Daily Log to 2019 Show Season

Depends on my goal. If it’s chest, they’re out at like 60deg measured from my side. Close grip for triceps they’re at about 30deg.

Different for everyone. Do whats comfortable and hits the target muscle.
That's the same way I am, go by what your body tells you. If it tells you something doesn't feel right then listen to it and stop doing whatever it is that doesn't feel right. Definitely a difference between good pain and bad pain.

I've heard a lot of people recommend the Smith machine for that exact reason. I find that dumbbells alleviate any pain I have. Do you guys tuck your elbows in when you benchpress or flare them?
I normally tuck them in. It’s just not comfortable in my shoulders when I flare them out. I feel like I’m gonna lower the weight and pop my shoulder outta socket. Dumbbells though feel great. I think I’ve gottenstronger more progressively using them compared to a Barbell Press.

I take a shit EVERY time I go food shopping...and here we are again...

Back
1. Pullover Machine - 4x8-15 ascending weight to failure

2. Parallel Grip Pulldown - 4x8-12

3. Barbell Rows - 3x8-12

4. Close Grip Pulldown (individual handles one on caribiner) 3x8-12

5. Flite Machine Rows - 3x10-12

6. Pull-ups - 2 sets to failure

7. Single Arm Seated Cable Rows (lean forward) - 3x12

Jumped around a lot today. Everything felt good and it didn’t take many sets to get done what I wanted, so more movements it was.

Couple days off here; broke up a dog fight and my left hand took the punishment. Weight is climbing like crazy over the last week, so it sucks to have this stall. Hopefully be able to train legs tomorrow and find ways to train that don’t require holding a bar for the rest of the groups (machines, attachment to my wrist, whatever).

214 tonight after a shit day of eating too.

Attachments

• 83194E97-4781-4FC8-9A1A-4FAB37D26173.jpeg
    83194E97-4781-4FC8-9A1A-4FAB37D26173.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 144
Hey man, following here, really informative!

sorry if you already answered but was reading your initial posts about the RPG from RedCon for high carb and cheat meals (2-4 pills depending on the meal)

Is it really helpful?

Hey man, following here, really informative!

sorry if you already answered but was reading your initial posts about the RPG from RedCon for high carb and cheat meals (2-4 pills depending on the meal)

Is it really helpful?
It makes a definite difference, I will say that. Buy a tub and use it for big carb meals or cheat meals. I also noticed it made a HUGE difference in pre-show carb up.

There was something floating around saying 6 of them was equivalent to a typical metformin dosage but that could just be heresay.

Merry Christmas you Filthy Animals (person shown for scale is 5’10”)

Attachments

• E3FDAA64-FAC8-4C7B-A7DE-29A26AAAAA9B.jpeg
    E3FDAA64-FAC8-4C7B-A7DE-29A26AAAAA9B.jpeg
    462.7 KB · Views: 138
Well, that turned in to a 5 day layoff. Finally back in the gym today but a bit limited. Hoping my knuckle doesn’t force me to need stitches. Also have some numbness in one area on my thumb that feels weird as fuck...and still swollen. Think the pressure from the bite was more traumatic than the puncture.

Fuck dog bites.

Chest/Tris:
HS Wide Grip Press - Ascending warmup sets to max reps (7) of machine maxed out with 45 plates into a triple drop set

Incline Barbell Press - 3x12–15

Cable Flyes (top down) 4x10-12

Cable Flyes (waist level up) - 3x10-12

Pec Deck (single arm) - 2x10

Seated Tricep Extension (mid range position) - 1x15
SS
Overhead Cable Tricep Extensions (stretched position) - 1x15
SS
Cable Tricep Extension (contracted position) - 1x15

Attachments

• 61CCB93F-8A2C-4324-8353-5ED00CEC818C.jpeg
    61CCB93F-8A2C-4324-8353-5ED00CEC818C.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 159
  • EEDBE4C4-ABAC-4849-B820-6F145D3F4FF8.jpeg
    EEDBE4C4-ABAC-4849-B820-6F145D3F4FF8.jpeg
    461.8 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Looking good @Mac11wildcat . I may have missed it early on but are you seeing a posing coach, or have a routine of your own?
All my posing is self-taught with an eye on it from a good friend who’s a posing artist herself. Routine will be of my own doing with her consultation as well.

Offseason posing hasn’t been what it should be, but time constraints of being a dad and my job are interfering right now. I usually hit 10–15 mins a day.

Your posts always get me motivated, looking great dude. Sorry about your hand... but lord I bet that was a site to see. Jacked dude wrestling some dogs like steve irwin.

Your posts always get me motivated, looking great dude. Sorry about your hand... but lord I bet that was a site to see. Jacked dude wrestling some dogs like steve irwin.
Haha thanks man. Glad others are getting something out of this.

If you ever want a reminder of how weak you are as a human go fuck with a motivated animal....

Photos attached of my leg training ideology.

Since you mentioned leg press first, if you can squat (front and back), hack squat, and hex bar deadlift add those in ASAP.

As far as bringing up the sweep. Narrow your stance on everything; I don’t care what anyone says it works. Get DEEP in squats with tons of knee flexion instead of sitting your ass back (IE drop straight down). Add in some extensions with your toes pointed slightly in. Pin your quads out there (for feeling). Lunges with a close step and lots of knee flexion (drop down, don’t move forward over the knee or it’ll be glutes).

Do realize that the overall shape and proportion your legs take is highly genetic. The 4 heads tie in where they tie in and there’s no changing it.

Third workout of legs following your guidelines.
I pin legs every time I do them now, pinned some TrenS on both and it was hurting like hell for a couple of minutes, had my best workout ever.

Close stance on everything is working wonders, I can literally feel the outer quad working...

I kept it simple, back to the basics:
Legs extension: 6x12
Leg press: 6x12
Hack squat: 6x12 (I do that at Smith machine, no hack squat in my gym:'( )
Sumo squat: 4x15 (here my quads are destroyed)

I want to focus Quads more for now.