Daily Log to 2019 Show Season

its 3 sets total of 15 reps per weight with 4 sets of dumbbells. Almost like “run the rack” but less reckless.

Looks like this:
10lbsx15, 15lbsx15, 20lbsx15, 25lbsx15
Rest
Repeat but in reverse
Rest
Repeat original

These are deliberate reps; no swinging.
nice. Sounds like torture. I like it

Chest
Low Incline DB Press - 4x10/8/8/6 @ 100/110/125/130

Incline Barbell Press - 4x10/8/8/6 @ 225/245/245/245

Decline HS Press - 4x10/8/8/6 @ 2/2.5/3/3.5 plates

Flat DB Press - 4x10/8/8/6 @ 80/100/100/100

Pec Deck - 3x10/8/8

Cable Flyes (top to bottom) - 3x10/8/8

Vbar Smith Press - 3x10/10/10

Moving to more easily trackable progressive overload training for a while. I like to “periodize” but it isn’t too structured or on a cadence, so every 3 weeks to couple months training changes.

Chest
Low Incline DB Press - 4x10/8/8/6 @ 100/110/125/130

Incline Barbell Press - 4x10/8/8/6 @ 225/245/245/245

Decline HS Press - 4x10/8/8/6 @ 2/2.5/3/3.5 plates

Flat DB Press - 4x10/8/8/6 @ 80/100/100/100

Pec Deck - 3x10/8/8

Cable Flyes (top to bottom) - 3x10/8/8

Vbar Smith Press - 3x10/10/10

Moving to more easily trackable progressive overload training for a while. I like to “periodize” but it isn’t too structured or on a cadence, so every 3 weeks to couple months training changes.
V bar Smith?

Friendly reminder boys; train the way you know how.

I’ve been following training from a coach and after a second (albeit minor) injury today I’m back to my own training style (never injured in the gym before). I was recovering from a SI joint injury from smith Machine deadlifts (which i will NEVER touch again) and had a groin tweak on leg press today. My planned layoff on legs earlier this year was extended by the first injury. Now this.

I should’ve been smarter and listened to my body. Instead tried to be a “good client.”

Take it for what it’s worth.

Still bottom heavy though...

Attachments

• FAC7E15C-3FDF-4E51-A236-B8CD43B0C838.png
    FAC7E15C-3FDF-4E51-A236-B8CD43B0C838.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Friendly reminder boys; train the way you know how.

I’ve been following training from a coach and after a second (albeit minor) injury today I’m back to my own training style (never injured in the gym before). I was recovering from a SI joint injury from smith Machine deadlifts (which i will NEVER touch again) and had a groin tweak on leg press today. My planned layoff on legs earlier this year was extended by the first injury. Now this.

I should’ve been smarter and listened to my body. Instead tried to be a “good client.”

Take it for what it’s worth.

Still bottom heavy though...
Got a thick set of wheels !! :cool:

I’ve already been relegated to the locker room for posing because some nosy skinny-fat house wife complained.
Ha! They welcome that at mine, what I meant was I'd never hear the end of it they'd say "wooooaahh TenGrams getting all faaancy what's wrong with close grip?!!? " It looks really good I might have to go at 1am and try it

Ha! They welcome that at mine, what I meant was I'd never hear the end of it they'd say "wooooaahh TenGrams getting all faaancy what's wrong with close grip?!!? " It looks really good I might have to go at 1am and try it
Oh, the bench movement? It’s an amazing finishing movement. Talk shit until they try it and their chests cramp.

Oh, the bench movement? It’s an amazing finishing movement. Talk shit until they try it and their chests cramp.
Right? I do a db press with them flush against eachother in a hammer grip every once in a while, seems similar but that handle would be even longer range of motion. Fuck it I'm trying it

Right? I do a db press with them flush against eachother in a hammer grip every once in a while, seems similar but that handle would be even longer range of motion. Fuck it I'm trying it
The DB variation has too much stabilization involved for me at the end of a workout. This is straight chest. Just focus on pulling those elbows together vs pressing. Stop short of lockout

Got a thick set of wheels !! :cool:

I second this. Sick dude

Thanks boys.

Haven’t really keyed you guys in on where I started. So here goes.

I was a soccer/track athlete in HS and started weight training at an athletic performance facility. Negligible weight gain but it elevated my game. 2008, I graduate and head to college (photo below is a month before my summer going in to college and fairly accurate of where I started my journey, that’s me with the cool shades). I was 115lbs soaking wet.

This spring will mark 10yrs of training, though not all with competing in mind. On track to hit 100lbs total gain which is 10lbs per year average. It definitely could have been done faster but here we are.

To elaborate on my prior claims, in that time I have never:
-exceded 500mg test per week(until this cycle)
-exceded 2250mg TOTAL per week even in the last 2 weeks of prep with 300mg+ of assorted orals a day
-no health scares (you saw my bloods)
-no major injuries

Will this stuff prevent me from going pro? Don’t know. We’ll see. But I think this sort of info is important. Especially for the younger guys. Most guys probably don’t consider 10yrs of training an option to achieve a pro physique (if that’s their goal). Guys are going pro 5yrs younger than I am now. I do NOT believe doubling my doses would have gotten me here 2x faster; doubling my dedication and eliminating distractions would have.

All things said and done, I believe this CAN be done at a moderately high level (i guess I can’t really talk unless I go earn my pro card) without destroying yourself. This isn’t a knock on those who choose to do more, just my experience.

Attachments

• D5E7B17D-4955-4065-B2AA-8C693CE341CB.jpeg
    D5E7B17D-4955-4065-B2AA-8C693CE341CB.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
And w/ the dbs it's a really short movement especially with 80s and up

Lol, I have NEVER seen anyone do these outside of prison. They call them shotguns in there, but yeah they suck with heavier weight, especially certain shaped dumbbells. I'm going to have to try that with the smith machine.