JBallz and B79 gear up again!

I'm sad...kinda like after I watch the season finale of the walking dead or when breaking bad ended. What am I gonna read until the next season starts?

I'm in. Thanks for the idea. It won't be as good as brutals and JB'S log though. It'll be like that ok show you watch off season until the walking dead starts back up.
At least you'll get your inspiration from JB and Brutus...those guys should be motivating you to step up your game haha

I don't know much about timing carbs but most are in the morning and post workout. Limited at night.. What is this carb cycling you were talking about earlier?
hey bro fucking dope progress pics. you're a beast.

I'm wondering what your diet was like on that cycle? what kinda cals per day and what macro's?

Edit: I'm still going through the thread so forgive me if i missed it, ill keep looking though

f7fff1e2e9f9f30a99f6d50ebb974115.jpg
5e5a08903ce567ed74bf2f9f11038c79.jpg

Take away drugs and alcohol. Add gym and food.
whoa bro

I'm wondering what your diet was like on that cycle? what kinda cals per day and what macro's?

Edit: I'm still going through the thread so forgive me if i missed it, ill keep looking though

Let's just say ... They both fucking EAT

You can start with two orders of fiveguys burgers..damn that's making my mouth water early this morning.

@johnnyBALLZ @brutus79

This is what I and those in my group have done in the past with great success. I hope it brings you both the same success, and don’t hesitate to ask questions.

Carbohydrate Cycling- This term is often used throughout our community and generally refers to alternating from a low/no carb day (0g-50g) to a high carb day (250g-400g) or some variation of this.. However, it does become much more complicated than this. I am going to keep this simple and easy to follow. Once you are in a rhythm your note taking on what you are eating will not be as necessary, but starting off, it will be.

Basic Carb Cycle Introduction

1. Calculate your TDEE. This helps us figure your necessary caloric intake to meet your goal weight. TDEE is how many calories your body needs to function at your current activity rate to maintain current weight (or for our purposes, desired weight). The TDEE calculation is meant to determine how many calories your body burns in 24hours, according to the stats provided in the calculation. In the past, I have adjusted my TDEE to reflect my goal weight, not current weight. This is beneficial when “on” and you are aiming for a specific weight. You are eating and dieting to achieve that goal weight. This particluar TDEE calculator below will help you determine what your number should be and has a 20% surplus option for those muscle building adjustments.

http://tdeecalculator.net/

2. Now Calculate how many grams of carbs you currently take in on a daily basis. This is a necessary calculation, because we are going to immediately slash them in half for 14 days. If your carb average intake was 500g daily. You are going to go to 250g max daily. Then when calculating your TDEE macro breakdown, replace 40% of these carb calories with Protein and 10% with fat. (Don’t forget fats give us 9 calories per gram instead of 4.)

Try to avoid as many simple sugars as possible, but Brutus loves his apples, so those are good, just stay under the daily limit. Remember this plan is for someone who hasn’t carb cycled before or is coming in from a long hiatus. This is not show prep.. You may look ready for a show when we are done, but our goals here are 8 pack (panty dropper mode) and maximum muscle gain possible from calories introduced.

3. The goal after 14 days at 50% carb reduction, you should feel leaner but should not feel flat or depleted. Some more experienced dieters will go right into Ketosis these first 14 days. This means they would reduce their carbohydrate intake to 0g-50g day and after 7-10 days they could check their urine for ketones. At this point they are in Ketoacidosis, similar to what an uncontrolled Diabetic is in because they are urinating out all of their Sugars.. This Ketotic state is very beneficial because the body is using fat as its main energy source and burning fat stores. But I wouldn’t recommend that to start out, it is really easy to fall off the wagon if you were on a heavy carb diet prior. So for our purposes, this 2 week period will be your adjustment phase.

4. Now to the “Carb Cycling” we hear so much about. There are many variations of the number of days of low to high and when to adjust them. There are 2 main things we have to consider here. One is Consistency. For this to be effective, we have to be consistent. Dramatic results require consistency. Two, listen to your body. If you are feeling depleted and have been on a three day low carb stretch further down the road, it is time for a high carb day.

Also, some dieters using Carb cycling will take 20% off of their TDEE and shoot for caloric reduction while Carb Cycling. We do not do this when we are “on” cycle. These extra calories will be burned up and we need them. We set a goal weight/caloric goal and then adjust how/when our carbohydrates enter our bodies.This changes off cycle.

