Who is our biggest, most shredded member at Meso?

You should consider it, you would do well. At that body weight with that dl, it is quite impressive. There certainly can be an aspect of muscle growth to powerlifting, in fact there has to be, unless you get as big as possible and no fat for your weight class, but even then there is maintenance of mass. I've been dealing with other things, but my last meet a year ago I didn't even bother doing any sort of peaking, or really a powerlifting routine, it was the first one I went into without having a clue what I would be able to lift, and I actually ended up having the best total I've had, and won best lifter award. To be honest lb for lb your deadlift is better than mine, I pulled 601 in that meet. So now I am focused on getting my body fat well in check, timing a cycle properly and actually peaking for a meet, and then time it so that I can run another cycle to compete in world's. I've qualified twice, only went first time, as second I needed a break.

It isn't hard to get into to be honest. The guys are really helpful usually, and want each other to succeed and have a good time, and come back for more. I would pick the next available meet, and get a little instruction on the basics, read the rules, and don't bother cutting weight for it.
Really good stuff bro! Thank you for sharing. I'm poking around in my community rite now to find PL events. I was supposed to do a small meet on August 2 but it got cancelled:(
You mentioned timing my cycle for a meet and that's what I have been wondering about. It looks like there is gonna be an event in October here in my town but I will be in my PCT/recovery at that time. Years ago in prison I did a comp. I barley had 3000 calories let alone any type of AAS. If I recall my number was 1185 total. My bench being the smallest at 300 lbs.:(
The good thing is, I live in a college town and we pride our selfs on our athletes. TRACKTOWN USA!!! GO DUCKS!
So there is a lot of people I can talk to about getting involved in PL community. I'm really excited about this!
Also, off cycle I weigh in at 185lbs. The problem for me on cycle is that I'm weighing in at 206 lbs today. There are some KILLERS in that weight class. Ever since I started using TNE, I gain more and more. Not sure what to do about that?
Anyway, forgive me for rambling. Thank you for the insight on power lifting. I'm so hyped rite now I cant wait to go deadlift tomorrow! IF I try to PR tomorrow, I will document and post it! Keep kicking ass bro! Thanks again!

Frank the tank

Heavy ass weight:confused::eek:...check,:cool: strength an agression intact:D:p...check,:):D:cool: straight up fuckin beast mode:p:D:cool:...triple check;););):D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:
Blasted off with 1 ml of TNE 2 hours pre workout. Felt great! I do admit bro, I get a little nervous going into a PR. I don't want to hurt myself and I don't want to fail. There was a bunch of Crossfit nerds in there watching me. A lot of chicks too. But I got it up!!!!!

Blasted off with 1 ml of TNE 2 hours pre workout. Felt great! I do admit bro, I get a little nervous going into a PR. I don't want to hurt myself and I don't want to fail. There was a bunch of Crossfit nerds in there watching me. A lot of chicks too. But I got it up!!!!!
Fucking awesome tank,great lift brother

I always get nervous on squat and deads and it is just me, mostly don't want to get hurt or fail. Pretty crazy if you can week after week keep hitting big deads.

Fucking awesome tank,great lift brother
Are those shoes for squatting Frank? If not what are they?
Those are the Nike romaleos 2. Love those things. Yea they are lifting shoes

Sorry frank didn't mean to steal that
I always get nervous on squat and deads and it is just me, mostly don't want to get hurt or fail. Pretty crazy if you can week after week keep hitting big deads.
Thanks dudes! Yes those are Nike romaleos and they are lifting. Primarily squats. I been lifting in air max for a while now. I'm slowly making a transition to PL. I wanted to try them on my pull lift. They work great for squats. They also worked great for my deads today.

Thanks dudes! Yes those are Nike romaleos and they are lifting. Primarily squats. I been lifting in air max for a while now. I'm slowly making a transition to PL. I wanted to try them on my pull lift. They work great for squats. They also worked great for my deads today.

I love using them for deads too. I've heard a lot of people say they aren't good for deads but I won't DL in anything else. As far as squats they are second to none. I justified the cost of them after blowing the air pockets out of 3 pairs of 130+ Air max.

I love using them for deads too. I've heard a lot of people say they aren't good for deads but I won't DL in anything else. As far as squats they are second to none. I justified the cost of them after blowing the air pockets out of 3 pairs of 130+ Air max.
Still using a $30 pair of chuck Taylor's. Nice and flat and solid. Falling apart but work well.
Ya man after doing squats and deads in air max for so long these romaleos are a real fuck'n treat! My lady helped me buy them. With out her I would be lifting in shaqs from Kmart:(
JK...
All BS aside, I love squating in them. I really like doing deads in them too. The extra insole is flat and stiff as fuck.

I have to say great thread. I give you guys mad props. Yall look great. I've been lifting a little over a year and a half. 6 foot 6 240lbs. Started my first cycle 11 weeks ago. I dropped 20 lbs of fat. Bf is roughly 20%. This thread with all the pics gives me even more motivation to see some of your guys age and the physique you guys still have. It's incredible. I've learned so much here. First few times was a bunch of fuck offs lol. I'm learning everyday reading through post like this. Keep up the hard work gents.

I would rather live one day as a lion than 10 years as a sheep.

I also get nervous going for a PR and after I hit it I always think I could have thrown an extra 5 or 10 lbs on . The problem is you can't throw the extra on an do it again right away. I feel good I hit it and bad because I think I could have done more.
HAHAH, I could see that. I don't feel bad anymore, because I know I am stronger, and can hit a higher number again later. I train different than most, I like leaving a little in the tank. I tend to take a bit more to recover than some people if I push too hard, so I try to keep a steady progression if I can. It works, there's a bit to it, but I don't feel like writing an article, cause I'm not a writer.

I can't afford fancy lifting shoes. You see me barefoot in the gym when it comes to squats and deads.
amazon's running a sale right now, around $100 if it helps but still not worth it imo haha
http://slickdeals.net/f/8069644-men-s-adidas-adipower-weightlifting-trainer-shoes-97-free-s-h-w-amazon-prime?src=SiteSearch

Oly lifting shoes are not optimal for deadlifts, use flat shoes, otherwise great picture!