard to your sample and calculate recovery of that known amount by difference. A "mass balance" if you will given you know the exact amount of your spike. Quick and easy way to validate accuracy over your linear calibration range intermittently. Would validate/invalidate your guesstimates for response factors.

But then if you has calibration standards you'd have calculated response factors. Essentially it is a intermittent quality check on your method accuracy.

when are you getting an hplc machine… not going to lie… I think I’d actually send a sample off to you at this point…If I were you and actually had this much knowledge… I’d take the risk and do it….
I remember vaguely someone said janoshik gets around 400 tests a week or so
Basic test @120 *400
48k a week… I’ll take the risk of getting arrested for an operating an hplc machine illegally at that point…

when are you getting an hplc machine… not going to lie… I think I’d actually send a sample off to you at this point…If I were you and actually had this much knowledge… I’d take the risk and do it….
I remember vaguely someone said janoshik gets around 400 tests a week or so
Basic test @120 *400
48k a week… I’ll take the risk of getting arrested for an operating an hplc machine illegally at that point…
I am happy to help @Chromate (purely academically) although I don't want him to get in trouble. Disclaimer: all this for informational/educational fun.

Let's take your number at ~$2M top line per year If you don't have your legal ducks in a row so not worth it....for me.

To do this the "right" way domestically would take some effort and the reward to risk just isn't there for me. The science/knowhow is pretty simple for traditional AAS and not sure why someone is not making a killing in the US (at least temporarily if they did not do it the "right" way). The legal aspect is the tricky part (cal standards for controlled substances, federal and local laws, mail/shipping). See above and all that legal stuff that was posted.

Last edited:
I am happy to help @Chromate although I don't want him to get it trouble. Disclaimer: all this for informational/educational fun.

To do this the "right" way domestically would take some effort and the reward to risk just isn't there for me. The science/knowhow is pretty simple for traditional AAS and not sure why someone is not making a killing in the US (at least temporarily if they did not do it the "right" way). The legal aspect is the tricky part (standards for controlled substances, federal and local laws, mail/shipping).

The risk/reward is there for me…I’ll buy the hplc at this point…. You come over and run the tests for me… I’ll take the heat if caught….

I’m still okay if we split the proceeds …24k a week is still plenty for me…. Lol

But then if you have calibration standards you'd have calculated response factors. Essentially it is an intermittent quality check on your method accuracy.
That is probably more relevant when working with volatile analytes.

This is from BigBoost:

sent this sample then deleted my meso account (bigboost22). I gave this source my permission to post this

Shipping cost me 2 forever stamps in a 6x9 bubble mailer. Total of 4 days across the county. This was a big benefit, in my opinion, a domestic testing facility that I don't have to pay $54+ to ship to. I also was able to ship it more discreetly and anonymously. I'm a paranoid fuck, so I really liked that.

This was a custom brew. [Test result was 3.4% below target concentration]

Overall I am pleased by this result

Perhaps no calibration error after all.

whoever called me bigboost22 now you can tell i am in fact not big boost22...let the witch hunt continue doe.....merry christmas eve everyone

Merry Christmas Brother. I wish you the best and stay out of trouble (a sincere wish).

Better for me? No. But that doesn't matter. How is the information content in your second post any different than the first? Actually it does not match.

Test report? Where is Bigboost? What did Bigboost make? I gotta find another guilty pleasure hobby.

Last edited:
I ran @B Ware's sample again with fresh calibration solution and got the same result (0.7% lower). My money says the manufacturer "made an extreme error," further illustrating the importance of consumer analysis and why I began this project in the first place.

I look forward to seeing the results from the foreign lab.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Does 0.7%lower mean 70%??

So if someone’s sample of 250mg was .7% lower than label it’s actually only 75mg ??

No, it means 0.7% lower.

That would equate to 248.25mg with your example.
I figured it would be 70% because I saw the “extreme error” mention …

But I see now. It would be .007 *250mg to get to the number you said.

Thanks.. cbd raws still going to be good to test soon?

I ran @B Ware's sample again with fresh calibration solution and got the same result (0.7% lower). My money says the manufacturer "made an extreme error," further illustrating the importance of consumer analysis and why I began this project in the first place.

I look forward to seeing the results from the foreign lab.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Thanks for double checking. Eager to share the results

Merry Christmas!