5. The Actual Carb Cycle--

I have tried this many different ways, but to start out I like the 2-1-2-1 method. This means you start with 2 straight low carb days and then one high carb day, then 2 more low, then end with one high.

Example for a 49 yr old 265lb 6’1’’ person looking to build muscle (20% surplus) I would need approximately 4,400 calories a day. Here is how I would breakdown my intake:

Day One: 50g Carb (200 calories)/600g Protein (2400 calories)/Fats 200g (1800 calories)

Day Two: 50g Carb

Day Three: 300g Carb (1200 calories)/600g Protein(2400 calories)/ Fats 85g (765 calories)

Day Four: 50g Carb

Day Five: 50g Carb

Day Six: 300g Carb

Then repeat rotation from the beginning

As I mentioned before, there are many variations of this. I have seen diets where no carb days are incorporated into this such as a no carb, then low carb, then high carb schedule. I have also seen others put their fats much higher, however when you are on cycle, this is not recommended. The reason being the protein grams will have to be lowered to fit into your caloric goal. As you get further into this, you will know what you respond to and what you don’t. Also if you are feeling good going 2 straight low carb days, you can try three in a row down the line and switch up to 3-1-3-1.The results will be shocking when you have it right.

6. In order to figure your high Carb day #s, I like to go a little higher than you were during the 14 day carb reduction. Carbs are necessary for muscle growth, so we have to take this into consideration. Also back to listening to your body. For Example, If you feel flat/weak on 300g high days, go to 400g. Just be careful on the simple sugars. But start on the 300g level and adjust if necessary.

7. Brutus and the 5 Donut days—Yes.. no shit this can happen, but I don’t recommend it for those without some level of willpower. After 4 rotations of the 2-1-2-1 schedule, a very high carb day is in order. We need to refill the glycogen in our muscles. Therefore 1000g day can take the place of the last (1) in the 4th rotation. I don’t recommend lowering protein to fit in the calories, I always lower the fat on this day and tend to blow out my TDEE.

8. Last, to eat 6-8 meals or not?? I don’t really see a point to this argument. I don’t think eating more often speeds up your metabolism. However, your body can only process a certain amount of protein at a time, and you can only eat so much at a time without puking. So it only makes sense to split the times into more frequent meals.. When Carb cycling I have found eating more frequently helps stabilize my blood sugar as well. Is there a metabolic advantage, I’m thinking not, but for me it’s a convenience. To each his own.

Happy Dieting you Monsters,

CB

Thanks for posting this, great read. Actually this whole thread is awesome, looking forward to reading it all

Hey Brutus, I know we've had our differences but I give you props for your hard work and knowledge. Looking good man. Hope we can move on from our words that werent so positive.

Hey Brutus, I know we've had our differences but I give you props for your hard work and knowledge. Looking good man. Hope we can move on from our words that werent so positive.
It's all good man. I run my mouth and feel better immediately after expelling my vile verbal effluent.

On a lighter note (and since the log was resurrected) I went training in a sick powerlifting gym today with @Docd187123 and a guy from another board I frequent. Did some squatting with bands in a monolift- both of which were new to me. Afterwords someone helped me out on my deadlift for and I pulled 545 for a pr! Great experience today- learned a shit ton about all three lift mechanics. New log in a couple weeks give or take, right Mr. @johnnyBALLZ ?

It's all good man. I run my mouth and feel better immediately after expelling my vile verbal effluent.

On a lighter note (and since the log was resurrected) I went training in a sick powerlifting gym today with @Docd187123 and a guy from another board I frequent. Did some squatting with bands in a monolift- both of which were new to me. Afterwords someone helped me out on my deadlift for and I pulled 545 for a pr! Great experience today- learned a shit ton about all three lift mechanics. New log in a couple weeks give or take, right Mr. @johnnyBALLZ ?

Eh, probably a month.. Which will be sooner than my original plan of September.. August 16th will put me right at 12 weeks off.

Congrats on the PR brute! Awesome to see you guys getting ready for another round as well.. Keep crushing them weights fellas!

Nice pull my man. Already hitting big number and the fun hasn't even started

Nice job on the PR, Brutus...600lbs by meet time I predict :)

Those guys must have really worked you like a dog too, haha. Keep killing it and perhaps you'll take home some hardware!

Damn @brutus79 545 is some serious fukin weight bro. Cant wait for the new log to pop off up in this motha. Feels like one of those badass action movies you see the previews to an just cant wait till it releases. Release the BEAST!!!;):cool: