Daily Log to 2019 Show Season

You look like triple the size..... And you don't even use more gear....

I know personally a 212 ifbb pro that uses 3g gear with 8iu HGH daily and 50 iu Insulin year round.

You look great!
A good pro? Or just someone with IFBB on their name?

hi, i was reading your interesting log and i can't understand one thing about your workouts, i read pps, i guess it's preparation set x (number reps), but i don't understand why then you repeat pps for the second set of the same exercise, i'm not understanding something I imagine

1. Single Arm HS Upper Row - (meadows 3pl8x8/2.5pl8x10) 4ppsx11/3.5ppsx10 (2.5ppsx10/2ppsx12) - 4.5ppsx11/4ppsx 11, 5ppsx10/4ppsx10, 5ppsx12/4ppsx11, 6ppsx8/5ppsx10

for example here I don't understand absolutely anythin :D the only thing I understood is that the comma divides the progression from week to week

hi, i was reading your interesting log and i can't understand one thing about your workouts, i read pps, i guess it's preparation set x (number reps), but i don't understand why then you repeat pps for the second set of the same exercise, i'm not understanding something I imagine
Pps is plates per side. Because calculating weight for machines is kind of a pain, I just use pps. 1 pps = 1 45lb/20kg plate per side. 2.5 would be 2x45 and 1x 25 per side. Just a very rough way to list weights on plate loaded machines.

thanks, now it will be much easier to interpret

when you use parentheses next to an exercise does it mean super set instead?

however your main logic behind training seems to be 1 top set + 1 back off am I right? and then add volume with 2 3 sets for exercise tò add volume, right?

Last edited:
thanks, now it will be much easier to interpret
when you use parentheses next to an exercise does it mean super set instead?
Parenthesis are changes to the exercise for that week. Say I wanted to use a pulldown machine but it was taken, so I did cable instead, the movement I changed to goes in the parenthesis with the weight/reps for the day. I close the parenthesis when I switch back (usually the next training day) or could be never if I make a permanent change to one movement inside of my establish program.

Parenthesis are changes to the exercise for that week. Say I wanted to use a pulldown machine but it was taken, so I did cable instead, the movement I changed to goes in the parenthesis with the weight/reps for the day. I close the parenthesis when I switch back (usually the next training day) or could be never if I make a permanent change to one movement inside of my establish program.

thank you, now everything is clear... your mindset behind the program currently is

warm up

1 top set to failure

1 back off to failure

And some exercise Like laterali rise with more volume....Is It right?

thank you, now everything is clear... your mindset behind the program currently is

warm up

1 top set to failure

1 back off to failure

And some exercise Like laterali rise with more volume....Is It right?
Only an added set on the laterals because it is my one real delt movement on each push day and I don't see the sense in warming up another. So I just do 3 instead of 2.

Did you spend years and time building strength before finding this approach or did you always train in a "few sets to failure" mode?
I've trained just about every way under the sun. From typical bro split with way too much volume which trial/error, indsutry knowledge, studies, etc eventually morphed into this. IMO it's the most efficient, most consistent, least amount of guess work approach possible. Same execution week in week out and no matter how you feel or what's going on the goal is to beat the log book. Not beating it is ok, but it sets microgoals to chase every single day.

More less how much working sets for muscle do you give a week?

and one more thing i don't understand very well, how come your top set reps are very similar to the next set reps despite you doing a back off, which in theory you should do more reps with?

Back