Sending AAS samples to independent, accredited laboratory in Europe

Would you be willing to submit an unopened sample to an independent accredited laboratory in Europe?

• No. I could never bear to part with gear.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I would only send it to a US-based laboratory.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Yes. But only if I didn't have to pay for the cost of analysis.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Yes. But I would not be willing to pay more than USD $50 for analysis.

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Yes. I would pay up to USD $100 for analysis.

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Yes. I would pay up to USD $150 for analysis.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Yes. I would pay up to USD $200 for analysis.

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Very interested to see these results. Were the samples sent in verified against lab quality control #'s if applicable? I had some Balkan test e and dbol from roidgear (alin?) a few years back, no bloods, but the stretch marks to prove it was fire lol
We used product batch number and/or authentication codes to verify the legitimacy of samples whenever possible. For example, the scratch off authentication/quality codes for Alpha Pharma and Pharmacom were verified on the manufacturers' respective websites.

We were still fine-tuning our procedures during the first batch of samples. But in the future, it will look something like this:

(1) All lot numbers, batch numbers, authentication codes, quality codes, scratch-off codes, etc. will be recorded and photographed and otherwise verified during the collection process.

(2) The collectors will then send the product(s) to an analytical lab for testing.

(3) The analytical lab will record and photograph the products and all relevant codes upon receipt.

This will help establish chain of custody by both ascertaining the origin of the product that the program receives and verifying that the products received by the program are the same ones being tested by the analytical lab.

Unfortunately, we were unable to follow all of these steps for the first batch of products. Most notably, I just learned today that the laboratory failed to photograph the tested products due to an apparent miscommunication. However, they did verify that the batch numbers/codes matched the ones recorded by the collectors. This is adequate but I think photographic documentation is even better.

alpha-pharma-testobolin-authentication-code-300x225.jpg alpha-pharma-testobolin-batch-number-vial-box-300x225.jpg
check-alpha-testabolin.jpg

If a lab product tests bad i agree that it isn't worth much to test it again later down the line unless some special circumstance pops up or you run out of other things to test. Since that won't happen i like that you are leaning towards re-testing good products later on down the line to keep things honest.

I would like to see some tests on these supposed pharma amps such as bayer test and the jelfa omnadren. I think they are naps products, but i have a suspicion a lot of these crap fakes are coming from the same source and being distributed through re-sellers. I know it must be frustrating for guys(especially new guys) who may be paying premium prices only to find out all their supposed pharma amps are knock-off garbage.

Haven't posted, but have been following this thread. Very positive idea and just like everyone else, I am looking forward to the results.

This should help make the picture more clear for the MESO community. I absolutely plan to view the results and contribute. IMO, every member that views the results should contribute something.

If a lab product tests bad i agree that it isn't worth much to test it again later down the line unless some special circumstance pops up or you run out of other things to test. Since that won't happen i like that you are leaning towards re-testing good products later on down the line to keep things honest.

I would like to see some tests on these supposed pharma amps such as bayer test and the jelfa omnadren. I think they are naps products, but i have a suspicion a lot of these crap fakes are coming from the same source and being distributed through re-sellers. I know it must be frustrating for guys(especially new guys) who may be paying premium prices only to find out all their supposed pharma amps are knock-off garbage.
Good point and your suspicions are probably right. Many consumers may seek out what they believe to be legitimate human grade products (albeit still being sold on the black market). No doubt there is some legitimate pharma products out there due to illegal pharmaceutical diversion. Yet the probability is even higher than many of those alleged pharma products being sold are counterfeit. We need to address and develop a strategy for clarifying the risks of the counterfeit market too.

Good point and your suspicions are probably right. Many consumers may seek out what they believe to be legitimate human grade products (albeit still being sold on the black market). No doubt there is some legitimate pharma products out there due to illegal pharmaceutical diversion. Yet the probability is even higher than many of those alleged pharma products being sold are counterfeit. We need to address and develop a strategy for clarifying the risks of the counterfeit market too.

Millard, you've been around this racket a long time and know more about it than almost anyone, so how likely do you think it is that pharm grade AAS are being diverted to the black market in the quantities some of the biggest sources are selling?

Obviously Pharm products from the US and the EU have a very limited availability but I'm more interested in whether the Third World countries can really supply as much as they supposedly do.

FWIW, I have no doubt that pharm grade AAS are being diverted but question the large quantities available as well as the low prices that are being charged.

Last edited:
We'll start posting the results on the new lab testing website in a few days. :)

Millard, you've been around this racket a long time and know more about it than almost anyone, so how likely do you think it is that pharm grade AAS are being diverted to the black market in the quantities some of the biggest sources are selling?

Obviously Pharm products from the US and the EU have a very limited availability but I'm more interested in whether the Third World countries can really supply as much as they supposedly do.

FWIW, I have no doubt that pharm grade AAS are being diverted but question the large quantities available as well as the low prices that are being charged.
I could only offer a guess. It would definitely be worthwhile to develop a strategy to answer this question.

I could only offer a guess. It would definitely be worthwhile to develop a strategy to answer this question.

Was that a writer's answer or a politician's? ;)

images

So if some brands come back as accurately dosed, and you decide to also test for bacteria and heavy metals, will you have to send a new vial or can they use what you already sent and save time?

So if some brands come back as accurately dosed, and you decide to also test for bacteria and heavy metals, will you have to send a new vial or can they use what you already sent and save time?
This would be very good! We are thinking of doing something along these lines in the future. I don't think we need to perform comprehensive testing if the quantitative analysis is poor. So, as you suggest, it would be better to make bacteria/heavy metal testing conditional upon results of the quantitative.

Though it was a small amount since I just had a wedding ($10) I will contribute more. More then anything I am amazed that over 1.6k was raised between 16 ppl, good job everyone.

I am overwhelmed by the confidence you guys have shown and the eagerness to financially support the program even prior to its official introduction. I can't wait to launch the program and start posting lab test results.

Please help me raise money to make this project a success. I have created a crowdfunding campaign seeking to raise $50,000 in funds by December 31, 2015. This comes out to an average of a little over $7,000 per month. All it would take is a $10 monthly commitment from just 700 AAS harm reduction advocates. At current dollar-euro exchange rates, this will cover the costs of at least 35 monthly lab tests conducted by an independent, fully-accredited Western European lab.The program will be scaled according to funding e.g. the more funding, the more lab tests.

Imagine how big a difference this will make in terms of helping steroid users make more informed decisions and consequently reducing the harm associated with the use of underground steroid products.

Nothing would make me prouder than to see the MESO community rally behind this cause and lead the way in helping me support a project that will have wide-ranging harm reduction benefits for the entire community of non-medical AAS users.

Thank you in advance for your support!

Donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/aas-harm-reduction

Alternatively, the public bitcoin address for donations is 18PUopBDgAXQqyCmKkBkPWBLUVRjyEbRm9

A private, unused bitcoin address can be provided upon request.

The equivalent dollar amount of bitcoin donations will be added to the crowdfunding progress meter.

Just about to make a donation, but only got to the homepage so far........ Are the personal details on the homepage mandatory? And what are the payment options once I get past that stage? (sorry if I've missed payment options somewhere).

Surely. Can they also do quantitative/qualitative on RAWS?

It's nice to know that your sample is X% of the target substance, but what is the rest of the (100 - X%)?

"What is the rest" can be a very difficult and therefor expensive if not impossible task.

Any thoughts on sending a known legit pharma grade sample as well? Perhaps a waste of money but i've seen some folks claim only 4-5x dose on pharmacy Watson.

The musings of a mad man :)

"It would definitely be worthwhile to develop a strategy to answer this question" is right up there with Clinton's "that depends what your definition of is is." Millard might have even topped it with that one. Linguistic gymnastics at their finest! It's a head scratcher, for sure.

Donated $20 which I plan to contribute every month the project is going. A bit disappointing that only 18 people have contributed. Hopefully, it is just a case of people not being aware of this project yet.

"It would definitely be worthwhile to develop a strategy to answer this question" is right up there with Clinton's "that depends what your definition of is is." Millard might have even topped it with that one. Linguistic gymnastics at their finest! It's a head scratcher, for sure.
Sorry. I thought it was a pretty straightforward reply. We do need a "strategy" to answer the question. How can lab testing help? Can we test a couple of resellers and make a conclusion? Is five enough? How many repeat tests are needed? It's relatively easy to give a well-supported answer to 'does x sell only real Primobolan Depot?' with repeated lab tests at different points in time. But a question along the lines of 'what percentage of Primobolan Depot on the black market is really from pharmaceutical diversion?' may take a great deal more work and more testing - in other words, a good strategy.